Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2020 8:05:40 PM EDT
Looking for OWB Mag pouches and light pouches for CCW.  For 1.5 or 1.75 belts  for carry predominantly but can also use recommendations for a duty size belt.  

Standard double stack mags and the regular size (G2Z) and Small (Microstream) pouches.

What do you recommend? What works and what doesn't?
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a old molle double pistol pouch.
works real well.  I walk by uniform cop all the time and only once was I asked about the about the mag pouch in over a decade of carrying.
So far no one has noticed the pistol on the opposite side
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Ready Tactical makes a great magazine pouch.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I like leather pancake style pouches, they print less in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ready Tactical makes a great magazine pouch.
View Quote

I started out using the Kytex carrier similar to the Ready Tactical. It kept getting caught on my car seat and spreading the clip open whenever I was getting in the car, even though it was under my shirt. Eventually it would break.

I switched to the Ready Tactical. It seemed more robust and I liked the design of the clip. Even though I was always careful about only spreading the clip open just enough to get it on the belt a hairline crack formed at bend of the clip. I have a piece of gorilla tape on it just to keep it from falling off when it finally breaks.

Both brands don't even last a year. I'm trying to decide whether to keep replacing them or look for something else.

Would be nice if they could somehow put a metal clip on it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 11:13:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer pancake style mag pouches as they lay closer to the body (less printing) and do not have a clip to get caught on anything.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got one of these.  One slot a spare mag, another a flashlight & the 3rd has a can of pepper spray.

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/13PT13-13PT13.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top