Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2020 8:59:24 PM EDT
For those of you who have night sights installed on your PPS M1/M2 what did you choose?

Selection is rather limited.

Tru-Glo: TFX Pro, TFX, Tritium Pro

Ameriglo: none

Trijicon: HD and possibly the old "Bright and Tough" sights

Meprolight: Standard 3-dot sight sets

XS: not interested

Night Fision: Only makes sights for some of the larger Walther pistols
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#1]
TRUGLO TRITIUM PRO Night Sights (White)

I really like them a lot. The big white dot on the front sight really stands out well without being too big. Easy to rack the slide using the rear sight, the way it is shaped. Not pretty but functional as hell.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Too bad Ameriglo doesn't make Hackathorn or Protector series sights for Walthers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I really like them a lot. The big white dot on the front sight really stands out well without being too big. Easy to rack the slide using the rear sight, the way it is shaped. Not pretty but functional as hell.
View Quote
I have these. Nice sights. Very easy to change with sight pusher.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Which sight pusher did you use?

@laxman09
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Which sight pusher did you use?

@laxman09
View Quote
Off eBay. Says sight-tool.com on it

It's very robust.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I do not think I even had to use a sight pusher on mine. Pretty easy to take the old ones off and install the TruGlo.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#7]
The front sight is not a problem. The rear sight install might be a problem. I refuse to use a hammer and punch to drive in a rear sight that has tritium vials. This is 2020.

Anyway I'm buying the pusher tool Laxman mentioned. I've got some other pistols that need sights changed out and I've had my eye on that tool for some time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Tru-Glo Tritium PRO on the PPS M2 I carry, I'm very happy with them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:11:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's very robust.
View Quote
This one?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:13:21 AM EDT
[#10]
A bit off topic. Hopefully OP won't mind. Do you guys know if it's easy to install a red dot sight on this gun?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:06:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's very robust.
This one?
yes
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

yes
View Quote
Thanks. I'll order one too. It was a pain in the arse to install night sights on my G17. I had to file the rear sight because it was not going in, even with lots of force.

Which night sight have you bought, if any? If you did, would you mind sharing where you bought it and how much it was?

I bought my PPS used but it came with the factory 'night sights'. They have zero glow in the dark, even after long exposure to very bright light. The gun is only several years old.  Other than sights issue, I really love this gun. It's amazingly accurate and surprisingly comfortable for my big hands. I added Talon, glue-on grip covers to make it even more comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I have not purchased any sights yet for the PPS M2. As I have several firearms that need night sights I thought I'd buy the universal pusher tool first.

I'll probably go with the Trugo Tritium Pro (white ring front).
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks. I'll order one too. It was a pain in the arse to install night sights on my G17. I had to file the rear sight because it was not going in, even with lots of force.

Which night sight have you bought, if any? If you did, would you mind sharing where you bought it and how much it was?

I bought my PPS used but it came with the factory 'night sights'. They have zero glow in the dark, even after long exposure to very bright light. The gun is only several years old.  Other than sights issue, I really love this gun. It's amazingly accurate and surprisingly comfortable for my big hands. I added Talon, glue-on grip covers to make it even more comfortable.
View Quote
The front site uses a screw like glocks, so very easy.  The rear sight popped out with no problem.  Be aware that there is a pin/spring/something under the rear sight that you do not want to lose in case you want to put the factory sights back.  The rear sight pushed out with minimal effort using the sight pusher I mentioned earlier.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Just placed an order for one of those tools only off eBay (4x4machineshop) for just over $70 ships free.

So I can now deal with replacing sights on Walther and some Smiths.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just placed an order for one of those tools only off eBay (4x4machineshop) for just over $70 ships free.

So I can now deal with replacing sights on Walther and some Smiths.
View Quote
S&W sites are incredibly difficult to remove/replace.  I fucked up the front ameriglo I tried installing on my Compact 2.0 and had to buy a new one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I was at Palmetto State Armory's Columbia store this morning and they had Truglo TFX Pros for the PPS M2 but I had to balk at the price: $124.95 less 10% veterans discount + 9% sales tax = $122.58

For a pistol that cost $260? Uh, NO. And who knows how long they've been sitting on the rack.

Again, the "Tritium Pro" is starting to look good. Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore (Heath, OH). $59.95
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#18]
>>Truglo TFX Pros for the PPS M2<<

I wonder how the POI is with these compared to the stock sights?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#19]
My Tritium Pros shoot to the same point my stock sights did. Put the white dot in the center of the bull and that is where it hits with both 115gr practice ammo and the 124gr defensive ammo I use.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Went to a Night Fission PR event a few years back, and their sights fell apart on me. I stick with Big Dots (I know not interested), or Trijicon
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Ordered a set of Truglo Trititum Pros (white front ring) from SMGA this morning.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#22]
They arrived this morning. Not shipped from TN but drop-shipped from Sports South (Shreveport, LA)

I almost hate to swap out the factory sights. I was at the range this morning shooting slow fire 1" groups at 10 yards and 1.5-2" groups at a faster pace.

This PPS M2 is a tack-driver.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:16:57 PM EDT
[#23]
As I recall, my first 4 shots at 7yd were about a inch. It really is a accurate little pistol.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I got in on the tail end of PSA's blowing them out at $269 with free shipping. $20 SC tax and $10 for the transfer.

Somehow I think we won't see them at that price again.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Just finished the install with no problems.

FRONT SIGHT: The machine screw on the Truglo front is similar to the factory sight in that you use a thin, flat blade gunsmithing screwdriver head to remove the old one and install the new. The front sight was a perfect snap-in fit with no wobble.

REAR SIGHT: wrapped the back half of the slide in 3-4 layers of Frog Tape before locking it in the tool and then looked at it from all angles ten ways from Sunday to ensure that the slide would not get marred. Used a tiny piece of an old plastic gift card as a cushion between the side of the sight and the actual pusher block.

Calipers say they're centered within 0.001"
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 2:45:00 AM EDT
[#26]
bonus bling pic

Link Posted: 3/1/2020 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Range test this morning sights are dead on; rear sight needs no further adjustment. WOOT!
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Range test this morning sights are dead rear sight needs no further adjustment. WOOT!
View Quote
That is what I found when I replaced mine. Originals were centered in the cut. Made sure the new ones were as well. Shooting perfectly with no change in POI. Mine is in the pistol case with a few others ready for my next range trip.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:49:18 AM EDT
[#29]
I will be taking on this same project in about a week.  TFX pros' coming.  Was that sight pusher worth it?  Do you think it will also do Glocks?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#30]
It's been a long time since I posted anything in this thread.

Are you referring to this universal sight pusher?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handgun-Sight-Pusher-Tool-Universal-for-1911-glock-sig-springfield-and-others/162774304090?epid=1254021922&hash=item25e61ac55a

Absolutely worth it and it should do Glock sights just fine.

Definitely a "buy".
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Just remember when changing out Walther rear sights that they need to be pushed out from L to R!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's been a long time since I posted anything in this thread.

Are you referring to this universal sight pusher?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handgun-Sight-Pusher-Tool-Universal-for-1911-glock-sig-springfield-and-others/162774304090?epid=1254021922&hash=item25e61ac55a

Absolutely worth it and it should do Glock sights just fine.

Definitely a "buy".
View Quote

Yes, the universal.  I am going to order it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#33]
L to R as the pistol is pointed downrange?  Assemble from R to L then I assume?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#34]
That is correct on both counts. It's always with the muzzle facing away from you.

It is a given that any dovetailed sight front or rear is removed by pushing it to the right and installation is always to the left.

Factory Walther rear sights have a compression spring that runs horizontal underneath the rear sight. There is a channel on the bottom of the dovetail on which that spring rests and it is larger on the right side of the slide than on the left to allow the spring to be compressed during installation. It goes in one way (R to L) and comes out one way (L to R)

The universal sight pusher is nice in that the actual "pusher" can accommodate rear sights that are straight sided or angled. You can reverse the direction of the pusher for whatever you need. It also works on dovetailed front sights.

The only downside is that the tool is not customized for any one particular firearm so you have to fiddle with it a bit...and you have to use little pieces of cut-up credit cards or business cards to act as shims. Not a huge deal.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That is correct on both counts. It's always with the muzzle facing away from you.

It is a given that any dovetailed sight front or rear is removed by pushing it to the right and installation is always to the left.

Factory Walther rear sights have a compression spring that runs horizontal underneath the rear sight. There is a channel on the bottom of the dovetail on which that spring rests and it is larger on the right side of the slide than on the left to allow the spring to be compressed during installation. It goes in one way (R to L) and comes out one way (L to R)

The universal sight pusher is nice in that the actual "pusher" can accommodate rear sights that are straight sided or angled. You can reverse the direction of the pusher for whatever you need. It also works on dovetailed front sights.

The only downside is that the tool is not customized for any one particular firearm so you have to fiddle with it a bit...and you have to use little pieces of cut-up credit cards or business cards to act as shims. Not a huge deal.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. these are actually great
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also have a set on a G42. Rear sight is ugly AF but they work.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They arrived this morning. Not shipped from TN but drop-shipped from Sports South (Shreveport, LA)

I almost hate to swap out the factory sights. I was at the range this morning shooting slow fire 1" groups at 10 yards and 1.5-2" groups at a faster pace.

This PPS M2 is a tack-driver.
View Quote

Yours look like this?  I can fit a sheet of paper under the front and back of the rear sight.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Also, the front sight screw head from the tfx's was not as wide as the original.  The bottom screw is the original.  Not much meat holding the tfx on.  It was a tight press fit even without the screw though.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:24:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Truglos I installed are Tritium Pro they have no fiber optic
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Finally got to check the tfx pro's today. Only 7 yds, but I'll take it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yours look like this?  I can fit a sheet of paper under the front and back of the rear sight.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126752/IMG_20210212_195519980_jpg-1822498.JPG
View Quote

@j1r11

I have TruGlo TFX Pro sights on several pistols; that sliver of space you describe is GTG. If it weren't the sight would scratch the hell out of the top of the slide during installation/removal. All sights that are wide than the dovetail are (or should be) designed that way.

Front sight screw on mine is also the same. I have had no issues with it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@j1r11

I have TruGlo TFX Pro sights on several pistols and yet, that sliver of space you describe is GTG. If it weren't the sight would scratch the hell out of the top of the slide during installation/removal.

Front sight screw on mine is also the same. I have had no issues with it.
View Quote

Good point on scratching the slide, i did not think of that.  That's good to know that you have not had any issues with that screw.  Thanks for the heads up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top