Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2022 11:21:00 PM EDT
I'm new to revolvers but excited about going shooting and bought several snap caps from Amazon 357 Mag Snap Caps to practice before I shoot very expensive live ammo.

I have two other revolvers, a S&W 686 L-Comp and a S&W 340 PD and I don't have this problem so I'm curious if this is an actual issue or just a snap cap issue.

If you see in the photos, assuming that the round in the chamber of the 6 shot revolver is #1 then going clockwise, #5 round falls back and out of the chamber.  

Is this a normal issue or just an issue with snap caps?  Anyone have any first hand knowledge?

https://i.imgur.com/J2mY5Sdl.jpg

Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that's normal for Snap Caps - to be a tiny bit undersized, so they slide out of the cylinder easily when you want to dump them..
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have blue .357 and orange .38 A-Zoom snap caps, and they do the same thing in my revolvers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for all the feedback folks.  Helps a Revolver Newbie feel better that there is nothing wrong.  I still haven't taken the time to get them to the range yet.  I've updated the grips to some of the Hogue 19200 that are for the Magnum 500 guns.  Easy to install and they really fill out the purchase of the gun.  I just double checked the 686 and she does it as well on the 5th cylinder assuming #1 is in the chamber and you count clockwise on this 7 shooter.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Been shooting revolvers for 40+ years. Never used a snap cap for dry fire. Never broke anything. No need for them from my experience.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top