Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2021 8:13:26 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I've been looking around ever since the P17 was released and they seem to be next to impossible to find for a reasonable price. I understand the "corona" inflating gun prices and availability. It just humors me you can find a CP33 all day long for under MSRP at least, but not the P17.

Does anyone feel like they'll ever come down on price, closer to MSRP if not below it? Has anyone been able to pick one up for a reasonable price?

For a sub-$200 MSRP handgun I just can't justify paying the inflated prices everyone is asking right now. However, only seeing half a dozen or so for sale online has me worried that if I don't act now, I'll never be able to get ahold of one again.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably gonna be a few years before inventories start to climb.  I'd like one, too, they seem neat.  Only other Keltec I have is a P11 from 2003.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I want one but every example I have seen has been $350.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn.  I'd pay $200 for one, but no more.  Glad I don't "need" one.  I can wait.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Damn.  I'd pay $200 for one, but no more.  Glad I don't "need" one.  I can wait.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don`t really mind paying extra in the weird circumstances we are now in, supply & demand after all, but edging up toward MSRP X 2?   I`ll make do with my trusty old S&W model 422 for a while longer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I feel like you guys, when guns TYPICALLY go for under MSRP and this is example is going for almost twice MSRP, it really makes you ask do you need it or just want it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#6]
this is typical of kel tec. they go into "full production" and it's not the numbers of other manufacturers put out. A few years ago I was after a sub 2000 gen 2 and an rdb
they were in production,  but in such low numbers, that on gun broker they were going for $200 over msrp. just saying that this probably has nothing to do with
the crazy times we are in, but rather kel tec's business model.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been trying for a year to get one not stupid priced.
I've given up at this point. If they can't produce them in enough numbers to keep up with demand pre-china flu then I don't need one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top