Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2021 7:55:18 AM EDT
I have been a Glock guy and also have a SW 2.0 L/E package Shield with fact night sights , wanted another just to try out and the new GX4 caught my eye picked one up Fri night with a tu tone slide , put a front night sight on it and had sum open top leather holster rigs for the Shield and it fits right in seems like a good gun for the money looks like a upgrade from the G3 , I know a few guys with the G2 guns and they shoot the crap out of them hardly ever clean and have no problems ! I looked and looked at the Sig 365 and I know they sell them all but seemed to have a lot of bugs from the get go , I just pass on them all the time look but don`t jump . I will give this GX 4 a work out .
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I run maybe 60 rds of diff ammo today , no problems but u do have to do your part with a small gun like that of a Hell Cat . my Glock 48 mos gun shoots like a full size
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I ran some more 9 of various types today no problems yet picked up two more mags on line , seems like a well made gun for 349 price , I `ll give it a try .
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen them for $300 locally. Thought hard about it, but passed because buying one would mean buying a bunch of mags and a holster. $300 quickly becomes $500.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, lot of sheeple will scoff on great reports of this, and defend bad reports of P365s, but it is what it is
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw alot of good reports on it and a good many bad on the sig 365 which I like and looked and looked but passed . My shield holster rigs mostly leather open top fit this G 4 like they are made for it . I`am not a Taurus guy but wanted to try this new one I think they have a good product and it will sell .
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#6]
They are interesting. I was a skeptic of Taurus for years...finally got a G3 and was completely impressed with what you get for the price. I like the P365 as well...but as was stated...too many issues from the beginning. The G4 may find a new home in the future.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked one up from PSA for $300 for the sole purpose of being a car gun.  I typically like to have at least 4 mags for each pistol but in this case I am sticking with the two 2 that were included.  The only extra money I have spent is $20 for two +2 mag extensions, $30 for the Ameriglo front sight, and $20 for a holster from Amazon just to make sure the trigger is covered in my center console.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 11:59:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fisterkev] [#8]
I recently picked up one from PSA for $300, seems like a good deal as long as it runs OK. Put about 250 or so rounds including a few different types of HPs through it, no malfunctions so far.

Only issue so far has been the front sight coming loose on the first range trip. Seems to be an issue with these from my research, they don't loctite the front sight, and the screws they use are shit. I didn't really care since I put an Ameriglo on there and properly secured it, but it's annoying and something to be aware of.

Mine is shooting a bit left, but that might just be me, as I'm not used to this gun yet. Accuracy is good enough for defensive work, though. Might drift the rear sight a bit if I can't correct it. It's definitely different from shooting larger guns, I'm not used to a 9mm this small.

The wife is looking to start carrying, might get another one for her. This is definitely easier to carry than what I'm used to.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By max2330:
They are interesting. I was a skeptic of Taurus for years...finally got a G3 and was completely impressed with what you get for the price. I like the P365 as well...but as was stated...too many issues from the beginning. The G4 may find a new home in the future.
View Quote

They’re a great value for a range toy, but I’d never trust my life with one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Great gun for the price , mine has been flawless , no problems these are a lower price point than a Hell Cat and run just fine , added a fact front night site and ex mags seems good to go , the price around here is around 350 sum a bucks less . I like this thing .
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#11]
How does it carry compared to a Glock 48?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top