Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2018 8:20:48 PM EDT
Recently got back on the Beretta wagon after a short hiatus. I don't know, Glock just lost it's appeal to me though I'll still admit they are great guns in their own right just got off the Glock fanboy kick and realize their are other great guns out there.

Started out a few months ago trading a Glock 23 Gen 3 for a M9, which seller didn't tell me was a M9 because he thought it was a 92FS. Ran away from that deal as soon as the bill of sale was signed cause I didn't want him backing out.

Then traded my CZ P07 for a Beretta 92FS Compact, which I felt I got the better end of that deal but both parties walked away happy.

Thought my itch had been scratched, but for some reason wanted a Beretta 92S. I had one last year but traded it for my Spanish Civil War M91/30 which I thought was a great deal. Been meaning to pick one back up just keep buying other things.

Decided I'd go into a LGS I knew to have multiple offerings of the 92S, Sovereign Guns in Fuquay-Varina, NC. Granted I feel they are high on alot of new guns, they do carry alot of surplus weapons which is my main attraction to going there. As I'm walking in, see signs that state they are going out of business but no date of closure as of yet. Walk inside, find out the owner decided he was done and as soon as he could get inventory down he was locking the doors. To help with that, all guns with certain exceptions we're 20% off.

Immediately went to the back where they kept all the surplus handguns, browsed over a few CZ83s, Star BMs, and some S&W Model 10s until I got to the case of Beretta 92S. Almost all were posted $300+, which I refuse to pay cause I'm cheap. While browsing through them, I notice a lone 92D in the same case. I've always wanted to own of those, since I first shoot one of a friend's back in college. Briefly owned a 96D but stupidly traded if.

Asked to see the guns, everything checked out on it. Girl behind the counter said it had been there for awhile, they had tried selling it on GunBroker but no one meet their reserve price. Kept looking back between the 92S and 92D, couldn't do the typical Arfcom fashion and buy both so went with the 92D.

I was able to get it $340 OTD, the girl who was helping me swore they had the box for it but was unable to find it along with a magazine for it. They offered me a promag which I rejected, so they knocked the price down a little more and kicked in a nice handgun case they had laying around.

Already have a spare set of Wilson Combat grips currently residing on my M9, but I want it to resemble my carry gun in Afghanistan minus the G kit. Plus have a 14lb WC hammer spring.  Just need to get a steep WC guide rod, heavier recoil spring, and a TCU and this one will be ready to serve as my truck gun.

The sights work but are very dim, need to find out how to mail the slide into Trijicon for them to be redone.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't see a problem.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thinking of buying one of the Sportsmans Guide trade in myself and they will cost that much and not be as nice....
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thinking of buying one of the Sportsmans Guide trade in myself and they will cost that much and not be as nice....
View Quote
@Will

That was my original plan as well, but I'm weird and would like to look at the gun before I buy it. I was almost ready to pull the trigger when I went to Sovereign Guns gunbroker page and found out they had some 92Ds. Normally if they have them listed online, they'll have them in the store. Went and looked, that's when I found this one.

Just today I mailed the slide off to Trijicon to have the sights relamped. Should hopefully only take two weeks, I'll advise when I get it back.

In the meantime, the frame is being completely disassembled for a good thorough cleaning as well as all new springs. I'm planning on installing an extended magazine release on these one and taking the steel one and placing it in my M9.

This one is going to be my fun gun/truck gun once all is said and done
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Great!

Lemme know what that front sight relamp runs please.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Great!

Lemme know what that front sight relamp runs please.
View Quote
@Will

From what I've been told on other forums, it runs around $60 for both. I may eventually replace the rear out with a Wilson Combat cause I've got to where I prefer a blacked out rear sight
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@Will

From what I've been told on other forums, it runs around $60 for both. I may eventually replace the rear out with a Wilson Combat cause I've got to where I prefer a blacked out rear sight
View Quote
Yup, I too like the single front dot.....
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Slide went off to Trijicon today, should be there on Friday. Was installing the G-kit in my M9 today as well as a Wolf TCU, Wolf slide release spring, Wolf trigger bar spring, and NSN marked grips. Want it to resemble my M9 I carried downrange, minus the G-kit which I'm a huge fan of now.

Went ahead and completely disassembled the 92D frame, gave it a thorough cleaning. It was very dusty, which makes me think it was somewhere out West. Dust reminded me of Afghanistan in a way. Listened to my deployment soundtrack, cleaned my pistol, and remembered some good times.

Have all new springs to go back into it, even though ones in it work fine I'm a big believer in a used gun to change springs out as soon as I get it especially if it is over 10 years old. Production date for the 92D was 2002

Trijicon says it will be roughly two weeks before I get it back.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Recently got back on the Beretta wagon after a short hiatus. I don't know, Glock just lost it's appeal to me though I'll still admit they are great guns in their own right just got off the Glock fanboy kick and realize their are other great guns out there.

Started out a few months ago trading a Glock 23 Gen 3 for a M9, which seller didn't tell me was a M9 because he thought it was a 92FS. Ran away from that deal as soon as the bill of sale was signed cause I didn't want him backing out.

Then traded my CZ P07 for a Beretta 92FS Compact, which I felt I got the better end of that deal but both parties walked away happy.

Thought my itch had been scratched, but for some reason wanted a Beretta 92S. I had one last year but traded it for my Spanish Civil War M91/30 which I thought was a great deal. Been meaning to pick one back up just keep buying other things.

Decided I'd go into a LGS I knew to have multiple offerings of the 92S, Sovereign Guns in Fuquay-Varina, NC. Granted I feel they are high on alot of new guns, they do carry alot of surplus weapons which is my main attraction to going there. As I'm walking in, see signs that state they are going out of business but no date of closure as of yet. Walk inside, find out the owner decided he was done and as soon as he could get inventory down he was locking the doors. To help with that, all guns with certain exceptions we're 20% off.

Immediately went to the back where they kept all the surplus handguns, browsed over a few CZ83s, Star BMs, and some S&W Model 10s until I got to the case of Beretta 92S. Almost all were posted $300+, which I refuse to pay cause I'm cheap. While browsing through them, I notice a lone 92D in the same case. I've always wanted to own of those, since I first shoot one of a friend's back in college. Briefly owned a 96D but stupidly traded if.

Asked to see the guns, everything checked out on it. Girl behind the counter said it had been there for awhile, they had tried selling it on GunBroker but no one meet their reserve price. Kept looking back between the 92S and 92D, couldn't do the typical Arfcom fashion and buy both so went with the 92D.

I was able to get it $340 OTD, the girl who was helping me swore they had the box for it but was unable to find it along with a magazine for it. They offered me a promag which I rejected, so they knocked the price down a little more and kicked in a nice handgun case they had laying around.

Already have a spare set of Wilson Combat grips currently residing on my M9, but I want it to resemble my carry gun in Afghanistan minus the G kit. Plus have a 14lb WC hammer spring.  Just need to get a steep WC guide rod, heavier recoil spring, and a TCU and this one will be ready to serve as my truck gun.

The sights work but are very dim, need to find out how to mail the slide into Trijicon for them to be redone.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394510/IMG_20181006_200226-696052.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394510/IMG_20181006_200208-696053.JPG
View Quote
Right there with you. Haven't had my M9A1 a week and already committed to another - a Border Marshal

Once funds recover a bit, I'll look to pick up a Compact.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Right there with you. Haven't had my M9A1 a week and already committed to another - a Border Marshal

Once funds recover a bit, I'll look to pick up a Compact.
View Quote
Yeah, they are addictive things. I've gotten three in less than three months.

In that time frame I've also completely replaced all the frame springs for my 92F, installed a WC TCU, and put new grips on it.

Thankfully my M9 is done having completed it's transformation into a resemblance to the one I carried for 9 months minus it's extensive wear.

I just finished ordering stuff from WC today, should get everything next week so I can rebuild the frame and get everything ready for once the slide arrives back
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Had time to work on the 92D, so thought I'd post an update.

Slide has been received by Trijicon, got the confirmation email from them earlier this week. Just waiting my turn for it to be repaired and an email telling me when I can expect it back.

In the meantime, sent my barrel into WAL from berettaforum.net to be cut flush with the slide and give it the Elite II crown.

Got all my goodies from Wilson Combat in, so got my frame put back together. The gun already came with a steel trigger and magazine release, but stole steel magazine release for my M9. Will eventually replace it with an oversized magazine release from Beretta or Wilson Combat.

So far I've got the following installed
-Wilson Combat Dirty Olive thin grips
-Wilson Combat 14lb hammer spring
-Beretta trigger spring (new). Will probably eventually replace with an INS spring
-Wolff replacement trigger bar spring
-Wolff replacement slide release spring

I'm waiting for the slide and barrel to come back respectfully so I can install the following
-Wilson Combat fluted guide rod
-Wilson Combat Extra Power 14lb recoil spring
-Wilson Combat Chrome silicon firing pin spring
-Wilson Combat Chrome Silicon extra power extractor spring

Still need to order
-new Beretta locking block. Believe the one in it now is fine but if everything else is getting rebuilt might as well
-Beretta or Wilson Combat extended/oversize magazine release

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Got an email from Trijicon today telling me to give them a call and attached invoice on how much lamp replacement would be. $57 shipped back to me

Called them up, spoke to a very pleasant lady named Kris, processed my payment, and told me it would probably be another week before I got my slide back.

Sent the slide in and they received it on 12 October, 12 days for them to get to it, and roughly a week to get back. Not bad in my opinion.

I'll post pictures once I get it back. Hopefully my barrel gets back the same time from being cut/recrowned to have an Elite II look. If not, have a spare USGI M9 barrel that I can use until it does
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got an email from Trijicon today telling me to give them a call and attached invoice on how much lamp replacement would be. $57 shipped back to me

Called them up, spoke to a very pleasant lady named Kris, processed my payment, and told me it would probably be another week before I got my slide back.

Sent the slide in and they received it on 12 October, 12 days for them to get to it, and roughly a week to get back. Not bad in my opinion.

I'll post pictures once I get it back. Hopefully my barrel gets back the same time from being cut/recrowned to have an Elite II look. If not, have a spare USGI M9 barrel that I can use until it does
View Quote
That's pretty dang reasonable.

I'm sending my M9A1's barrel to WAL to have an EII crown too.  I guess I really am following in your trail.

I love the flush look of the 4.7 barrels.  I slapped this together while I wait to put together my "perfect" build. I had originally intended on eventually selling the pistol , having purchased it for some parts that were on it, but I find I like it too much.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's pretty dang reasonable.

I'm sending my M9A1's barrel to WAL to have an EII crown too.  I guess I really am following in your trail.

I love the flush look of the 4.7 barrels.  I slapped this together while I wait to put together my "perfect" build. I had originally intended on eventually selling the pistol , having purchased it for some parts that were on it, but I find I like it too much.
https://i.postimg.cc/KvFsyCZS/flushberetta.jpg
View Quote
@ Hunterex

Yeah, I've gotten to where I really like the aesthetics of a 4.7" barrel. Just looks right on the Beretta.

Just got an email notification from Trijicon that my slide will be mailed soon. Would be nice to get back by this weekend

Haven't heard from WAL yet on when to expect the barrel back, but considering that was an unplanned upgrade I don't mind waiting especially after seeing some of the other work he's done.

The more I shoot my Berettas the more I am preferring them to other guns I own. Though my 1911s are gaining ground
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:54:33 PM EDT
[#14]
@crazysarge16

Do you remember who you talked to at Trijicon to have your slide relamped?  I just spoke to Kevin on the 24th and he said that they were no longer relamping the fixed front sights due to the possibility of breaking a vial and slides no longer being available from Beretta.  He tried to pass me off to Tooltech but I'm not paying 300 to have the front sight milled off and have a dove tail milled in for different sights.

Thanks,
Bill
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:32:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@crazysarge16

Do you remember who you talked to at Trijicon to have your slide relamped?  I just spoke to Kevin on the 24th and he said that they were no longer relamping the fixed front sights due to the possibility of breaking a vial and slides no longer being available from Beretta.  He tried to pass me off to Tooltech but I'm not paying 300 to have the front sight milled off and have a dove tail milled in for different sights.

Thanks,
Bill
View Quote
@fordrngr

I never talked to anyone on the phone prior to sending my slide in to be relamped. I filled out the RMA request, waited for it to be processed, then sent it in. The only time I ever talked to anyone in the phone was when i called them to pay for the repair.

Believe the woman I spoke to then said her name was Kris.

They never mentioned anything being of issue when I sent it in. I should be receiving the slide back today
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@fordrngr

I never talked to anyone on the phone prior to sending my slide in to be relamped. I filled out the RMA request, waited for it to be processed, then sent it in. The only time I ever talked to anyone in the phone was when i called them to pay for the repair.

Believe the woman I spoke to then said her name was Kris.

They never mentioned anything being of issue when I sent it in. I should be receiving the slide back today
View Quote
@crazysarge16

Thank you.  I just sent an RMA request today.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I should have been posting pictures of my pistol all put back together but UPS didn't feel like leaving my package after I signed the first notice telling them it was okay to leave it since Trijicon required signature.

Left a note and their sheet both signed, delivery driver didn't even look at it just walked up, knocked (have a doorbell with camera), and left the note and left

To say I'm pissed is understatement considering I have a range day planned tomorrow and wanted to run my 92D ragged
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@crazysarge16

Thank you.  I just sent an RMA request today.
View Quote
@fordrngr

Total time from date I shipped it until it was shipped back was roughly three weeks.

I'll post pictures if freaking UPS ever delivers my package
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top