Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2018 3:35:12 PM EDT
I have a new colt competition that is supposed to have genuine Novak sights. I pushed the sights out using a universal sight pusher. They were definitely secured well, but came out without issue.

I went to install a set of Trijicon HD sights. The rear sight went in pretty secure and has a set screw. The front sight, however, is extremely loose. It can be pushed in and out with your fingers. I shot 150 rounds and it came out on its own. After looking around, it appears the cut on my colt isn’t a genuine Novak. It looks a lot more like the “c-more” cut in the following pic from Harrison Design.

I tried using some Loctite 680 to secure the trijicon front. I’ve applied it twice and haven’t shot it again. I’m hoping it secures it enough to keep. But, if it keeps coming loose, what kind of front sight do I need to get to fit the front sight cut I have?
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 1:11:03 AM EDT
[#1]
A few places make "rescue" front sights for oversized dovetails.   But generally they tend to just be black sights.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you tap the ends of the dovetail down a little to snug up the dovetail against the top of the sight? Don't get carried away though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
peen the dovetail cut, or if blued  weld and recut.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You can take a small center punch,and raise a dimple,in the bottom of the dovetail also.
Has worked for me before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top