Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2022 11:58:09 PM EDT
I recently acquired one in a trade but know nothing about them.  Serial number is low 11xx.  It has one mag and is missing the star off the handles.  Anyone know the value and where I can get star replacement grips?

Any help would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Value I will guess as $250. Look on Tennessee Gun Parts.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bradleyswine:
Value I will guess as $250. Look on Tennessee Gun Parts.
View Quote

Thanks!  I appreciate the recommendation!
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:17:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzkreig] [#3]
Hi Op,

The 9mm Tokarev's can be fun pistols. I agree with the poster above with regard to price ~$300 is fair if it came with all accessories or if it was a repurposed M20 variant. Based on how inexpensive they were, a lot were not well cared for in the years since they were imported.

Grips on these are interchangeable across different versions/countries but, there are minor cosmetic differences. I'd check ebay to see if you can find some that you like. I think Russian, Polish, Romanian, and Serb sometimes had initials around the stars....CCCP, VIS, etc.

Marschal makes nice new wood grips https://www.marschalgrips.com/index.html
Repro are available but, these looks bad compared to the ones I got for my Sauer 38H and Beretta 948 that were cleanly molded www.vintagegungrips.com

Magazines for the 9mm come in two flavors. IIRC the first Chinese 213's had straight/vertical serrations on the slide and used full width magazines with a spacer welded inside each magazine. Later pistols had angled slide serrations and Norinco pinned a spacer inside the frame at the rear of the mag well. These take a magazine that is shorter fore to aft than the 7.62x25mm variants.

If you can find a Serbian/Zastava recoil spring assembly, they make a nice addition. The used a captive guide rod arrangement that is a direct drop in.

I'd also suggest removing the aftermarket/importer safety. I've seen a lot safeties that flopped around and weren't dependable.  These pistols were never designed to be carried condition 1. They do have a solid half cock notch. Marschal grips can be ordered to cover any unsightly holes. I cut down some scrap steel punches and make plugs for the holes in the frame on my Polish M48.

hth,

blitz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top