Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2018 10:34:35 AM EDT
I just got a new M&P .45 2.0 with the factory threaded barrel and suppressor height sights. The gun feels and looks great but it shoots about 8" low at 10 yards.   Does the same thing from a sandbag and also with other shooters.  I have a first gen M&P .45 and it is dead on.  I'm comfortable that it's not me.

The crown looks ok.  Any other thoughts or suggestions before I send it back?
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you have a suppressor front sight and regular rear.
This will cause you to tip the front sight way down to line up with the rear causing you to shoot low.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like you have a suppressor front sight and regular rear.
This will cause you to tip the front sight way down to line up with the rear causing you to shoot low.
View Quote
Good thought but nope.  Both sights are suppressor sights.  Dang it's annoying to have to send a brand new pistol in.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Shoots low is easy to fix.  File the front sight until it shoots to point of aim.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Shoots low is easy to fix.  File the front sight until it shoots to point of aim.
View Quote
That would work, but then I couldn't see over my suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Are the barrels from the 2 guns swappable? If so I would try putting your other M&P .45 barrel in that gun and see if the issue goes away. I would think it has to be the barrel, or a combination of the barrel and the sights
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are the barrels from the 2 guns swappable? If so I would try putting your other M&P .45 barrel in that gun and see if the issue goes away. I would think it has to be the barrel, or a combination of the barrel and the sights
View Quote
Great Minds!  I switched out the barrels, just haven't gotten back to the range yet to test.  I know I can send it back and S&W will make it right, I just hate to send a brand new gun back.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Also try other weight bullets. Like if you're shooting 230's, try some 180's. I've seen this in a few calibers, where factory sights are sighted in for a particular grain weight. In both my Desert Eagle 44 and Ruger Alaskan 45 Colt, they both shoot about a foot low with 180's. They went up that same foot with 240's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top