Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 7:37:55 PM EDT
I like to try new things.

I recently, by accident, ran into this company.

I was researching comps for my P320 and came upon this comp via an old reddit post, where someone was asking about threadless comps.

Upon looking into the company and the barrel/comp setup, I was intrigued.

MAC Defense is the name of the company.

I ran a Mayhem Syndicate MK2 comp on my Zev G19, and decided I wanted to try the MAC Defense barrel/comp.

I ordered on a Saturday (Jan 9th). It shipped on Jan 11th. Due to USPS being slow I got it today.

Comms for the company via email seem sparse. They communicate better via Instagram. I asked if they were in stock on Instagram and got a reply within an hour.

I never got a reply to my email asking the same.

Now for the barrel and comp. It's a proprietary setup. Due to that, using the "Stubby" comp (single port) makes a 19 the same size as a G17.

It basically uses a "keyed" barrel with no threads, and just after the first port, it has a recess for a spring steel clip to hold everything in place.

You have two choices for the comp - (both are a solid steel comp, coated in black nitride)

You can get the Stubby, which is a single port comp and is the same length as the Mayhem Syndicate MK2 comp (makes a 19 the length of a 17) or you can get the Half Chub, which is a 3-port comp, and makes it slightly shorter than a KKM comp.

The Stubby is what I decided to go with, as I prefer the smaller comps. I plan on ordering the Half Chub when they have them available separately.

Presentation is nice. You get a case that contains the barrel, comp, the retaining clip, and a tool for install/removal.

It also has cutouts for other comps they sell/will sell.

Install is simple - install barrel, slide comp on, push spring clip into place. Done. Tolerances are *TIGHT*. You'll need to oil up the barrel prior to installing the comp.

Removal is done by pushing the provided tool thru the bottom of the comp and and it pushes the clip off the barrel.

I don't live in a ban state- however, people who live in ban states *should* be able to get around the arbitrary laws concerning threaded barrels with these.

I have no rounds thru it yet, but based on the very little feedback I *have* read (mainly on Instagram), results are positive.

The company seems small and just starting out. I definitely like where their head is at in terms of this barrel and comp setup and it being threadless to accommodate ban states, however the threadless design also enables them to have as short of a comp as possible, that should physically, not be able to lose its timing or come off.

Just a cool thing I figured I'd share. It will especially help the guys in ban states who prefer to err on the side of caution.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Some judge will claim "anything permitting the attachment of anything to something else" is now a "thread".

But, I like it.  Any chance to FUAC or FU any firearms restriction is a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that's damn nice right there !
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some judge will claim "anything permitting the attachment of anything to something else" is now a "thread".

But, I like it.  Any chance to FUAC or FU any firearms restriction is a good thing.
View Quote

Depending on the state laws, it would be legal as long as it's not threaded. These are CA legal but I'm not sure about NY, etc.

The comp doesn't reduce muzzle flash, it increases it, so they can't go that route.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
CT legal
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#5]
That’s pretty ingenious. Looks slick too. I like how low profile it is.

Wonder how it compares to similar size comp like the Griffen armament
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That’s pretty ingenious. Looks slick too. I like how low profile it is.

Wonder how it compares to similar size comp like the Griffen armament
View Quote

Should work better since it's got an actual blast chamber. I'm excited to buy the 3-port separately so I can compare.

Right now they only sell the company with barrels but as soon as they catch up you will be able to buy the comps separately.

I'm happy with the single port since it fits in my G17 Safariland 6395RDS and my other G17 holsters.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I like it!

Gives those in "Ban" states the ability to create something similar to the Roland Special.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I caved.

I had Will do his RMR cut on a G48.  Top notch work. But you’re right, email comms aren’t the best way to get in touch.

Either way, his work is as solid as it gets and I can’t wait for this comp.  I’m tired of other designs that don’t allow for quick removal etc.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Shot with the MAC Defense comp today.

It shoots great, and I had no malfunctions with the gun.

I will say that using Winchester 124gr 9mm NATO, I was getting some pretty gnarly fireballs from the port on the comp.

I also shot 115gr Federal ball and the fireballs were much less frequent and smaller.

The comp works great and I'm definitely a fan of how easy it installs and uninstalls.

Worth the money if you want something different like I did, or live in a state where threaded barrels are verboten.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top