Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2019 12:12:57 AM EDT
Here is link to my previous thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/UPDATE-And-new-plan-of-action-Aftermarket-triggers-for-the-PT111-G2-/26-190549/

Here are the results from my install of the "Keeptinkering.com" aftermarket trigger.
I went with slightly curved SA/DA model for $30.
Pull weight before was rock solid consistent at 6 lbs. After install it was 5.75 lbs consistently, at ten measurements in a row consistent. +1
Trigger break point was all the way back on original. With new trigger it is about 1/4-3/8ths of an inch farther forward. +2
No glock style blade safety in trigger face. +3
Wide smooth trigger face is a lot more comfortable and seems to "feel" easier to pull. +4

There is a very small detent ball and spring that YOU WILL LOSE IF YOU DON'T WATCH THE VIDEO FIRST. Do this in/over a shirt box or something similar. -1
The disassembly of the gun is very similar to the Glock, but it DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE which direction you remove/install the 3 pins. -2
While you're in there, go ahead and install the Lakeline LLC stainless steel striker guide, and their stainless recoil spring assembly. I did these two items awhile back and its worth it if for no other reason than steel vs plastic in re gun parts.

My pistol has been a shooter from day one. I just wanted to see if I could sweeten up the trigger a little bit. This trigger met my wants and needs at a cheap price. The only thing I wish I had the wherewithal to make is steel spring cap for the takedown lever. The plastic one likely will never wear out, but again I'd just like to have one.

Tl;Dr: "Keep tinkering" aftermarket trigger for my PT111 G2 is a significant improvement. Get you some.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Late to the party but I'm considering getting a G2C for a truck gun. All these years of telling folks that "friends don't let friends get Taurus" is going to bite me in the butt. I'm considering the trigger upgrade, looks legit.

Link Posted: 11/17/2019 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
@coyster

They are surprisingly solid guns for the money. Saw them online a day or so ago for $175 ish with a mail in rebate. They are good guns out of the box. Mine's been 100% well past 1k rounds fired.  As I mentioned in a couple of posts, I have made some mods to my gun mostly because I wanted to, not that they were really needed. Go to the Taurus thread and look for my posts. I really like not having the trigger safety, they bug the shit out of me. And I got a reduction in pull with the new trigger. The stainless spring/guide rod and stainless striker sleeve  were done for added longevity of the gun. The fiber optic sights REALLY IMPROVE the utility of the gun.

When you get right down to it, even with my mods I'm still only $315 into the gun. Super buy imho.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good. The G2C/Taurus gets a bad wrap but mine is a solid performer. It functions perfectly and has a great feel. It is a great pistol all around in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I ordered a G2C from PSA. I'll run it through the paces to test the reliability of this particular gun. If it checks out, I'll order the stainless striker sleeve, spare mags and maybe some night sights.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
@coyster

TBH I really prefer/suggest the Fiber Optic sights from LakeLine LLC. $40 and they really pop even in low light situations. Additionally the stainless recoil spring assembly from them is $26 WELL SPENT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top