Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2021 3:01:36 PM EDT
https://www.springfield-armory.com/intel/press-releases/springfield-armory-releases-ronin-emp/

I want a 3"
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks nice
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

This is reason enough for me:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Its purdy! Looks like a good shooter, too.

NEW Springfield 1911 Ronin EMP 9mm - TheFirearmGuy
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, an affordable EMP! This looks like a nice gun and is the first bull-barrel/full length guide rod 1911 that I would actually consider buying. Probably would pick one up if I didn't have my primary carry and secondary carry setup.

Between their USA made metal frame guns and the HS Produkt poly-guns that they import I really like what Springfield and HS are doing these days!

What a great pair of companies!
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Whats the difference between the Ronin and the 3"9mm EMP?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:19:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I got the new type EMP and its been flawless , carry in a open top leather holster rig , , grabed a few ex mags for it also .
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I came here to ask about this thing.  Someone buy one and do a range report ASAP so I can have my wife pissed off at me for buying yet another gun.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Picked up the EMP Ronin 4" last week, wandered in here to see if anyone was discussing them or maybe decent leather for them they've found and voila! I really really like mine. First shot with home cast and powder coated 124 gr hand load was not only in the ten ring it cut the bullseye at about 35'. Alas the rest of the mag blew that group! But it is accurate! Five or six of our experienced shooters were easily able to produce bragging groups or one hole groups repeatedly. The sights were dead on straight from the box and it ran flawlessly.  My only gripe was it only came with one magazine and the only ones to be had are from Springfield. (Three should be here tomorrow.) Any thing I can answer I will, but be warned, I'm just an old fart who has too many guns and likes to shoot them a lot now I'm retired.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Thought I'd do a follow up on my new Ronin. Alas disaster struck this past Thursday while shooting our local match. Suddenly no front sight! Fortunately the RO saw it come off and amazingly where it went. You could just slide it in and out of the dovetail with no effort!? Don't know how it stayed on long as it did. Trying a little green loctite before I resort to contacting Springfield in the hope it holds. I'll be shooting it a couple times this next week and I'll report back
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thought I'd do a follow up on my new Ronin. Alas disaster struck this past Thursday while shooting our local match. Suddenly no front sight! Fortunately the RO saw it come off and amazingly where it went. You could just slide it in and out of the dovetail with no effort!? Don't know how it stayed on long as it did. Trying a little green loctite before I resort to contacting Springfield in the hope it holds. I'll be shooting it a couple times this next week and I'll report back
View Quote

Try making a couple centerpunch marks on the bottom of the sight.  Will probably hold your sight the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Had it been the rear sight I would have done so. However there wasn't much material to the front sight and my klutz self would have probably destroyed it. So far the loctite seems to be pretty solid. Will be shooting it tomorrow and we'll see.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#15]
AFAIK, the Ronin comes with a carbon slide, 1 magazine and different sights. Seems like the regular EMP comes with SS slide, 3 magazines and three dot for about $300 more.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Last follow up unless something changes drastically. Front site is staying put so far. Pistol runs like a champ. Everyone who tries it has loved it. The smaller grip circumference is a winner as is the factory trigger. Ran it clean. Ran it dirty. A lot. Ran it in the rain. Other than the slightly tight chamber not liking a very occasional Glock fired reload that didn't size down enough it eats everything.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Might have added a few bucks, but they should have checkered that front strap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top