Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2021 4:34:22 PM EDT
Just picked this up on Tuesday. I should have a chance to shoot it this weekend. It came with two, 20 round mags and I ordered two more of those. The pistol feels really good and the quality seems to be very high with this gun. The barrel to slide fit is the best I've ever seen in a polymer framed pistol. So far I'm really impressed. Hopefully it shoots as well as it feels.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the new pistol. It will no doubt shoot as well as you think. The XD/XDm line of pistols are reliable, accurate as any other competitor such as Glock, M&P etc.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a good stash of 9mm, but I hate going into it. I was lucky to score 200 rds of steel case 115 FMJ from Academy this morning for $50 so that and a box of CCI brass will go through it this weekend. I'll post a range report afterwards.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!!  I love mine, its quickly becoming my favorite pistol!
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.

How long have these been out?  

Looks like some nice upgrades over the XD-M.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I ran the two hundred steel cases rounds through it today. It shot 4-5 inches to the left at 21 yards. I didn't have anything on me to drift the site, but I think it will be a non issue. My groups were okay, five inches or so but that is me and not the gun. The trigger was really good, better than any of my Glocks. I will get that site drifted and hopefully test it again Monday. No more Glocks for me. This is a better mousetrap
and it looks good IMHO.

Forgot to ad, zero jams. If I have one complaint it's that the mags are hard to load. I've never had any issues loading mags of any type before, but these are very hard. Not a deal breaker by any measure.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Forgot to ad, zero jams. If I have one complaint it's that the mags are hard to load. I've never had any issues loading mags of any type before, but these are very hard. Not a deal breaker by any measure.
View Quote

All of my XDs mags have been a bit hard to load the first few times (well, except my XDS, but 5 rounds of .45 isn't much). Give a few cycles of loading/unloading and they'll ease up a bit, especially the last 2 to 3 rounds.

Congrats on the new piece, I took my new to me 4" Mod. 2 out for the first time yesterday after picking it up used a few weeks back. Shot great like all my XDs have, no issues hitting a center of mass plate at 15 yards with at a relatively quick pace.

I was on the fence about going the Elite route vs. a used Mod. 2, but got too good of a deal on a like new Mod. 2 to pass up. Came with 5 mags, a PRP trigger and a decent IWB holster for $500.

Word is the next Elite series caliber to be released is 10MM, followed by .45 later this year.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
But wait....

Does it have the GRIP ZONE?

looks good OP, might have to look at those, have several XDM's already
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
You need this for loading mags, buy a few they are cheap enough. Once you've used one you will never go back to loading a mag without. Makes shooting 500 rounds a session easy.

Mag Loader
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Getting one soon but I’m going to get the OSP version for a red dot. I have a 9mm XDM compact and love it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I ran the two hundred steel cases rounds through it today. It shot 4-5 inches to the left at 21 yards. I didn't have anything on me to drift the site, but I think it will be a non issue. My groups were okay, five inches or so but that is me and not the gun. The trigger was really good, better than any of my Glocks. I will get that site drifted and hopefully test it again Monday. No more Glocks for me. This is a better mousetrap
and it looks good IMHO.

View Quote

@twistedcomrade

Always seem to shoot my XD's to the left.  Has to do with finger placement IMO.   I have to adjust and use a different part of my finger than I would with my Glock and Caniks.   To me the XD's long pull takes a little getting use to.  The new Elites are shorter than the normal model, but still is different than a Glock or Canik
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@twistedcomrade

Always seem to shoot my XD's to the left.  Has to do with finger placement IMO.   I have to adjust and use a different part of my finger than I would with my Glock and Caniks.   To me the XD's long pull takes a little getting use to.  The new Elites are shorter than the normal model, but still is different than a Glock or Canik
View Quote
So I got my site tool out and was able to move my rear site over to the right slightly. It was a pain to move, but then I took it back out to my property. The freaking thing is spot on now and I may shoot this pistol better than any other pistol I own. This is definitely my bad guy go bump in the night beside the bed gun now.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice.

How long have these been out?  
View Quote

I saw them last fall at least.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I found some 9mm last week so I was able to run another fifty rounds through this gun with some new 22 round mags.  No jams and the accuracy was unchanged. That's 300 rounds through it so it is definitely a keeper.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:The freaking thing is spot on now and I may shoot this pistol better than any other pistol I own. This is definitely my bad guy go bump in the night beside the bed gun now.
View Quote

So good to hear this! I just picked up an Elite OSP yesterday. Had every intention of getting an M&P 2.0 optics ready pistol. LGS guy pointed the Elite to me... hadn't even looked into them. I've had plenty of various Springy's in the past. This is one fantastic gun for the $$$.

I'm with you brother, this is going to be the nightstand queen for me. I put a Streamlight TLR-1 HL on it today. Got the Trijicon plate (freebie) ordered last night, along with 2 more mags.

It's freak'n HUGE! but who gives a rat's ass. I'm not trying to CCW this thing.

Hopefully mine will run flawless, as I'm sure it will. All the Tubers I've watched today says it's one of the most accurate striker fire guns right out of the box. Hope so.

Rock on,
Mack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top