Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2020 1:44:01 PM EDT
Hello Canik Hive,

Has anyone mounted an OLight PL 2 Mini Valkyrie to their Canik?

Or had a problem trying to do so??

At my usual steel match last night, the light came flying off during recoil!
I thought I had it secured...and re-attached it and it came flying off again. Ugh!
I have tried both the Glock insert and the 1913 insert.
To be honest, the GL insert worked better, but upon closer examination I have come to discover that both inserts, GL and 1913 are too tall to be seated in the slot and allow proper lockdown on the rail. WTF?!

Has anyone encountered this, and if so, how is it remedied?
Your collective sage advise is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#1]
Canik rail notches too shallow?
I'd call olight and see what they say.
I've got one on an M&P and it's solid after adjustments.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I just sent them an email.
I tried via the link on Amazon, and it is the vendor in China - ugh.
Today's email went to the US office with me asking for support from an on-shore source.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I sanded down the insert, even the heads of the Allen bolts to get it to sit into the rail deeper, not 100% but it does lock on much better.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
It's because the Canik rail isn't actually 1913. The lugs aren't deep enough. I asked Canik and they basically said fuck off, I could either file them down myself or send it back on my dime and they'd get to it when they get to it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ColdEngineer:
It's because the Canik rail isn't actually 1913. The lugs aren't deep enough. I asked Canik and they basically said fuck off, I could either file them down myself or send it back on my dime and they'd get to it when they get to it.
View Quote

^This, I tried an Olight and a Streamlight and neither one fit, the rails on my TP9SFx only measure .063" deep and the 1913 lug is right around .099 (all measurements are approximate but pretty close).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top