Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/8/2018 12:22:39 PM EDT
I picked up a brand new M9 commercial off of Gun Broker.

I opened it up and found a huge blem on the right side of the frame. And one of the roll pins on the right safety is not in all the way.

How does the factory let this stuff out looking like this. I mean the blem is bad. I wiped it with some cleaner and it did nothing. So its not something like dried grease or oil.
As for the roll pin that's no big deal I could tap it in the rest of the way.

But its just the idea that I have to send it back maybe...… I have not heard back from Beretta yet !!!!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm wondering if it came from the factory that way vs. someone down the distribution chain messed with it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
TN needs to get their shit together
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a new Inox 92FS online and when I got it, it had a big gouge in the finish at the bottom of the trigger guard from the spare magazine top evidently slamming in to it from being thrown around in shipping.  The seller said that had I noticed it at the FFL's place, they could have had it sent back to them to replace but since I had accepted it, they had me contact Beretta.  The sell did refund me the tax and shipping cost for my troubles which was cool of them to do, as it wasn't their fault.

After talking to Beretta, they said it wouldn't be quick to get it back as they would have to put the part through their regular production line to re-blast it.  I got it back about a month and a half later as good as new.   Hopefully Beretta will respond and repair or replace that for you.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
The TN-made frames seem to have a different finish of late as well.  It is smoother than any anodizing I'm used to and under a bright light has a bluish tint.

I can sort of see that in the OP's swirl.

For something that bad I think I would have refused the transfer and let the seller deal with it vs accepting it and dealing with Beretta.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked it up from my dealer with out even looking at it. I took it for granted that is would have been ok. Being a new gun and all.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I picked it up from my dealer with out even looking at it. I took it for granted that is would have been ok. Being a new gun and all.
View Quote
Buying online is always a risk, inspect first no matter what.  I've refused transfer on more than a few.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Buying online is always a risk, inspect first no matter what.  I've refused transfer on more than a few.
View Quote
Words to heed, Can save yourself a little bit of grief this way.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 4:06:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should start giving lessons on how NOT to purchase a firearm.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
TN needs to get their shit together
View Quote
I attended their job fair when they had it in Gallatin a few years back. The oinker HR woman made it a point to say they "valued diversity in their hiring." Over 1/2 of the crowd were black females. I'm gonna take a wild guess here who is doing their QC work.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#10]
That's pretty bad. I would think these pictures would get you a case pretty fast if sent to Beretta.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I attended their job fair when they had it in Gallatin a few years back. The oinker HR woman made it a point to say they "valued diversity in their hiring." Over 1/2 of the crowd were black females. I'm gonna take a wild guess here who is doing their QC work.  
View Quote
I received 4 TN made Berettas today.

1 they did not stake the extractor pin
3 of the 4 have a terrible finish on the outside of the barrel.  When I say finish, I don't mean the Bruniton.  I mean it looks like the final OD passes were done by hand with a dremel.

One of them has some cosmetic uglies on the underside of the slide.  Overall fit is pretty good and tight on all 4 though to be honest.  Nothing to get upset about function wise besides the lack of staking but man, these look nothing near the level of what I received last month in the form of two Italian made M9A3s or my Italian 92A1.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I received 4 TN made Berettas today.

1 they did not stake the extractor pin
3 of the 4 have a terrible finish on the outside of the barrel.  When I say finish, I don't mean the Bruniton.  I mean it looks like the final OD passes were done by hand with a dremel.

One of them has some cosmetic uglies on the underside of the slide.  Overall fit is pretty good and tight on all 4 though to be honest.  Nothing to get upset about function wise besides the lack of staking but man, these look nothing near the level of what I received last month in the form of two Italian made M9A3s or my Italian 92A1.
View Quote
I don't blame the idiots who do QC inspections, I blame A) those whom hired them; & B) their supervisors who allow this shit fest to continue despite repeated returns.

How many of us would keep their jobs with repeated returns on our work? Not in a non-PC world, we wouldn't.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:31:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't blame the idiots who do QC inspections, I blame A) those whom hired them; & B) their supervisors who allow this shit fest to continue despite repeated returns.

How many of us would keep their jobs with repeated returns on our work? Not in a non-PC world, we wouldn't.
View Quote
These pictures do not do the barrels "justice".  Running your finger along them you can feel flat spots.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I remember a good while back when you posted this either here or on the Beretta forum.  I haven't ordered a TN made Beretta online since just to avoid issues.  I paid a little more at my LGS, but I got to scope it over.  So glad you let us in on that little fact.

Maryland Berettas used to be great guns with an excellent finish.  I have a couple.  It's a shame to see what the new TN factory is putting out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Just an update. Beretta had me send it back to them. So they can look at it.  And then they will determine whether to fix it or replace it or do nothing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just an update. Beretta had me send it back to them. So they can look at it.  And then they will determine whether to fix it or replace it or do nothing.
View Quote
Did they at least provide you with a pre-paid shipping label or did you have to pay for the shipping?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#17]
It was prepaid by them.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#18]
It's annoying though as I just did the same and UPS no showed.  I fucking stayed home today too.

Wish they'd just send a label instead of using the "schedule a pickup" method.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Just picked up my M9A1. Been wanting one for awhile. Just a couple complaints. The barrel machining is terrible as well as the bluing is very light. The rail has a ding in it that I didn't notice until the blueing came off when I took the light off. Otherwise everything else looks good.

Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn your barrel looks just like two that I received.  Awful.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just picked up my M9A1. Been wanting one for awhile. Just a couple complaints. The barrel machining is terrible as well as the bluing is very light. The rail has a ding in it that I didn't notice until the blueing came off when I took the light off. Otherwise everything else looks good.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7889/45616539435_e88d48730a_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4896/46478006772_58218e0801_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4882/45616539105_a0ee5e1a6b_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4818/45616538655_21a47027b1_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7886/46530032321_15d10e511b_b.jpg
View Quote
That barrel finishing looks horrible.  I would contact Beretta and forward some pics to them to see if they would swap out the barrel for a better one at minimum.  My Maryland made M9 has an impeccable nice dark blue finish and zero machining marks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#22]
He can try but they've been taking a policy of doing nothing on a cosmetic basis.

When I sent a gun in for warrant the other week there were several warnings that they will do nothing for a finish/cosmetic issue.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Just an update.

They had me send it back on their dime. And it is "waiting on parts" as to what parts they are waiting on.?
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just an update.

They had me send it back on their dime. And it is "waiting on parts" as to what parts they are waiting on.?
View Quote
I can't even track the progress on mine (extractor pin not staked).

To clarify, I was referencing the rough barrels in my last post.  I knew they'd take care of you because your issue is not cosmetic----you don't want raw aluminum exposed.

As to what part maybe they're gonna give you a new frame or an all new gun?
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 4:08:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He can try but they've been taking a policy of doing nothing on a cosmetic basis.

When I sent a gun in for warrant the other week there were several warnings that they will do nothing for a finish/cosmetic issue.
View Quote
Has been that way for a while. I bet nothing gets done in either of these cases other than the one might get staked properly.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#26]
It would seem that Beretta is taking a lesson from Sig.

Sad.

Frankly, if it doesn't say "Made in Italy" on it, it's not worth the trouble.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It would seem that Beretta is taking a lesson from Sig.

Sad.

Frankly, if it doesn't say "Made in Italy" on it, it's not worth the trouble.
View Quote
Yes, it is sad. I own four 92 series pistols & none have given me an inch of trouble.

I know people are tired of me writing it, but Beretta made their own bed when they moved to TN & embarked on a huge double minority hiring spree. HR cow stood in front of the auditorium & proudly announced their "commitment to diversity" and other SJW shit. Crowd was 1/2 (or better) double minorities.

I wish someone would show Beretta these threads at a SHOT show or NRA convention. Wake them the fuck up. Somehow I doubt they give a fat rat's ass.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#28]
double minority?!

guess im sticking to ACKK. M92's and italy parts! my threaded italy barrel is FLAWLESS
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#29]
UPDATE:

My M9 was delivered today with out no email or warning.

It just showed up. Lucky I was home.

They replaced it with a new pistol
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#30]
What did they do with the serial number?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What did they do with the serial number?
View Quote
It's a different serial number.  They must change the paper work at the factory. Is all I can figure.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's a different serial number.  They must change the paper work at the factory. Is all I can figure.
View Quote
Glad they took care of you but not sure if they can do that .....legally.  I've had that happen before and a new serial number gun had to be shipped to an FFL.  No change and it could come back to me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Glad they took care of you but not sure if they can do that .....legally.  I've had that happen before and a new serial number gun had to be shipped to an FFL.  No change and it could come back to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is what I was wondering.    I had a handgun replaced and it had to go through an FFL.   Plus the state that I live in has its own registration so I had to file paperwork saying that the manufacturer destroyed the original and it was no longer in my name.   Then I had to register the new one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
They can if you live in a free state.  Type 07s (manufacturers) can replace guns without using an intermediate FFL.

Now if you live behind enemy lines and your state has additional gun laws on the books then who knows what silly shit they can come up with.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They can if you live in a free state.  Type 07s (manufacturers) can replace guns without using an intermediate FFL.

Now if you live behind enemy lines and your state has additional gun laws on the books then who knows what silly shit they can come up with.
View Quote
I'm in NC, guess it was because of our Jim Crow pistol permit system that it had to go back to the FFL.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 3:55:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 4:06:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm in NC, guess it was because of our Jim Crow pistol permit system that it had to go back to the FFL.
View Quote
I'm aware of them.  I turned 21 while stationed at Ft Bragg and was annoyed that I had to acquire a permit just to buy a handgun.

Not only that, only 5 at a time.  Worse than the "gun a month" states.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:14:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Wow...  I was in the market for another Beretta 92/SF or M9 pistol BEFORE reading this.

I love my five Beretta pistols, but I guess I'll wait and look at the used market for my next Beretta purchase since the workmanship really appears to be lacking big time these days.

Its sad, the QC issues at their Tennessee facility is subpar at best.  To me, Beretta means quality...  Not USGI "contract" volume quality.

I can only hope that somebody with some "juice" within Beretta USA or even Italy is tracking this forum and either replaces their current QC "experts" in Tennessee with REAL and highly trained QC professionals that understands what Beretta "quality" means to many of us.

Sig in the early 2000s was putting out stuff that was seriously lacking in the QC department and they paid for it.  But, to their credit, they started to pay attention the their previous QC issues and made some improvements.

I really hope that they're not following or using Colt as their QC model!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#39]
As I said earlier, just get one that is made in Italy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Do you guys know if the TN facility is making any of the Inox versions?  I lucked out on a M9A3 from Italy in FDE with none of the mentioned issues for under 8 bills.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wow...  I was in the market for another Beretta 92/SF or M9 pistol BEFORE reading this.

I love my five Beretta pistols, but I guess I'll wait and look at the used market for my next Beretta purchase since the workmanship really appears to be lacking big time these days.

Its sad, the QC issues at their Tennessee facility is subpar at best.  To me, Beretta means quality...  Not USGI "contract" volume quality.

I can only hope that somebody with some "juice" within Beretta USA or even Italy is tracking this forum and either replaces their current QC "experts" in Tennessee with REAL and highly trained QC professionals that understands what Beretta "quality" means to many of us.

Sig in the early 2000s was putting out stuff that was seriously lacking in the QC department and they paid for it.  But, to their credit, they started to pay attention the their previous QC issues and made some improvements.

I really hope that they're not following or using Colt as their QC model!!
View Quote
IMO, SIG's problems started about a decade after that.  Cohen is the one that ran them into the ground.

As I said earlier, I bought 7 Berettas this year made in TN.  None of the "special" models had the rough barrel finish that my base M9A1/92FS models did.  Both of my Elite LTTs and WC Brigadier Tacticals were good to go.  I know there are some mega posts out there about some having issues with the WC models when the TN factory was even newer and there are some ugly Centurion Tactical machining issues at the front (purely cosmetic) but my Brigadier Tactical is excellent.

"Fit and finish" wise though the black Made in Italy M9A3s I received this year are the best Berettas I've ever handled.

If you want one, get one.  Just inspect thoroughly before purchase.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Gallatin plant is staffed by double minorities doing a LOT of the work.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do you guys know if the TN facility is making any of the Inox versions?  I lucked out on a M9A3 from Italy in FDE with none of the mentioned issues for under 8 bills.
View Quote
I don't think the Gallatin plant is doing any Inox models.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is probably a good thing if they are churning out some of the pistols people have posted pics of on here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 5:46:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder if the poor Q/C is a welcome side effect of the hiring practices, as far as the hog beast HR woman is concerned?

I'd be willing to bet that she'd be okay with it, because guns are just a tool of toxic masculinity, after all.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Bingo.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#47]
I’m guessing there’s no way to make sure you get an Italy M9A3 when ordering online, I’m assuming both colors are made in the TN plant as well?

I’m really surprised by all this because I’d always thought Beretta had pretty high standards.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Most of the currently available M9A3s are made in Italy.

I read somewhere that they got behind here so moved production over there to meet demand but like everything on the internet who knows if its true.

I want to say that so far TN has only made the FDE ones so if you order Black you're good to go.  I know both of the black ones I ordered were made in Italy and the distributor told me that's how their entire lot was.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#49]
This is unsettling.   I hope Beretta USA can turn this around.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Most of the currently available M9A3s are made in Italy.

I read somewhere that they got behind here so moved production over there to meet demand but like everything on the internet who knows if its true.

I want to say that so far TN has only made the FDE ones so if you order Black you're good to go.  I know both of the black ones I ordered were made in Italy and the distributor told me that's how their entire lot was.
View Quote
My M9A3 is FDE and built in Italy.  The "safety checked" sticker from Cabela's is dated 1/1/19.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top