Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2019 11:29:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AV1611]
Won a Gunbroker auction for a cherry condition stainless K9 manufactured Feb 2003. Comes with factory box, manual, cards and 2 factory mags. I won the auction for $380.  It's my first K9. Am really excited. I've wanted one for years. There was one bid at $370. I put in my bid of $380 last Sunday. No action at all until the auction ended Thursday afternoon. Can't believe no one else bid on it.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:26:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dfariswheel] [#1]
You got a real steal.

Since you don't know how many rounds have been through it, I recommend ordering a new factory weight recoil spring from Kahr.
Don't install any extra-power springs, that almost always makes trouble.  These are designed to use a very specific spring weight.

They seem to love running with a little grease on the frame and slide rails and the outside of the barrel and recoil spring.

No work on the trigger is needed, it's perfect as-is.  If you've shot a DA revolver much, there's not much transition to the Kahr.  It was designed to feel like a S&W revolver trigger.

Pay attention to the info on the 200 round break in period, and pay strict attention to the details of loading from slide lock-back.
These tiny guns have strong springs and not a lot of slide to grip, so people routinely try to "sling shot" the slide to load and it jams.
They invariably blame the gun.
This is simply a different manual of arms for the Kahr pistols.

These are almost always 100% reliable guns and if you have problems, either shoot it more, or try a different brand/type of ammo.

One Kahr quirk.... magazines tend to shed rounds if carried in a pocket or in some magazine carriers.
Shop around for a magazine carrier on the Kahr site, or look for one of the plastic single mag pocket cases or one of the slip-on plastic covers.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top