BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/21/2022 7:24:58 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Link to youtube teaser short, embed doesn't work

21 rounds!

Official announcement of the P322 should be tomorrow, on 03/22.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It never fails.... I just bought a new Ruger SR22, and this comes out.    Eh, nothing says I can't own another .22 pistol!
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Just as ugly as the P365!
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's hope it works better than the SIG Mosquito!
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish they’d just make a conversion kit for the P320. I’d spend money on that but not interested if I have to go through an FFL, I’ve got enough dedicated 22lr pistols.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish they’d just make a conversion kit for the P320. I’d spend money on that but not interested if I have to go through an FFL, I’ve got enough dedicated 22lr pistols.
View Quote

Yeah it'd be pretty nice if a P320 owner could just mail-order a complete frame and slide kit and drop in their FCU.

Or even a P365 FCU even though I don't own a P365.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]
AND it comes with the wonderful Sig Support you have come to know and love..........for the next 87days, then we move on.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The first review that I read on it bragged about how it was reliable with SK Match, Norma Tac 22, and Lapua Center. Like, I would hope so. But if it’s a KelTec .22 and doesn’t run 100% with Remington Golden Bullet then it’s a piece of junk. I didn’t watch the TFB video(s) on the P322 yet but I’ll be interested to see how it runs with “bulk” or more readily available and inexpensive ammunition compared to the first review that I read.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm surprised they put such a "meh" trigger on it after basically building the most awesome .22lr pistol so far from the ground up.  The take up is long and spongy as is the reset.  Apparently the break is nice and crisp but everything else about the pull is just ok at best.  That just wraps my head up like a pretzel.  I got a pretzel in my head!

Seriously though, why go through all that to build such a great new gun and then just half ass the trigger?  I'm withholding compete judgement until I try one but from what I've seen in reviews the gun is fantastic and the trigger is just ok.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like it eats all the various flavors of 22LR....cept CCI Quiets (but with and w/o a can):
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/sigs-new-p322-rimfire-fully-tested-w-18-different-types-of-ammo-review/
SIG's P322 Rimfire Pistol - Fully Tested with 18 Different Types of Ammo
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 4:10:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I just bought one so I can practice with a pistol red dot before moving to one on my EDC gun. Only 2 boxes of TAC-22 and 1 box of Aguila SV so far but no malfunctions. Only shot suppressed. I've shot many 1000s of rounds through a TX22. The Taurus feels better in the hand. I think the Taurus has the better trigger. I like the fixed barrel of the Sig. Sig has better sights, bigger magazines, just feels like a higher quality gun. But until McFadden makes an adapter for the Sig magazine, the Taurus is going to be shot more. I can load all ten of my mags about as quickly as the two Sig mags. Unless the Taurus breaks again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone find and try the 25 round mags yet?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone find and try the 25 round mags yet?
View Quote

I have not been able to find one yet. Still questioning myself if 5 more rounds is worth 10 more dollars.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#15]
How big is the P322?  Say compared to a P365?  I haven’t seen one in person yet.  Is it Good for small hands? I want to pick one up to teach my boys to shoot with
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Trigger pull is very long and very very spongy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How big is the P322?  Say compared to a P365?  I haven’t seen one in person yet.  Is it Good for small hands? I want to pick one up to teach my boys to shoot with
View Quote

It's bigger than a P365. Trigger reach us a bit longer as well. I don't know if I'd go as far as saying it was good for small hands, but compared to my TX22's, I'd say it would prob be a bit better for smaller hands than those.

Took the P322 and TX22 competition out for the first time. All guns ran all ammo I brought, including the Rem subsonic.

P322
-2 failures to fire from the P322 that were 100% ammo issues. Strong firing pin hits.
-1 nose dive on the first round being fed from a mag.
- I like the trigger. Definite wall, then clean break on mine. Not as nice as the single action 502 trigger though.
-Prob my favorite 22. Think I like these a bit better than the TX22.

TX22 Comp
-A handful of failures to extract that I had to use a screwdriver to remove. Extractor wouldn't grab them. Seemed to go away after a while.
-Had some odd slide lock backs with Stinger rounds. Also, seemed to go away.

Regular TX22
-No issues. This is well used and broken in though. Didn't shoot it as much as the two new guns above.

FN502
-1 Failure to feed the top round of the mag
-Slide is sluggish but it does run. I did put an Apex guide rod in it though.
-I continually expect this thing to have issues but it does run so far.
-Nicest trigger of all but it is single action only.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Just checked GB.  Going rate is $600 plus $60 for mags.

Nope.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:43:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just checked GB.  Going rate is $600 plus $60 for mags.

Nope.
View Quote

Look around. I paid the standard $399 at Dunham's two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I picked one up yesterday at my local shop for $450 out the door. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet but here's my first impressions while unboxing and fondling it last night.

1. It's bigger than I thought it would be. I was expecting something like a P365XL but instead it's closer to a P320. My main driver for buying this was for my 9 year old to shoot and while I still think he'll be able to its bigger than I expected

2. 2- round mags and replaceable triggers is a nice added bonus. The flat trigger is more to my liking but I like the option to swap to a curved trigger for my son. I also like the 20 round mags so that I won't have reload as much

3. The trigger feels great! Very impressive for a polymer 22LR

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I might pick one up from the Sig Pro Shop. I have a coupon from taking a class there.
When I was there a few weeks ago they had plenty of mags on the shelf for $30.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I might pick one up from the Sig Pro Shop. I have a coupon from taking a class there.
When I was there a few weeks ago they had plenty of mags on the shelf for $30.
View Quote

That's sweet you're that close to the pro shop! That would be very, very dangerous for me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#23]

I like it so far. Fits nicely with the red dot and suppressor. Nicely balanced with a full mag.

Little bit light in the hand when empty.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#24]
I finally got to take mine home yesterday.  Thanks to my commie state’s mandatory wait time to do a background check which in this case was exactly 14 days.

Not really impressed with the trigger from dry firing.  It’s ok but my Taurus TX22 Competition’s trigger is a lot better.  Hoping to shoot it sometime this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's sweet you're that close to the pro shop! That would be very, very dangerous for me.
View Quote

It is nice but honestly most Sig products don’t do it for me or are at a price point it would be a rare purchase.

The biggest benefit of having them is the Sig Sauer Academy is great. Every class I’ve taken has been top notch and they have a lot to offer. I’m pretty lucky to have some of the best training in the Northeast within a few hours between Sig (20 minutes away), Ridgeline Training and smaller but I’ve heard good things is Ken Allen Training who uses my club to teach.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#26]
I picked one up yesterday.  Sweet little gun.  I put a few rounds of some old junk ammo through it and had frequent failures to feed.  Later today I'll feed it some better quality stuff and see how it does.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I've about 600 rounds through mine. No failures to feed. Armscor SV mostly. Pretty bottom tier ammo. I have had a few instances of magazines not being loaded correctly. Make sure that isn't the problem.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've about 600 rounds through mine. No failures to feed. Armscor SV mostly. Pretty bottom tier ammo. I have had a few instances of magazines not being loaded correctly. Make sure that isn't the problem.
View Quote

Thanks.  I'm pretty careful when loading the mags.

I put a couple of hundred rounds through it today using Fed BYOB 36gr HP and Aguila Super Extra 40gr solids.  It ran 100% with both.

I'm happy with it and it's a lot of fun.  Even thinking about a red dot optic for it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I put the newish Romeo 0 Elite on mine, because Sig. It's also one of the cheaper micro red dots. I like it OK, but I wouldn't buy again. Having only one brightness button, instead of separate up and down buttons is very inconvenient. Seems to be well made plenty bright etc. The gun really is improved by the addition in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I was thinking of waiting a year, or 2 before buying one so Sig could get all the bugs out, but I was at my local gun club last week and a guy showed up with one and MADE me shoot it. I’m usually a trigger snob, and usually don’t like any over 2#, but I liked it enough that I may not be able to wait.
It’s a little larger than the 365XL, but a little smaller than the 320
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Look around. I paid the standard $399 at Dunham's two weeks ago.
View Quote

Huh. I will call Dunham's, maybe they're on the shelf
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:52:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I took mine out today for the first time. Fired about 200 rounds (mix of CCI standard and Federal bulk) with zero hiccups. Mags are easy to load correctly, the trigger breaks cleanly, and it's accurate.

Waited as long as I could for my 407k to get delivered. Of course it showed up like 15 mins after I got home. I'll take it back out tomorrow to sight it in and see how it does suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm a sucker for decent rimfires and this looks pretty good.

How would a Vortex viper 3 moa work on top of this?
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

The 322 uses the RMSc footprint (Romeo Zero, Holoson 407/507K, etc.).

EGW makes as adapter plate and I'm sure others have/will follow. Briefly considered it because I have a spare FastFire3 but I went with a Holosun 407K instead.

Link to plate
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

EGW makes as adapter plate and I'm sure others have/will follow. Briefly considered it because I have a spare FastFire3 but I went with a Holosun 407K instead.

Link to plate
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link to plate

OK, thanks for that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought a P322 just to try out, it was okay.  Was in that I no longer have it.  The idea of the gun is good, the trigger is pretty good for a rimfire polymer gun and it was reasonably accurate, first few rounds of Federal auto match at 7yds were touching. Tried it with a few different kinds of cheap ammo, ate them up although point of impact did shift.  It seems like with a can on the gun the accuracy went south, maybe it was the ammo, who knows.  Felt good in the hand and seems decently made.

It does offer a lot of features for the price, but a few reasons why I didn't keep it.  I kept getting a good amount of blow back while shooting it, didnt matter which ammo but at times I felt like my face was getting pelted with tiny particles.   I dont like the rear sight adjustment, no clicking, just gliding up and down and windage requires a tiny screw to adjust, pain in the ass if you ask me.  The 20rd mags, while a big selling point, I saw as more of a novelty.  It held 20rds but number 19 and 20 where stiff and I found myself rarely loading more than 10rds in one.  

Lastly, while it offers a lot of features, thats great if you intend to use them but I don't see myself putting a red dot on it, keeping a light attached to it with the suppressor on ready to rock.  If that's you, great, but I dont really need a high cap .22 tactical handgun, for me that doesnt fill a role for anything.  I like my Ruger MkIV better in every way but I will say I think the P322 is better than the G44 at least in some ways (more features and better trigger).
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Really goes to show different strokes... I've told my brother to come get my Ruger MK1. It's no fun at all compared to my TX22 and P322. If we all liked the same thing there would only be one gun made. That would be boring.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Really goes to show different strokes... I've told my brother to come get my Ruger MK1. It's no fun at all compared to my TX22 and P322. If we all liked the same thing there would only be one gun made. That would be boring.
View Quote

Funny I just thought of the same thing.  My early 80's MKII with a 5" bull barrel, that scored quite a few snowshoe hares, has been retired to the back of the safe, and the newer MKIII is sort of the 'meh' grade now that I've been playing with the Keltec CP33
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I just happened to be online today when I received the PSA back in stock notification for the P322. Jumped on it - and got it. Hopefully it gets transferred and background checked prior to my July 1 high capacity magazine ban being enacted.

Magazines???  Anyone know where in stock??? Anyone? Any where??
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I just happened to be online today when I received the PSA back in stock notification for the P322. Jumped on it - and got it. Hopefully it gets transferred and background checked prior to my July 1 high capacity magazine ban being enacted.

Magazines???  Anyone know where in stock??? Anyone? Any where??
View Quote

Just got six mags - 20 rounders

https://www.sigsauer.com/p322-22lr-20rd-magazine.html
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I want the 25 round mags.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I want the 25 round mags.
View Quote

Me too!  Unobtainable. and only approx. 23 days left to find some.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#43]
I would settle for the 20 rounders. Hard to accept $10 more for 5 extra rounds. $30 is too much for a plastic magazine. TX22 mags are much more reasonable, but I've bought the P322. Taurus charges the same for the different capacity magazines.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 12:59:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Me too!  Unobtainable. and only approx. 23 days left to find some.
View Quote

Or just get creative.  No way I would comply with that bs, especially given Washington's pro-criminal shift.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Do these come with threaded barrels? All the stock photos I cannot see any threads past the muzzle? thanks
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Do these come with threaded barrels? All the stock photos I cannot see any threads past the muzzle? thanks
View Quote

It's threaded under the slide, which is fairly common on these types of .22 pistols, and comes with an extended 1/2x28 adapter for attaching a suppressor:

Link Posted: 6/13/2022 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's threaded under the slide, which is fairly common on these types of .22 pistols, and comes with an extended 1/2x28 adapter for attaching a suppressor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUeC20A0TQg
View Quote

Thank you!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Bought my P322 from Proven Outfitters a couple of weeks ago and managed to put about 240 rounds through it today (40 rds of CCI AR stuff and 200 CCI standard velocity). Yesterday, I disassembled it, cleaned and lubed it up with CherryBalmz Rimfire Remedy. Only other .22 pistol I have to compare it with has been my uber reliable M&P22 Compact. This pistol is bigger physically and I'd put it size wise as somewhere between an M18 and a P365XL.

Had around 5-6 FTF issues that I attribute to improperly loaded magazines. Loading these magazines can be tricky, if you apply even a bit too much pressure the rounds will nosedive and tapping the mag to get the rounds to seat correctly doesn't always work causing you to have to unload and reload again. The mag capacity is indeed 20 rounds, but it's difficult to load the last two rounds even with the included magazine loader tool. While I like the flared magwell, in practice attempting to strip the magazine to fix failures from there becomes incredibly difficult even with my admittedly small fingers.

Some wear marks circled in red:

The slide release mechanism is also incredibly sensitive. The act of simply inserting a loaded magazine on an open slide sometimes caused it to go into battery. I'm not a big fan of this feature especially if using this pistol to train new shooters as this could be a safety hazard.

On the plus sides, the trigger is decent and the barrel was to me significantly more accurate than on my M&P22. I was punching out holes at 7 yards pretty easily and it was fun blasting 18-20 rounds at a time. I plan on mounting a Sig Romeo Elite this week and will see if anything changes on my next range trip.

Link Posted: 7/3/2022 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just as ugly as the P365!
View Quote
much uglier IMO the P365 looks great. still kinda want one. I just wish companies would come out with full size replicas for people to train with. this wont fit a P320 holster just like my new S&W M&P 3.6" 22 wont fit my 4" M&P holster. wtf.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Can you dry fire this one (is it striker fired like the TX22)?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top