Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2018 3:25:35 PM EDT
Wanted a .380 to replace my .32 Tomcat, but it had to be small enough to slip into my back pocket like the Tomcat.
Finally decided on the LCP II and must say I'm impressed w/the size, light weight, trigger, manageable recoil and a working slide stop/release.
Only managed 28rds today before recoil started breaking the skin on my thumb knuckle so called it quits for now, it was 100% reliable w/UMC 95gr FMJ.

My only complaints are it's so thin it feels strange in my hand so accuracy suffers and that breaking of the knuckle skin.
Would a Hogue grip sleeve help with either/both of those problems?
Any other tips/tricks I should know about concerning the LCP II?
TIA!...

Tomac
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t understand the thumb injury. Mine came with the factory laser. Easy shooter even for my teenage daughter. Are you using the finger rest magazine base plates? Yes, I have big hands and don’t seem to have any trouble with mine. Carry everyday in front pocket.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t understand the thumb injury. Mine came with the factory laser. Easy shooter even for my teenage daughter. Are you using the finger rest magazine base plates? Yes, I have big hands and don’t seem to have any trouble with mine. Carry everyday in front pocket.
View Quote
When I grip the LCP, the size/shape of my hand causes the inside edge of my thumb knuckle to touch the side of the frame. Recoil makes the frame rub against that edge, eventually wearing through the skin (this isn't the first handgun I've experienced this with, I chalk it up to my unusual hand/finger size).
And, yes, I do use the mag base plate, in fact it's a necessity for me.

Tomac
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you a lefty and getting bit by the ejection port?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you a lefty and getting bit by the ejection port?
View Quote
Nope, righty.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Update: Installed the Hogue grip sleeve and the comfort/accuracy difference is night and day!
Previously, my grip on the LCP II was primarily front/back, but w/the Hogue I now have a full grip that presents the sights right on target w/a big improvement in accuracy and speed of followup shots.
Although I didn't find the recoil punishing w/o the Hogue, shooting comfort is improved. Also, I no longer have the frame rubbing against the side of my thumb knuckle, 50rds w/o discomfort.
Admittedly, it does make the LCP II slightly thicker, but IMHO the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages.
I strongly recommend the Hogue grip sleeve for the LCP II if you're having any comfort/accuracy issues w/the stock pistol.

Tomac
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Another update: After over a hundred rds each, both of my LCP-II's have been 100% except for a single FTE each during the first few mags. I'm using the Galloway 13lb recoil spring in them now and both have been 100% since I installed them, but it's too early to tell if I'll keep the Galloway springs or switch back to the factory 9lb springs (any opinions as to pros/cons of using a heavier spring?).

Tomac
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:58:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Will just add I also have a grip sleeve on my lcp2 and like it a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top