Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2020 8:33:08 PM EDT
I recently purchased a new production 92D. It has a 92X frame but without the metal trigger and extended magazine release of the regular 92X.

I’ve put rounded back strap grips from a 92X on it because I don’t like the flat back strap of the Vertec. It has an Ameriglo front night sight and a Wilson rear sight.

I’ve always been a fan of the D series. I’m wondering if this was a police contract over run?  It is Tennessee marked so it probably isn’t a result of leftover parts. Anyone else seen these around or know additional details?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen those on Gunbroker for a little while.  They seem to start low in the 300's and then almost always end up over 500.  I've thought about them as the Beretta D trigger was one of the best DAO ones out there.  No idea where they came from or how they came to be in the wild.  Sorry I missed out on the Border Patrol 96D's when they were 200 each.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
That would be perfect with no rail. Glad they are selling some d models
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 1:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
My understanding is that these guns were fully intentional on Beretta's part, due to apparently vocal demand for the D with the all the modern upgrades of the X.

I've a Cent 92D, and I'm happy to see these guns on the market. A word to the wise, a D can be converted to SAO.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want one, grab it now. These won't be regular production.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Lots of talk on some pistol-oriented forums about these, looks like some early ones may have had some canted front dovetails/sights...a bunch of people like DAO guns, especially ones with good triggers like the Beretta. Not my cup of tea but YMMV. A lot of the hardcore DAO guys who picked one of these up liked them enough to buy a second.

If you think you want one, pick it up now...lord only knows when they'll do another run (IF they do another run)
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 3:47:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked one up to do a frame safety conversion.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 4:43:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My understanding is that these guns were fully intentional on Beretta's part, due to apparently vocal demand for the D with the all the modern upgrades of the X.

I've a Cent 92D, and I'm happy to see these guns on the market. A word to the wise, a D can be converted to SAO.
View Quote

This is why I will be picking one of these up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Where are these available?
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where are these available?
View Quote

Mine came from Buds Gun Shop but they are out of stock there now. I’ve also seen them on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Palmetto just sent out an email with them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Palmetto just sent out an email with them.
View Quote

This one?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/beretta-92d-9mm-pistol-with-rail-and-92x-grip-frame-black-spec0668a.html
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, that's interesting. It's good to see Beretta diversifying their lineup in the past couple years, after the same old stale M9A1s, 92A1s etc. I don't think we've had a factory DAO in a looooong time.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Buds 92D

Buds is showing a couple in stock right now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I picked one up to do a frame safety conversion.
View Quote

Interesting- how are you going to go about that? Mill the frame to accept Taurus safety components?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Allegheny Arms does a conversion, and why would you use Taurus components when you can use Beretta ones?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Allegheny Arms does a conversion, and why would you use Taurus components when you can use Beretta ones?
View Quote

AA is good to go, there's another smith on the Beretta Forum that's been doing them for quite a while as well.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:02:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That would be perfect with no rail. Glad they are selling some d models
View Quote

Agreed, the earlier production "D" models popup once in a while. I carry a 96D I got several years ago and no other.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where would you find SAO Beretta components?  Unless you’re talking about the 92xp safety and I don’t think they sell that part separately.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Did you check Midwest Gun Works, even Beretta's web store? They sell all that stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top