Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2020 4:48:51 PM EDT
Hey yall, I just received my new M&P9. I had the 5.0 a few years ago, and really enjoyed it. I have yet to get this one out to the range, but plan to sometime this week and will provide an initial range review. Here she is:

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats. Gorgeous color.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]

I recently acquired the black 2.0 and am *very* happy with it, especially once I removed the slide lock detent.

Tomac
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
See I got one of the 2.0 5" FDE models when it first came out and noticed the slide lock was super stiff to depress. This 4 1/4" model depresses super easy.....I don't know if they modified it, but it definitely seems like they did.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well first range trip down. I put about 350 rounds through my new M&P today, without a single malfunction. I ran 200 rounds of brass FMJ through the handgun first (100 S&B 115gr and 100 Fiocchi 115gr), followed by 100 rounds of Tulammo. The handgun was only allowed to cool long enough to reload my five magazines, and first again. The sights are sighted for a combat sight picture, which I prefer. The first picture shows groups I fired at 15 yards. The top group was the first group I fired with Hornady 135gr Critical Duty. I probably could do better, given I was still learning whether it was sighted for a six o'clock or combat sight picture. The group directly below that was with the S&B and the right group was Fiocchi. The second picture shows a group shot at ten yard off hand with one of the brass FMJ loads. The trigger on this 2.0 is a very good factory trigger, with a short crisp break and short reset. The handgun is everything I expected it would be. All casing were ejected in a nice pattern 6-12 feet to my 3-4 o'clock.

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Just bought the same gun 3 days ago but mine came with a set of white 3 dots.

Those sights come from the factory?

Im replacing mine with Trijicon FO.

Coming from carrying Glocks for 16 years I am excited.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea mine came with the TFX sights. The 5" FDE models all come with white 3-dot to my recollection.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish FDE was an option when I got my 4". It would be nice to have it match my FDE 5". Oh well, I'm not getting rid of either.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#8]
That with a black backstrap would look good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top