Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2021 11:21:55 AM EDT
I was gonna get into the P80 build world now. My questions are, what's is a good aftermarket trigger besides stock? Amd are gen 5 mags compatible with the P80 also?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I would use stock glock internals at first in a p80 build. Slide and frame.  If it runs fine with glock internals then I would look into upgrading the trigger. I have never had a p80 build run perfectly with anything other then stock glock internals.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Gen 5 mags are compatible if you are talking Glock pattern.  Confirmed for Glock 19 P80.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would use stock glock internals at first in a p80 build. Slide and frame.  If it runs fine with glock internals then I would look into upgrading the trigger. I have never had a p80 build run perfectly with anything other then stock glock internals.
View Quote
I would agree with bondryan about using stock parts especially if this is your first time. I have built 8 and by no means am I an expert. I used most all Glock internals but put on Apex
triggers and Ghost connectors. I also used Brownells slides and Faxon barrels on all but 2. The only issue I've had was one Swenson (midway) slide being out of spec, one front rail assembly out of spec (P80 replaced) and one rear rail (P80) wouldn't let me reset the trigger but I modified it after watching a couple of YouTube videos. I enjoyed doing these and will likely do more once the prices come back down.

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would agree with bondryan about using stock parts especially if this is your first time. I have built 8 and by no means am I an expert. I used most all Glock internals but put on Apex
triggers and Ghost connectors. I also used Brownells slides and Faxon barrels on all but 2. The only issue I've had was one Swenson (midway) slide being out of spec, one front rail assembly out of spec (P80 replaced) and one rear rail (P80) wouldn't let me reset the trigger but I modified it after watching a couple of YouTube videos. I enjoyed doing these and will likely do more once the prices come back down.

https://i.imgur.com/R45EdFS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jZYs9p9.jpg

View Quote

Really dude?  You're going to post a picture of some pistol / rifle looking thing that is cool as hell and not tell us what that is or where to get it? come on man !
Fill us in !
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Each P80 is custom. I've only had a couple go together and not need any "tweaking".
That said, You can spend as much money on fancy stuff as you want for bragging rights or
you can leave some of that in your pocket for ammo.
Instead of paying $100+ for a magwell, get one off ebay for $40 +/-. Every bit as good for what it does.
Fancy Triggers for over $100 ? I promise you would be just as happy by getting a stock bar (metal is harder than the ebay cheap ones. Less flex.)
and putting a flat faced trigger shoe choice of colors off of ebay for $50 +/-  and using a ghost 3.5 connector.
Polish everything as Youtube videos will show. My trigger pull is a smooth as butter!
You'll want to use a 15lb recoil spring instead of 18lb.
NDZ performance has fancy color stuff at reasonable prices. Springs are $8 instead of $12+.
I have a ton of spare stuff because I've tried a lot of things and the above is what I ended up with as far as suggestions.

Fancy slides, as you know are big bucks. I recently purchased 2 complete "Rockslideusa" slides. The mill work and coating was perfect. Their extractors are billet milled. Not mim.
One barrel, G23 barrel, was too tall at the (breach) I believe? and would not allow the slide to rack all the way back. It was jamming in inside of the slide. not enough clearance.
I notified them to check their specs. I remedied that by putting it on a belt sander (stainless barrel) and taking off around 10 thousands of an inch. Then polished it back out to mirror finish.
Works perfectly now.
For what you get from Rockslide, you cannot beat the price. Complete slide was under $400  yes you may have to tweak it some but again, its "custom"

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
hey where's a great place to pick up a parts kit for the frame and slide?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've used Grainger Tactical for a frame & slide kits.
They're not cheap but they are OEM.
Everywhere else has been out of stock for months.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Really dude?  You're going to post a picture of some pistol / rifle looking thing that is cool as hell and not tell us what that is or where to get it? come on man !
Fill us in !
View Quote
Sorry,

It is a MechTech carbine conversion unit (CCU) in .40 S&W (would have liked 9mm but can't complain for what I paid for it), this one uses a glock 22 lower or equivelent. I used a P80 PF940CL frame and a glock 22 trigger housing. It has an old Bushnell Holo sight on it (I think pre Eotech). It came with a flat wire stock that was welded on, I cut it of and put on an adapter that take an AR buffer tube. They have them that use different frames (XDM, 1911 & Glock) and calibers.

MechTech
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Check out Righttobear.com
They have / had slide completion kits for $55. Sometimes on sale for $53.
Frame ? locking block and rear frame rails from p80 only. Lone wolf for most
anything else.
NDZ performance for pretty stuff and recoil springs.
Ebay for fancy trigger shoe and magwell.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I've used Lone Wolf Distributors Ultimate trigger in all my 80% builds with excellent results.  LWD is also my first stop when I'm looking for other bits and pieces.  I've also had good results with their barrels.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@flgfish - do you know the differences between the kit that they specify for the Polymer80 build vs OEM Glock build in the options?

ETA: Just got a very quick response to this question directly from them. The Polymer80 kit doesn't come with a trigger housing pin.

https://www.grangertactical.com/product-page/glock-lower-parts-kit

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@flgfish - do you know the differences between the kit that they specify for the Polymer80 build vs OEM Glock build in the options?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/622/granger-1843391.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From the bottom of the page:

The kits for Glock OEM come with all parts, other than locking block, needed to complete a factory frame.

The kits for Polymer80 come with all the parts needed to complete a Polymer80 frame. Polymer80 frames come with some of their own proprietary parts. These kits will not come with a trigger housing pin, since the p80 frames come with a longer, metal pin. The kits for the Polymer80 26, 27, and 33 will not come with a slide stop spring or a locking block pin, since those will come with the P80 frame.

Extended kits come with an extended slide release lever and an extended magazine release button.

Kits without fire control group come without trigger, trigger connector, trigger spring, and trigger housing.

All parts are OEM Glock.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The kits for Glock OEM come with all parts, other than locking block, needed to complete a factory frame.

The kits for Polymer80 come with all the parts needed to complete a Polymer80 frame. Polymer80 frames come with some of their own proprietary parts. These kits will not come with a trigger housing pin, since the p80 frames come with a longer, metal pin. The kits for the Polymer80 26, 27, and 33 will not come with a slide stop spring or a locking block pin, since those will come with the P80 frame.

Extended kits come with an extended slide release lever and an extended magazine release button.

Kits without fire control group come without trigger, trigger connector, trigger spring, and trigger housing.

All parts are OEM Glock.

Thanks. That wasn't showing on my view for some reason. I'm guessing the ad blocker on my browser blocked it.

ETA: Still not showing on Firefox even with it disabled, nor on the other two browsers on my Mac. Weird.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks. That wasn't showing on my view for some reason. I'm guessing the ad blocker on my browser blocked it.
View Quote

On my phone the text is dark on a dark background. It's not easy to see.

ETA: had to click read more to see it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Duh. Read more did it. I must have gone over the page 20 times and never saw that.

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#16]
First go to the Marine Gun Builder forum and also watch all of his videos.

Second, stick with OEM parts as much as possible

Third if you want a fancy slide go for it. Just stay away from anything from Rock Slide USA and their extremely poor quality control.

What is the problem with Rock Slide you ask???????

There is plenty wrong with them starting with their lack of quality control. Seriously do a search on the forum for Rock Slide and you will see all of the people that have had issues with them. To include the slides breaking.

On my G23 slide, the guide rod hole and firing pin hole were both machined to small and and both had to be opened up just to install parts.

I also had some serious work to do in removing burrs everywhere to include:

firing pin channel
   extractor groove
   extractor plunger channel
   breech face
   back of slide where cover goes.

I also had to excess coating on the breech face and extractor groove (along with deburr) before the OEM barrel would even fit. None of the aftermarket barrels I tried will work with this slide. I even made sure to properly hand fit some barrels and they still don't work.

Rock Slide also does not properly heat treat and temper their slides. We have had many instances where the slides have cracked or broke.

Slide crack/break right at the slide stop lever notch.
   Nose of slide break around the guide rod hole
   Top of slide right in front of barrel break and peal like a banana.

9 times out of ten when someone has an issue with their build and they used a slide from Rock Slide, it has been found that the slides are out of spec.

Also their customer service is very lacking when it comes to taking care of customers that receive bad slides.

So yes there is a definite and legitimate reason why the MGB forum does not like anything from Rock Slide USA and why we tell everyone to stay away from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top