Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2020 8:48:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw that over on Brian Enos. They're saying June to euro dealers.

I'm guessing "made in Germany" means it's going to be a few hundred bucks more than a Legion X5
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Remove the safety and I'll buy it now!
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I just want the grip frame.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Same. Slide sounds like it has basically the same features as the X5 Legion slide, just executed a little differently.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Remove the safety and I'll buy it now!
View Quote
Yep, don't need no stinking external safety. Seriously, that's what a holster is.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 4:28:45 AM EDT
[#7]
@Coregon get in here sir! We have questions!

Stateside availability? Compatible with standard FCU? Grip modules sold separately? Please tell me there’s still a picatinny rail, I don’t see any rail slots on that dustcover...
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 5:35:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Personally I think it is ugly. But that is probably just me. I would love to see Sig do more stuff like this and sell all the different parts individually.

Quoted:

Yep, don't need no stinking external safety. Seriously, that's what a holster is.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:21:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Legacy sports international is the importer for German Sig stuff these days so maybe they will bring it in. I am not certain the German authorities let SIG USA bring stuff in after the legal trouble they had.

I would assume that this will run at least twice the price of a legion.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Stateside availability? Compatible with standard FCU? Grip modules sold separately? Please tell me there’s still a picatinny rail, I don’t see any rail slots on that dustcover...
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HA that’s all I was looking for, you sly bastard It’s real and details are coming
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#12]
That gun has Phil written all over it!
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. I have a 320 FCG.  That is what is cool about the 320 family. You can have any style grip you want.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah I am going to need one of those...
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#15]
So it’s a Legion without a rail, with a safety, with a different slide and with grip inlays?
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So it’s a Legion without a rail, with a safety, with a different slide and with grip inlays?
View Quote
No, the big takeaway is it’s an X-Five with a machined aluminum grip module. Everything else is superfluous.

I do hope though they didn’t ditch the pic rail slots as the graphic admittedly appears to show. That would be about the dumbest thing they could’ve done following the best decision they’ve ever made (metal grip module)
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, the big takeaway is it’s an X-Five with a machined aluminum grip module. Everything else is superfluous.

I do hope though they didn’t ditch the pic rail slots as the graphic admittedly appears to show. That would be about the dumbest thing they could’ve done following the best decision they’ve ever made (metal grip module)
View Quote
Eh I'd prefer it not to have rail slots. It's an IPSC gun, clearly.

Knowing Sig they will release this version first and then make a "tactical" version with pic rail 6 months later.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 12:23:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Knowing Sig they will release this version first and then make a "tactical" version with pic rail 6 months later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Shadow 2 and Q5 SF both have accessory rails and they’re clearly intended to be competition pistols - Not to mention that just because something might be intended for competition doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be capable in other roles, for obvious reasons
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Gotta remember, this is a German product intended for the German competition market. This isn't a SIG US product intended for our market.

In Germany, no one uses rails because weapon mounting lights and lasers are highly restricted. So for the most part, the competition guns omit rails and focus on esthetics. Look at the majority of the X5s and X6 guns.
View Quote
True. We will be getting some very close cousin of this (if not the exact same thing) though, I'm sure.

I get why people like pic rails, they're just ugly and useless if you're using the gun for most gaming competitions. I think IDPA allows frame mounted lasers now in CO though, if that's your jam. If the frame is machined it's easy enough to offer a tactical and a sport version and make even more money -- just fewer machining ops on the "sport" version lol. Sell it by saying the extra weight up front helps reduce muzzle climb, like those XWF 2011 frames Cheely is making now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#21]
@Coregon - With IWA being postponed due to Coronavirus fears, any word on how that will effect release of more information on this pistol? Anything you’re at liberty to discuss?
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@Coregon - With IWA being postponed due to Coronavirus fears, any word on how that will effect release of more information on this pistol? Anything you’re at liberty to discuss?
View Quote
I don't have any insight into how SIG Germany does anything - or how IWA's postponement affects their "release".

I would just add, the German factories have never made a P320 before.  This is their first endeavor, so take that for what it is.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't even want to guess what that will cost. Wonder what the weight is compared to the tungsten plastic grip gun.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By thormx538:
Saw that over on Brian Enos. They're saying June to euro dealers.

I'm guessing "made in Germany" means it's going to be a few hundred bucks more than a Legion X5
View Quote

I’m guessing it is made to compete with the all steel Walther and will be a grand or more than the X5 Legion. The other all steel X guns run well over 2K.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:36:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
I don't even want to guess what that will cost. Wonder what the weight is compared to the tungsten plastic grip gun.
View Quote

The grip module being aluminum will bet lighter that the tungsten infused grip. It will be a bit more than the regular plastic grips.

As far as light rails, if Sig makes the grip in the U.S. I bet it will have rails for lights on it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:46:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:

The grip module being aluminum will bet lighter that the tungsten infused grip. It will be a bit more than the regular plastic grips. 

As far as light rails, if Sig makes the grip in the U.S. I bet it will have rails for lights on it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonofKalifornia:
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
I don't even want to guess what that will cost. Wonder what the weight is compared to the tungsten plastic grip gun.

The grip module being aluminum will bet lighter that the tungsten infused grip. It will be a bit more than the regular plastic grips. 

As far as light rails, if Sig makes the grip in the U.S. I bet it will have rails for lights on it.

It also said it had tungsten weights in it so maybe they will be close in weight. If the platform stays around long enough I’m sure we’ll eventually see a steel grip for it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Its not that bad, priced at $1699.00 us
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

HK rails
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Is Sig closing their German operations going to affect this?

@coregon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top