Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2021 3:46:50 PM EDT
I have always been a 1911 guy , had CDP and had to send it back ,hammer followed the slide down , Cust Tac 2 jammer from day one . have Colt guns and one flawless Warrior I got the week they came out years ago no problems with that one . I was always afraid to buy another ,but they looked so nice I just wouldn`t chance it . Broke down on Fri and took a real nice new in box Ultra Carry in two tone ,picked up a few fact Kimber mags and a few Wilson Combat for the compact gun . cleaned and lubed it up worked the slide for a while . I just ran a bunch of odd ball ammo I had and it was a tac driver flawless , I sprained my wrist  a year ago and never did much to fix it , that little gun torqued the hell out of my wrist a couple times but ran great ,and was right on for a little gun . I had a Desantis open top blk leather owb holster right for that gun ,don`t know its on .
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats. After 1k rounds it will be ready for concealed carry.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
My Ultra Carry worked fine. Traded it out of boredom and wanting something different.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]
My Oregon built kimber was a full size and amazing. That was my only one and I should have kept it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I looked and looked at Kimber's but stayed away because of past problems I had . some guys get them and they just run fine , this Ultra Carry two tone got me ,I gave it a wipe down and clean up ,picked up some extra mags , Wilson and fact Kimber for this gun , today was just a try out I won`t clean it again for a good while and brake it in a little , it was a tac driver for a small gun .
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Internet warrior tales and actual experience are usually 2 different things.  Ive got a late 90s series 1 full size with 40k+rd of hard ball on it, runs like a top and still has the mim hammer and sear in it.  Ive had 5 or 6 other kimbers, series 2 and series1 newer production.  Only 1 was a problem child and to be honest I think it was the nighthawk mags.  I always pull the fp safety block, delete the 80 series on colts also.  I still have that old 90s kimber.  I also have a 5-6 yr old tle pro 45 and a aegis elite pro 9mm.  They run perfect with chip, wilson, and even kimber tac pro mags.  They run good enough that I serrated the rear of slides 40lpi, had the slides ball end cut on nose, and had 3 narrow ball ends milled on flat top, then re parked the carbon parts.  

Ive got the tle pro on me right now, if I didn't trust it, it'd be in the safe or sold.  I've used the tle pro in some classes and ran good when other boutique guns were choking.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 5:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I ran another 25 rds on Mon , it`s something how a small gun like this shoots , no jam up`s yet . but only have around 50 to 60 rds so far. I think the small 45`s do shoot hard .
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I did order a ex guide rod and spring got the EGW brand was 55 bucks , I fired a few more rounds on Tue when I mowed with no problem .mixed 230 and some 185 XTP reloads they shot right on .
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:54:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I did get and install the EGW guide rod and spring , and will keep the other for a spare , one thing I noticed is the slide lock sticks a little when the gun is locked open and u pull the slide back it seems to stick won`t drop down till u try again maybe . The gun is new and very tight shoots great for a small gun ,no jams or anything . its well lubed ,not many rounds at all just got it .
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Excellent accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:42:00 AM EDT
[#10]
The slide lock would not always drop down when u pulled slide back to close seems to have got smoother and is getting broke in a little , should be ok . gun runs good .I like it I would stay away from the smaller 1911 guns but carries nice shoots like a tac driver for a small gun .
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 4:18:18 AM EDT
[#11]
The gun has about another 60 rds of mixed ammo , runs good so far getting a little looser, shoots good for a small 45 .very light to carry .
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Picture?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Its just your standard tu tone small stout looking 45 with black rubber wrap around grips on it .I should get night sights for it .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top