Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2022 12:04:59 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with these new rounds from Norma?  They appear to only be available in 9mm currently   Link to Norma Shop for 9mm NXD.  They seem fairly intriguing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#1]
It would be interesting to see the muzzle velocity on that round from a 4" barrel, and NOT some fancy test rig barrel.  For hydrostatic effects to actually work it would need to be in excess of 2000fps, and tested in organic ballistic gel, not the clear stuff.

It may have some relevance for non free states that forbid JHP ammo, but I don't think I'll be switching from my HSTs any time soon..
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
just more of the same... bullets inspired by a phillips head screwdriver
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just more of the same... bullets inspired by a phillips head screwdriver
View Quote

My take also.
Until some LE agency adopts one of these designs and starts reporting on the OIS results, I'll keep my opinion.

Why dont they make hunting ammo in this design also?
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My take also.
Until some LE agency adopts one of these designs and starts reporting on the OIS results, I'll keep my opinion.

Why dont they make hunting ammo in this design also?
View Quote

Lehigh and Underwood do.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a good opportunity to not be a first adopter then!   Thanks for the replies everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top