Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2018 12:16:33 PM EDT
I haven't had an OWB holster since the 90's and have been carrying IWB with hybrid holsters for probably 10 years.

I bought the M&P 2.0 Compact and think for winter carry an OWB holster would work well, I've been looking at the Mitch Rosen Express 5JR but not sure belt loops are the answer so I was looking at the Premier Express with it's snaps but now we're at the $90.00 mark for something I just want to "try out" It seems quite a few companies don't make an OWB for this particular gun either which is limiting options I've found.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
bianchi 57
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:31:19 PM EDT
[#2]
KT Mech gunfighter with the $15 lining. I love mine and it took 2 weeks to get not 2 months.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Bravo concealment / thread.
NM, it looks like you're looking for leather.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope I'm open to suggestions. I've used Kydex OWB for pistol classes but never for CCW before.

All of these suggestions look nice, I thought Bravo was more expensive than it is, I see they have a 15% off sale going on right now as well.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nope I'm open to suggestions. I've used Kydex OWB for pistol classes but never for CCW before.

All of these suggestions look nice, I thought Bravo was more expensive than it is, I see they have a 15% off sale going on right now as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just an owb from them in about 4 days.  M&P full size with trl-1 and red dot cut. With a mag pouch IIRC it was in the $60 range.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I just an owb from them in about 4 days.  M&P full size with trl-1 and red dot cut. With a mag pouch IIRC it was in the $60 range.
View Quote
Well Bravo Concealment not only had 15% off their products but I found a 10% off code that stacks with that so I was able to order a holster for $41.31 shipped. I really wanted to try KT Mech because they are in the same city and down the street from me but I couldn't say no to the discounted price at Bravo and I like how Bravo has rivets at the bottom of the hoster.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well Bravo Concealment not only had 15% off their products but I found a 10% off code that stacks with that so I was able to order a holster for $41.31 shipped. I really wanted to try KT Mech because they are in the same city and down the street from me but I couldn't say no to the discounted price at Bravo and I like how Bravo has rivets at the bottom of the hoster.
View Quote
I think they have a 30 day return if you don't like it as well.

I remember them being a lot more expensive as well.  I looked them up when I didn't want to wait a month to have one built and there you have it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a Bravo Concealment for my 2.0c last week. Rarely carry owb, but wanted one just in case. Couldn't pass up that price.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#9]
If leather is what you're looking for, check out RussellMade Holsters on Facebook. He doesn't have a website. He is local to me, does unbelievable work, and is a local leo.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
You will really like the Bravo holster.  I have 3 for my Compact and FDE full size 4.25.  One is OWB, one is IWB, and one is OWB with the TLR light option.  If you want it to fit really close try the pancake belt loops.  They are great...!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you know if the rivet spacing on their holsters are standard? Waiting on a shipping notice from Bravo now. I want to use the pancake wings but I have a set of Raven concealment wings now and didn't want to spend 16 more dollars on something I didn't need if these would work.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do you know if the rivet spacing on their holsters are standard? Waiting on a shipping notice from Bravo now. I want to use the pancake wings but I have a set of Raven concealment wings now and didn't want to spend 16 more dollars on something I didn't need if these would work.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure that bravo uses the raven wings.  I can check when I get home.  I got a bravo with the additional pancakes a few weeks ago.  I think I remember seeing the raven log on them. PM me to check when I get home if you like.

I stand corrected, they are BC wings and they are 70mm center of hole to center of hole. @twpayne75
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:06:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure that bravo uses the raven wings.  I can check when I get home.  I got a bravo with the additional pancakes a few weeks ago.  I think I remember seeing the raven log on them. PM me to check when I get home if you like.

I stand corrected, they are BC wings and they are 70mm center of hole to center of hole. @twpayne75
View Quote
Thanks man. I'll do some measuring tomorrow and plan accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
KT Mech gunfighter with the $15 lining. I love mine and it took 2 weeks to get not 2 months.
View Quote
Thats what I just got for that same pistol, But without the lining. I paid $17 for faster delivery an it was shipped in two days.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I use JM Custom Kydex OWB 2's.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#16]
1 month update.

Gotta say I didn't love the Bravo concealment holster, the kydex seems pretty thin but really what bugged me most is it didn't fit snug against my body and seemed to be almost floppy regardless of which gun belt I used. I worn it out and about for a couple of weeks and figured it was good enough for the price I paid but after an uncomfortable day of carrying on Halloween I splurged on the pancake belt loops and they made it SO much better.

I don't know if it's because it's what I'm used to but I really prefer to carry IWB, it just holds the gun so much lower but at least I know now.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Can't say I was impressed with the Bravo Concealment owb holster either. With the pancake wings it rides decently. The fit would probably seem better if I wasn't used to really good holsters. The retention is almost nonexistent. It's still not bad for what I paid for it. If owb was something I actually used very much I would order another one, probably from Holsterco.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top