Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/9/2019 8:51:59 PM EDT
I am finally getting around to milling this one and will have to 'kote it.

So, red is a requirement.  I have black LOK grips.

What should we do with the color?

Attachment Attached File

I am sure you all know I cant leave well enough alone.

I did this
Attachment Attached File

and this

Attachment Attached File

Oh, and this. This was just to troll the Colt Purist.

Attachment Attached File

one or two just stupid ugly things, but hey, these are toys, no fucks given.

Now I gotta a wild hair to make a 75B into a Carry Optics Race gun.
To play this game:
45 oz max weight unloaded and cleared.
140 mm mags (max)
A red dot
SA/DA or Striker fired (nope, well, maybe).

I thought of the P10F......its #3 ish on the list.

Phantom? I dont think I would like the Omega trigger, I cant seem to get the pretravel to my liking for heavy competition. nor the overtravel.

Shadow 2? It would be the better choice, but it needs some shit chopped off, shes a little fatty. Its 46oz out of the box, with NO mag. Lots of milling, and a month out to get done. Sooner if I bribe a mofo.

Hummmmm........... I have an SP-01, I could very well use it, but I kinda like how I did the trigger and it is what I like to bring out with freinds and family, to them its the worlds best trigger, but it is only about 65% of what I would use for competing. So, that is a no go.

I could buy a NIB and go that route too. This may be the way I go if I dont like what I find on fixing an SRO on the 75B.

SRO is not optional, thats what we are working around as the center piece. CZ is 90% of what I want to go with, as I cant think of a better SA/DA  to build on.

Sig? meh, I would sell it in 3 months

That said, we goona plan on a 75B and build it as fucking ugly as we can.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2019 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
My SP 01 Phantom does not have an Omega trigger.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#2]
And it is super light weight. May not be as good for racing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 8:27:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And it is super light weight. May not be as good for racing.
View Quote
5 oz is not that much, but it is what it is.

I can very well use my SP-01 I have here, and build another one at a later date.

Looking at some stuff now.

[wallet] fuckin' guns [/wallet]
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
This the Phantom is a 75 trigger not an Omega.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
too late anyways,......

I am going to build up the SP01 into a fine Carry Optics rig.
I just hope I can get this shit done before the LA Gator match.
Link Posted: 9/10/2019 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
There are some rediculous deals to be had on the phantoms right now. Guys are reporting getting them for $350.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#7]
So, I got this on the way (if I cannot pick up in NC while on biz travel).

Somehow USPSA says this is legal now on Production and Carry Optics.

Hoping the LGS has an SRO in stock (5 moa) so I can grab that tomorrow.

Still need to order:
base pads for 1400 max

I decided to run a dovetail plate until after the USPSA Louisiana Gator Classic. After that, I can send this out to get milled and coted.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There are some rediculous deals to be had on the phantoms right now. Guys are reporting getting them for $350.
View Quote
Where?
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 12:16:27 AM EDT
[#9]
OP, you can call that P07 ugly if you want. I think it looks fucking awesome. Who did the work?
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP, you can call that P07 ugly if you want. I think it looks fucking awesome. Who did the work?
View Quote
its a P-09 and I do not think it is ugly whatsoever. Others do, but others did not pay for Vulcan to do the work.

It is in good hands now with a fella in east Texas. IT was a very fun pistol to shoot. That comp really did work. Its a Primary Machine comp..

I think I will have Primary Machine do some stuff to this SP-01 build, but I am going to have to hold off until Nov, as I need this CZ to run a big match next month.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#11]
CDNN was running sales on them for $389. Hunt gunbroker as new ones pop up with no reserve. Some bigger stores run sales online. It is not one of CZ's faster moving models so stores have to drop the prices to clear some space. Gundeals has some in the low $400s.

Quoted:
Where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where?
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 2:18:15 AM EDT
[#12]
If you like it then it is good.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#13]
for those curious....

I dug through my mag boxes. I have 8700 mags in this house, but only 3 full size 75 mags....WTF?

2 more Nickle mags inbound. $50 each shipped.
Got the new USPSA approved Thumbrest/Slide release ordered $120 shipped
Dovetail SRO mount from CZC $90 shipped
Going to swap the hammer and strut to a Cajun one.....$100 shipped
I am going to use the OEM trigger to see how that works, if not, Cajun to the rescue.

SRO should be here in the next week, I hope. Around $500

Should be a bad mofo when done

I will still need the milling job and cote job done after Nov. so.....add up another $400

Half Cajunized = $200
SP-01 I think I paid around $600

So lets go with a $2,000 fucking pistol.

I may have to sell off a Czechmate to recoup most of this $.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I may have to sell off a Czechmate to recoup most of this $.....
View Quote
[Frasier Crane] "I'm listening...……."[/Frasier Crane]  
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where?
Myself and my friend each bought Phantoms for $290 shipped. A bunch of other people an arfcom got them even cheaper.

Deals were here, then gone. It wouldn't surprise me if they dropped in price again...
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

[Frasier Crane] "I'm listening...……."[/Frasier Crane]  
View Quote

I took off on a "working vacation" today, gonna be on the road for about three weeks.  
Basically I will be working a 3 day work week until the 5th? Maybe the 7th.
I have parts getting shipped to 3 different states...LOL.

I did not want to wait for some of my CGW parts, so I raped my 75c. Poor thing is in a parts tray.......well, most of it.

Once done it really made me remember the Shadow 2. I may have to do a comparison as it is that close.
So it is now, 100% Comp. Kit Cajunized. I would guess, 4# on DA, abount 2.5ish on SA , but stupid smooth, and very little junk travel.
Its no SAO, but not too shabby.

In a way, I hope I do this right as to not want to go back to Open, but that is, well, like reforming a crack addict.

Once you go Open, they say....
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I got one of these on the way too.

Damned thing is going to be a non comped Open Minor.....but legal in Carry Optics.

Getting excited to see an SRO on top of it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I got it all put together today, excpet for the optics.

This thing is INSANE! I have never run a plate rack so f'ing fast!

Money well spent!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks great and I'm sure shoots even better than it looks!

That's IF you shoot it, which I'm kinda wondering about with you owning 20,000 CZ's and only 3 regular 75 mags!

ETA: old man hands
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I got it all put together today, excpet for the optics.

This thing is INSANE! I have never run a plate rack so f'ing fast!

Money well spent!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120021/CO_1_JPG-1098662.JPG
View Quote
Tell me more about that thumb rest/slide stop.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cz Customs part.

It is identical to a TSO/Czechmate safety except made for a 75
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Looks great and I'm sure shoots even better than it looks!

That's IF you shoot it, which I'm kinda wondering about with you owning 20,000 CZ's and only 3 regular 75 mags!

ETA: old man hands
View Quote
Full size 75 mags....LOL

No clue how that happened. Still have one floating around I cant find.
The 2 nickle coated ones are stupid slippery, sooooooo, Ben Stoeger will get $100 more from me.

I have 18 TSO mags, no clue compact mags, and then the rest.... LOL.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cz Customs part.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cz Customs part.

I meant the gas pedal you have that looks like it goes where the slide stop goes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I meant the gas pedal you have that looks like it goes where the slide stop goes.
View Quote
Oh.......

SSI.....tell him the dude with the manly Kia sent you  
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.......

Nice! I'm assuming it would work just fine on my SP-01 Tactical.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh.......

it will, BUT, you will have to file down an RCH off part of the cam that rides under the left side of the slide.
P.S. RCH is red cunt hair.

ETA: once you get it installed, you will see what I am talking about. I mean just an ever so slight amount of material.
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Also, if you have ever shot a match, and you get the stage briefing....

"pistol on table/barrel, not propped up..."

WINNING!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Also, if you have ever shot a match, and you get the stage briefing....

"pistol on table/barrel, not propped up..."

WINNING!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/120021/on_table_jpg-1100595.JPG
View Quote
Oh hell yeah!
Link Posted: 9/23/2019 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Almost forgot.

Since this is pretty much a one of a kind pistol, it needed a one of a kind holster.

I just happen to spend a weekend at a very good friends house, who is also a a holster maker near Fayetteville, NC

It was a bit of a challenge due to the Dumbo ears sticking off the side, but it came out pretty nice.

Attachment Attached File

There was a bit of material he tossed in the garbage can, and I just hated to see it go to waste. So I sorta did a dumpster dive with this.
Had no clue what I was gonna do with it as I stared at it for about 87 seconds. Then it hit me.....

Pimpin' yo!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#31]
well.... We will find out tomorrow how she runs in a match.

I am in Eastern NC (Greenville) and there is a Level 1 match about 11 miles from me.

Will be running it in Limited, as I seem to not be able to find my 5th mag. I do have 2 more of the nickle ones, but they are sitting at my parents house in S. Florida.

4 should get me through Limited pretty easy.

I am also curious as to if the locals are up to speed on the new gun rules. I am not really sure if it will fir in the box or not, but it is very close to the 1 5/8" width.

Hopefully, I get squaded with some cool folks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Late update.

Ran the pistol in the match and did not go well. I had one stage that was what I would call normal.

The others I had issues.

I was running subsonic 9 (880 fps) which is normal, but I for got I had a 9lb recoil spring and it was just a tad slow, so I was really waiting on the slide to settle down.
So, I switched to some hotter 124gr (1020 fps) and a 14 lb recoil spring. That did not go well either as it was just a bit to much. My first shots were almost dead center, but no clue on where the 2nd went on some of my more aggressive follow up shots.
I had to slow down too much and wait on the slide to settle. Being used to the open gun and rapid follow up shot habbit.... derp!

Outside of that, The slide was a bit sticky. I had it lubed up pretty good hoping the slide would wear in the cam on the safety. nope. I was more focused on that than shooting.

I had to take off more material with some diamond files.

Here is a bit if size ref. shot. 9mm

Attachment Attached File

Not sure if you can see the cam I needed to fit. Just to the right of my thumb, that shiny part was protruding into the slide rail on the frame. Slide would hit it, sorta stick and then let go. It was a fast ordeal, but just enough to make me focus on that rather than shooting.

(fitted images)
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I have that material removed now and it is very much done and works like a champ.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Once I got that sorted out, I wanted to verify the new slide release was not catching......LOL, it was, but not too bad.
The boxed shape bit houses the slide rail. It was a bit snug. So, me, the file, and some work, and I opened it up a bit. A VERY small amount. Almost a 1000th past the finish. It is pretty daggon smooth now.

Attachment Attached File

I also had to smooth out the 90 deg corners of the same area...well, the right side of the box. It has to clear both the frame and the slide, which id did not.
A bit of sandpaper and it worked, but It was still a bit snug. Diamond files to the rescue.
Now it goes in with ease, allows the slide to move freely......doe NOT lock the slide back. But I dont really care to much on that. Only time I run dry is when I am an idiot.
One good thing, if I do run dry during practice, I know immediately if I am anticipating .....so there is that benefit.

Attachment Attached File

I am in south Florida until Sunday morning, so I will shoot a steel match at Universal in Frostproof, Fl tomorrow to see how things go. Hoping I can find a 12lb spring today.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#34]
OK, so I ran it is the match with a busted thumb. On Friday, I wanted to test this thing and the two new nickle mags along with some springs and rounds combos.
I needed to get gas, all was fine until I decided to slam my thumb in the car door.

I have not done this in 40 F'n years. Funny as hell seeing me jump up and down at the gas pumps, screaming some impressive obscenities.

Attachment Attached File

well, thumb all busted up, new toys, we're gonna choot it anyways.

Ran like an effing top! Everything was as smooth as butter and  10# and 12# springs ran fine for both 124gr sorta hot (1020 fps)  and 147gr subs (880 fps). I am digging it.

I ran the match without any issues with the gun, but my por thumb was taking a beating. I think I got 8th over all. Between the thumb and thinking my front sight was a red dot, I screwed it up, but had fun and got to see how she would act in stupid fast mode.
Shes gonna be a freakin' beast with the below thingie attached.

Attachment Attached File

mocked up, but for now, I will spoon the dovetail mount on there. No time to get it done before the La. match.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#35]
I almost forgot.
Since I was going through West Monroe La on my way home, I timed my trip to stop off at Cajun Gun Works.
They are some of the nicest folks. I got some springs, and a bunch of backup parts along with other parts I wanted to swap out. Mainly the lanyard plug to a flat one.

I also wanted them to critic my smithing work, I mean, what better place to get it looked at.

2# and 4#....and I learned I can get it down 1/2# more with some minor frame/hammer work.  w00t! I wil do that when I break it down for coting and milling.

I also found out I can make the new slide stop actually slide stop.....LOL

I just have to file off all the material in the circled pic below. Not sure if I will bother or not. I have until the end of the month to decide.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#36]
finally got the SRO and mounted.

Attachment Attached File

Off to pick up some +4/5 base plates
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#37]
When you were a kid, didja look over at your buddies and say, dudes when I grow up, I'm going to have bell bottoms so big that home less people will live under them?

Nice GAT though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
When you were a kid, didja look over at your buddies and say, dudes when I grow up, I'm going to have bell bottoms so big that home less people will live under them?

Nice GAT though.
View Quote
I hated bell bottoms and hippies

It is an ugly sumbitch, but it is a purpose built device, function over form.

Ran it today in a match.

Its spot the hell on, dont think I could have done a better job building this thing.  Now to get my ass back in shape. I had spurts of "great shooting" and some "good lord yer an idiot".

Going to be sending about 2500 boolits into the dirt over the next 2 weeks.

Match today, Tomorrow, Wed, both days next weekend, and then two more practice days after that.
I gotta be on my A (C game actually)  game by the 26th.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#39]
I have sorted this thing out as best as I can. I am really loving this thing.

Got some good ammo sorted out too. Running 124gr at about 1050 fps witch makes minor power factor with ease.

Gotta get moar rounds in the mags though, I forgot WTF I was shootin' here. 17 round mags are the suck.

Link Posted: 10/17/2019 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Just got back to the "office". my Hennigns baseplates arrived via USPS.

We now have 17+4 and one in the pipe for 22 boolits...w00t! Once the followers come off backorder it will be 23 rounds. Stoked.
Attachment Attached File

Had to make sure it is not too much of a fatass....45oz is the limit.

Attachment Attached File

One small issue, but I have a new flat plug I need to install.
It keeps the mag from locking in, but I will swap out the plug tonight.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#41]
You can pull those stock followers and dremel off the 2 legs that stick down to make your own grams style followers. Just round off the corner that wants to get stuck in the mag release slot.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 11:37:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You can pull those stock followers and dremel off the 2 legs that stick down to make your own grams style followers. Just round off the corner that wants to get stuck in the mag release slot.
View Quote
meh, I have more mags that can use these.

I like having extra parts. I would hate to travel hours to a match only to have to come home over a follower or some other small part. OK, so that follower was not a send home item, but moar parts is good  

I did order two more Hennings.

They are stupid nice and the quality is outstanding. 100% Tool less (not counting the grip nut tool).

I cant wait to get this thing milled and coted.

I will probably do some sort of Cherry red or a red to come close to the baseplates, OR I will have some black to separate the color difference where it is not so noticeable.

Its safe to say this pistol is on the top of my "Favorite CZs I have ever owned". I may just build a second one
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#43]
I think I have this thing running about as good as an SP-01 can run.

Little bit of video to see how flat this thing shoots. ALMOST as flat as an Open gun.

Link Posted: 11/10/2019 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Ok, lets build a second one.

This time we may just start with a Shadow 1. Got to find a good donor.

Couple of reasons to do this:
1:) Im an idiot
2:) One is none, 2 is one
3:) See #1

Since the Dallas/Ft. Worth area has matches every weekend, being without a pistol for a few weeks would suck. So, we need to build a second one while the slide gets milled, then we send this one off to get milled.
Plus a backup to use or lend out is a plus.

I may do this on in bling mode though.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#45]
There is a shadow 1 on brian enos right now for $650 with tons of upgrades. Save me the temptation and buy it, if it hasn't already sold. Was posted this morning.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There is a shadow 1 on brian enos right now for $650 with tons of upgrades. Save me the temptation and buy it, if it hasn't already sold. Was posted this morning.
View Quote
I never see Shadow 1s for sale.  Had to get both of mine from CZC.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OP, I think you already know what must be done. ;)

https://i.imgur.com/2EUFVik.jpg?1
View Quote
I am trying not to do the milling thing. TRYING to be the kicker.

I am also going to do the thumb rest/ slide stop. Ext. safety. etc..

I could very well do a Shadow 2, Its not that much difference from the SP-01 and Shadow 1.
Pretty sure it will fit in my holster.

I am also having a custom built AR for carbine matches

Not sure if it would be cheaper just to become a meth addict.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#49]
SCORE!!!!

This is a helluva deal on a Shadow 1, almost 50% off....I will take that all day long and twice on Sunday.

We are going to build this identical to the SP-01.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top