Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2018 7:46:39 PM EDT
Picked this beauty up for $280 today. Thought it was a fair price. Had a tapered MK1 that I let go years ago. Cant wait to get it to the range.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Thinking about trying my hand at a Metal Madness Match with it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a great price for a stainless MKII in today's market!
Should be a good shooter.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
very nice price!
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Went to the range at lunch. Man its sweet. Shot a little bit right with it past 50 feet. Pretty dead on at 21ft. Not going to move the sights until Ive got more experience with it. They have a  little "league" type weekly shoot. Shot a 160 out of 170. Meh.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
The Mk II is regarded my many Ruger semi-auto fans as being the peak in the evolution of the Standard, MK I, MK II, MK III, and MK IV.  The Mk II has every thing you need and nothing you don't.

I have  a Mk I 678 Target and a Mk II 512 target (shown above and below my 6" S&W 617).

Link Posted: 9/14/2018 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice. I think Im hooked now. I see this multiplying
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. I think Im hooked now. I see this multiplying
View Quote
I made the same mistake last week. I can see another one or three in the future.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Mk II is regarded my many Ruger semi-auto fans as being the peak in the evolution of the Standard, MK I, MK II, MK III, and MK IV.  The Mk II has every thing you need and nothing you don't. *snip*
View Quote
I concur with this statement. The Mk.II was built off the success of the "Standard" and Mk.1 models and added useful features like "last-round-bolt-hold-open" and was offered in a wide range of barrel lengths, weights, grip profiles, finishes and materials. It was truly the best iteration (NOT that the Standard or Mk.1 were bad).

I could never warm up to the Mk.III with it's magazine safety, engraved legal disclaimers, loaded chamber indicator and on board disabling locking system.  I am also not found of the relocated mag release. I prefer the heel-type release on the Ruger Mk-series frame but I know I am in the minority on that one.

The Mk.IV is just an abortion made for people who can't tie their own shoe laces. In the process, Ruger ruined the graceful sleek lines of the Mk-series with that God awful "hinge" that gives the pistol the look of a Dr. Frankenstein creation.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#9]

You done good!
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I concur with this statement. The Mk.II was built off the success of the "Standard" and Mk.1 models and added useful features like "last-round-bolt-hold-open" and was offered in a wide range of barrel lengths, weights, grip profiles, finishes and materials. It was truly the best iteration (NOT that the Standard or Mk.1 were bad).

I could never warm up to the Mk.III with it's magazine safety, engraved legal disclaimers, loaded chamber indicator and on board disabling locking system.  I am also not found of the relocated mag release. I prefer the heel-type release on the Ruger Mk-series frame but I know I am in the minority on that one.

The Mk.IV is just an abortion made for people who can't tie their own shoe laces. In the process, Ruger ruined the graceful sleek lines of the Mk-series with that God awful "hinge" that gives the pistol the look of a Dr. Frankenstein creation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Mk II is regarded my many Ruger semi-auto fans as being the peak in the evolution of the Standard, MK I, MK II, MK III, and MK IV.  The Mk II has every thing you need and nothing you don't. *snip*

Meh. The MkIV gets rid of the LCI and the internal safety lock, so it's a step in the right direction. The hinge doesn't bother me, but I never had any difficulty with the MkII disassembly. Once you understand how the parts work, it goes together easily.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
We will have to agree to disagree on this.  Bought my wife a MkIII and it's at least the equal of my MkII Govt Target, if not better.  And yes, the mag release still confounds me at times.  It's weird to switch between the two, and feels as though it's either a Ruger, or it ain't , but I'll live with the idiosyncrasy for now.  I am really interested in the MkIV with the easy open receiver.  Of course, that might make for a problem, being Ruger .22 pistol number 5... or 6.  I don't remember, LOL!
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Now you need the "Ultimate mag loader". You'll shoot twice as much which is good and bad

Congrats on the score
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Now you need the "Ultimate mag loader". You'll shoot twice as much which is good and bad

Congrats on the score
View Quote
Ill have to check that out.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Picked this beauty up for $280 today. Thought it was a fair price. Had a tapered MK1 that I let go years ago. Cant wait to get it to the range.
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1845/30794945498_f7cee71d11_c.jpg ,
View Quote
Sweet pistol, congrats on a great buy.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Mk II is regarded my many Ruger semi-auto fans as being the peak in the evolution of the Standard, MK I, MK II, MK III, and MK IV.  The Mk II has every thing you need and nothing you don't.

I have  a Mk I 678 Target and a Mk II 512 target (shown above and below my 6" S&W 617).

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h470/SDBB57/Rimfires/IMG_9588_zpsdmcomwsn.jpg
View Quote
Ain't that the truth. Mark II's are where it's at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top