Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2020 10:33:43 AM EDT
Anyone know of a OWB holster option for a 5" 1911 with Surefire X300 and RMR?  Bonus points it is compatible with G-Code's RTI mounting system or Safariland QLS.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I think this should fit the bill:
https://www.qvotactical.com/product-p/qvo156.htm

Says it's compatible with G-Code and Safariland mounts and x300 compatible is an option. Don't see why it wouldn't work with an optic.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
KT Mech Akela works with gcode and has tons of options
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Both of those look like pretty solid options,  I’ll check them out further tonight.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KT Mech Akela works with gcode and has tons of options
View Quote
Bingo. KTMech makes great holsters for a huge variety of pistols. Have one for a DW TCP with an X300u.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup. All of my OWB kydex is KT-Mech, they are my go-to
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Check out the Blackhawk Omnivore. I got one to fit a strange duck. 5" 1911 with TacSol 22 conversion with top rib, RDS, bottom rail with light. Nothing else to fit it. Advantage is it will work with any gun you have that uses that light and has a thumb release retention.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Emailed KT at 10PM on a Friday and had a reply in my box by Saturday morning - working with KT at the moment.   He asked for some pictures of the gun & light, said he didn’t think it would be a problem.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Emailed KT at 10PM on a Friday and had a reply in my box by Saturday morning - working with KT at the moment.   He asked for some pictures of the gun & light, said he didn't think it would be a problem.
View Quote
One of the reasons I really like them - they have great customer support and work with you to be certain the holster will fit perfectly.

My TCP has a somewhat unique slide and dust cover profile and it took some back and forth with them to settle on the right holster (M45 CQBP). They shortened the holster to better fit the commander length slide free of charge and added RDS clearance to boot.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Ktmech is a great company to work with.

Pics of your gun?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Please review Odin Holsters.... I do not own one but I have recently been researching for a Bud with a SIG 10mm 1911 with rail and light.... they seem to have it covered in Minute detail with personal options Galore

In OWB or Thigh Carry!!!!

They look real good  .... you just have to wait 6weeks min....

H
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ktmech is a great company to work with.

Pics of your gun?
View Quote
Oh you bet!  The holster from KT shipped this morning - I’ll post some pics hopefully Saturday when it arrives....
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think this should fit the bill:
https://www.qvotactical.com/product-p/qvo156.htm

Says it's compatible with G-Code and Safariland mounts and x300 compatible is an option. Don't see why it wouldn't work with an optic.
View Quote
Ordered from QVO and the holster is top notch. I have a Triarc 2011 with SF X300 and a Nighthawk 1911 with the same light, both fit in the holster perfectly. It locks onto the light not the gun itself. There is also room up top for any optic if you have one. I put the Safariland QLS fork on my and can move it to different rigs/belts.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the help.  KT Mech for the win.  Great experience with these guys - answered my original inquiry on a Saturday and then turned the holster around in 7 days to my door.  9/.45 Kimber KHX.

Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Wish they'd make that gun in a 4" w/ rail. I have the non railed 4" OR PRO, love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top