Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2022 12:48:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe it's just the angle but the third photo down looks like it could be a 2011 style double stack?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe it's just the angle but the third photo down looks like it could be a 2011 style double stack?
View Quote

I'm thinking the same.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Very interesting. Definitely a 2011. If it's in a SA video, I would think it's something they are bringing to market.

It has SA rollmarks, but I can't make out what the frame says.  Doesn't look like the slide from any of their offerings.

ETA:  sure looks like the receiver could be SA marked.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That's absolutely a double stack
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
nice find. Looks like a 2011
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#6]
My same response from the 1911forum thread....  

That would be frickin' AWESOME!!!!  Maybe Springfield actually read the SA Wishlist thread over on 1911forum where half the replies were asking for a 2011... ....  Where do I get in line for one?!?!?

Edited to add:  Please don't give it a dumb name like Garrison or Range Officer and emblazen it across the slide...  in fact how bout no name at all - leave the slide BLANK with just the classic Springfield Armory & the crossed cannons logo on the one side.

If Springfield did read the Wishlist thread - PLEASE release a Custom Shop'd EMP Pro next!!!!  

Link Posted: 7/7/2022 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I'm seeing.

Makes sense, gotta have a 2011 offering now to be competitive.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's what I'm seeing.

Interesting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I'm seeing.

Interesting.

They had a double stack in the past. Can’t remember whose frame they used.

Might be a one off like a lot of the top shooters have done but hopefully they’re bringing something cool to the market.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#9]

From Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/Cge3TVjLMb6/?hl=en-
Agency Arms and Red Beard Gunworks collaboration with Tu Lam of Ronin Tactics. "Base 2011 pistol... to be disclosed soon."

Not a Staccato, very likely new Springfield 2011 model in the catalog soon.

https://trademark.trademarkia.com/model-2022-90366488.html

Abandoned trademark "Model 2022," however, potential trademark "1911 DS" Perhaps DS as in double stack.
??https://trademark.trademarkia.com/1911-ds-90368790.html

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]
If Springfield was to bring a double stack to the market, with good quality control and pricing inline with their production 1911’s, they will sell big time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If Springfield was to bring a double stack to the market, with good quality control and pricing inline with their production 1911’s, they will sell big time.
View Quote

I always wonder what happened to their last one. They could have been miles ahead at this point.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I always wonder what happened to their last one. They could have been miles ahead at this point.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129950/Springfield_double_stack_jpg-2473581.JPG
View Quote

Did they not run? Only available in 45?

And they’ve only gotten more popular as time has gone by. But yes, Springfield could be way ahead. I think they can still pull off a large market share.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not sure what they're doing with the grip frame in this one (plastic or metal).   The former could really drive the price down and make Staccato sweat.
View Quote
If they could release a Stacatto-ish gun at a TRP level quality/fit and price point, I think they would make a killing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they could release a Stacatto-ish gun at a TRP level quality/fit and price point, I think they would make a killing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure what they're doing with the grip frame in this one (plastic or metal).   The former could really drive the price down and make Staccato sweat.

I'd try one. Just don't have $2k+ for a stacatto right now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's a new TRP Operator or the equivalent going for now? It would have to be at least a little more than that so $2k might be where they started anyway.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:05:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What's a new TRP Operator or the equivalent going for now? It would have to be at least a little more than that so $2k might be where they started anyway.
View Quote
I kind of just threw the TRP out there, but I thought around $1600.  I'm not a 2011 guy, but assumed using a polymer grip module would either be the same or cheaper than machining the TRPs 20lpi forged frame.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Very interesting. Definitely a 2011. If it's in a SA video, I would think it's something they are bringing to market.

It has SA rollmarks, but I can't make out what the frame says.  Doesn't look like the slide from any of their offerings.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/361327/DFD941B4-EC95-4FD6-89C6-81CA50CBDC13_png-2444589.JPG
View Quote
Frame is marked, "GENESEO, IL USA" and serial NMK00209.

If they can sell a decent base gun that doesn't cost a mint they'll make bank.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I kind of just threw the TRP out there, but I thought around $1600.  I'm not a 2011 guy, but assumed using a polymer grip module would either be the same or cheaper than machining the TRPs 20lpi forged frame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You still have to machine the frame that interfaces with the grip so I doubt it ends up saving much but I’m  just guessing and have no real basis for that. I’d be fine if they skipped the TRP checkering I never liked it because of how aggressive it is.

What I think would be interesting is if they did Similar to Wilson and built the whole thing around a dedicated proven 9mm mag. With them already doing the XDM that seems like a good place to start. 19-20 round flush fit mag and you can do a 140mm mag with a good base pad or just leave it to the aftermarket.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You still have to machine the frame that interfaces with the grip so I doubt it ends up saving much but I'm  just guessing and have no real basis for that. I'd be fine if they skipped the TRP checkering I never liked it because of how aggressive it is.

What I think would be interesting is if they did Similar to Wilson and built the whole thing around a dedicated proven 9mm mag. With them already doing the XDM that seems like a good place to start. 19-20 round flush fit mag and you can do a 140mm mag with a good base pad or just leave it to the aftermarket.
View Quote
Yeah, I really have no idea either.  I would just think they would keep it well below Staccato prices unless this is going to be something higher end out of SACS.

The mag thing would be cool if they could get it to work.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You still have to machine the frame that interfaces with the grip so I doubt it ends up saving much but I’m  just guessing and have no real basis for that. I’d be fine if they skipped the TRP checkering I never liked it because of how aggressive it is.

View Quote

It only makes sense to use the XDM mags, if they do it I'll be a buyer.

Staccato mag cost are a reason I don't have one, I get 8-10 mags per gun and thats $$$ for a range queen.

$40 vs $70 is easier to swallow for the market.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#22]
A big advantage with dedicated existing 9mm mags is you can make the grip a bit smaller. The size is one complaint I do hear about 2011 pistols. I love them but they feel fat for a lot of shooters.

Quoted:
Yeah, I really have no idea either.  I would just think they would keep it well below Staccato prices unless this is going to be something higher end out of SACS.

The mag thing would be cool if they could get it to work.
View Quote

My point is there isn’t much room to be a lot cheaper when the Staccato starts at $2k. I think they could compete directly with their name and history.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A big advantage with dedicated existing 9mm mags is you can make the grip a bit smaller. The size is one complaint I do hear about 2011 pistols. I love them but they feel fat for a lot of shooters.

My point is there isn’t much room to be a lot cheaper when the Staccato starts at $2k. I think they could compete directly with their name and history.
View Quote

I'd bet $1899 msrp, release price of $2.5k, street price of $1500-1600.

Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be pretty cool only $200 more than the msrp on the current TRP.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That would be pretty cool only $200 more than the msrp on the current TRP.
View Quote

I’m a buyer in the 1500-1800 range. Assuming mags are affordable.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
That would be the sweat spot if it's optics ready.  What does an optics ready Stacatto P go for, $2400?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:38:58 AM EDT
[#28]
The spare mags on the belt look double stacked. Blasphemy. Single stacks rule.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:58:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rule what? Specific competitions with limited capacity? States with bad gun laws?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:01:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Rule what? Specific competitions with limited capacity? States with bad gun laws?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The One Mag to rule them all.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:34:49 AM EDT
[#31]
It was stated somewhere that it will work with STI mags.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 2:14:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It was stated somewhere that it will work with STI mags.
View Quote

Interesting. I have a pile of those.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/361327/DFD941B4-EC95-4FD6-89C6-81CA50CBDC13_png-2444589.JPG
View Quote

Holy Shit!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also single stacks just fit better in thehand for most folks.

I would still by a sa 2011 if affordable
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People overthink comfort in that regard. I've known numerous children that successfully use STI 2011's many were pre teens with smaller hands than the vast majority of adults. I can get onboard talking width for CCW pieces but outside of that I really think it's one of those things that people have convinced themselves is super important with no real data to back that up.

That being said now you've got things like the Wilson SFX guns which are thin double stacks. I think I saw a measurement where it was a hair thinner than a standard 1911 with generic wood grips. That's what I would like to see someone like Springfield copy as you can build a really cool family of guns with it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

People overthink comfort in that regard. I've known numerous children that successfully use STI 2011's many were pre teens with smaller hands than the vast majority of adults. I can get onboard talking width for CCW pieces but outside of that I really think it's one of those things that people have convinced themselves is super important with no real data to back that up.

That being said now you've got things like the Wilson SFX guns which are thin double stacks. I think I saw a measurement where it was a hair thinner than a standard 1911 with generic wood grips. That's what I would like to see someone like Springfield copy as you can build a really cool family of guns with it.
View Quote

I dont have the most experience with doublestack 1911s. I had a buddy that had a para in 40cal years ago and i found it a bit awkward to shoot especially with the grip safety. Just my anecdotal impression. Gun shot fine for me just felt akward, and wasn't as nice feeling to shoot as my singlestack 1911s.

More recently i spent a few odd end of the day range sessions shooting other club members 2011s when i was out to shoot steel challenge last year. Again the guns gave me the impression of awkwardness that caused me to lean more toward single stacks as far as 1911s go, and CZs for competition.

But i would surmise that its something that you get used to. As opossed to the aforementioned platforms that feel made for the end of my arm even when 1st time picking one up.

I would still buy one if affordable because fuck it its a neat gun and i like SA 1911s generally.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's literally the only reason people care about this and why this thread was started.

There are hundreds if not thousands of single stack 1911s out there right now for you to buy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#38]
OOOO baby, this makes me excited. I like stcatto, I think they are a great gun. I also recently held a doublestack nighthawk and was inlove. In my opinion it felt perfect in the hand. I would lvoe to see a 2011 at the $1500 mark with affordable mags.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looks like $1499-$1699 depending on options based on a post in another forum.  One dealer even had them up on their site but took them down quickly.

SA Prodigy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top