Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2021 1:51:57 PM EDT
Does anyone know if this nub is supposed to be removed? And I don't mean the plastic pimple, there is a block of material right above that pimple that I don't see that in any pics I see on Google. But it isn't mentioned having to remove it in the P80 instructions or on any video I find.

Thank you!

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if this nub is supposed to be removed?
View Quote
It appears to be a change to the frame design, my compact doesn't have it.

Shouldn't be removed though, it's probably there to interact with the trigger safety in some way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It appears to be a change to the frame design, my compact doesn't have it.

Shouldn't be removed though, it's probably there to interact with the trigger safety in some way.
View Quote

It actually seems to hang up on the trigger safety.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It actually seems to hang up on the trigger safety.
View Quote
Interesting, maybe they added it because some triggers had sloppy safeties and needed more material there.  Wouldn't surprise me with all the aftermarket Glock options now.  

Nothing wrong with filing the spot down a bit then if you have to for your trigger to clear it smoothly.

ETA- Before you go sand it down, make sure you test the trigger with the fully assembled frame AND slide attached.  With no slide/striker for the trigger to bear against, all Glock triggers will have their trigger safety bind on the frame since it naturally wants to be pulled to the rear.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Interesting, maybe they added it because some triggers had sloppy safeties and needed more material there.  Wouldn't surprise me with all the aftermarket Glock options now.  

Nothing wrong with filing the spot down a bit then if you have to for your trigger to clear it smoothly.

ETA- Before you go sand it down, make sure you test the trigger with the fully assembled frame AND slide attached.  With no slide/striker for the trigger to bear against, all Glock triggers will have their trigger safety bind on the frame since it naturally wants to be pulled to the rear.
View Quote

I don't have the guide rod yet; will it still be a reliable mockup showing what I need to see if I put on the slide assy without it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't have the guide rod yet; will it still be a reliable mockup showing what I need to see if I put on the slide assy without it?
View Quote
IMO, you need the guide rod and action spring to be sure.  The trigger spring wants to pull the trigger to the rear.  The striker spring wants to push the trigger forward, and the main action spring helps hold the slide forward and locked-up so that pulling the trigger doesn't just move the slide back with the striker.  You could try it buy holding the slide forward and keeping the action locked up, but I wouldn't make any permanent mods until you get it in 100% operating assembly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the remnants of a vent.  Zero reason not to file it down or remove it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#7]
It looks like part of the injection molding process. Dress it with a file if it bothers you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#8]
i always thought those were over travel stops lol. i would not remove it since i see those in quite a few m&ps. i assume they might add to the structural strength of that trigger housing area?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#9]
The raised square area needs to stay on the frame. That is what the safety shoe interacts with. Removing that square area can result in an unsafe pistol. You really need to have all the parts for a complete build and do all of the safety and function tests.  The smaller round spot can be safely removed, it is just molding flash.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top