Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2020 1:14:25 AM EDT
I'm trying to find a decent holster for my new 5" M&P9. I've got a nice DeSantis Speed Scabbard for my 4" v1.0 M&P9. I actually have owned a ton of DeSantis OWB leather holsters for various pistols, and really love them. But I'm not seeing one for the 5". I haven't decided on whether I want to hang a light off of this pistol or not. I have a light on my 4" M&P9, and that'll continue to be my night stand pistol. So I don't see the need to hang a light on my 5". Anyways... I have no idea where to look for a holster for the 5". I'd take a kydex holster, but would prefer leather. Don't wanna pay $150 for some exotic material either. Regular ole cow hide is just fine. So any suggestions on brands or sites are welcome. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve had Nelson Holsters make several leather holsters for me, James does very good work and his turn around time has only been a couple of weeks lately. They do take some time to break in as they’re extremely tight new
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By K_Mac:
I’ve had Nelson Holsters make several leather holsters for me, James does very good work and his turn around time has only been a couple of weeks lately. They do take some time to break in as they’re extremely tight new
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check em out!
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:56:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a JM Custom Kydex for mine. He's best in the biz IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 12:24:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Safariland makes several different models that fit the 5” gun.  Use their holster finder and select the M&P 9L choice.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ARnTN:
Safariland makes several different models that fit the 5” gun.  Use their holster finder and select the M&P 9L choice.
View Quote

That's awesome. Thanks for that suggestion. The tactical shit is pricey, but the duty and concealable holsters aren't. Will likely go that route.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a KT Mech holster for my 5” M&P 2.0.  Works great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top