Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2021 2:08:55 PM EDT

Not sure why they went with the weird milling on the back that takes out the sight notch.  I mean we all know the current MOS system is a joke, but what's so hard about just milling a pocket with an RMR cut?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless is this spec-ed for a specific contract, I don’t understand it.  How many people are clamoring to mount a DPP on a Glock, and for those who are, there are plenty of decent plates to use with the current MOS system.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless is this spec-ed for a specific contract, I don’t understand it.  How many people are clamoring to mount a DPP on a Glock, and for those who are, there are plenty of decent plates to use with the current MOS system.
View Quote

Word on the street is there will be an rmr cut as well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Since plate systems are mostly a joke, this makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Sig M17 with the Leupold reddot. It has a pretty high profile compared to other reddots.

The DPP has a slot for a Leupold optional rear sight. It seems like a big sight for a midsize Glock.

I have RMRs on two of my Glock MOS.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Who asked for this? LOL

Seriously though, if they do release an RMR version then that would prove that Glock is actually listening to the civilian market. I really can't see them not releasing a Trijicon foot print variant.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not sure why they went with the weird milling on the back that takes out the sight notch.  I mean we all know the current MOS system is a joke, but what's so hard about just milling a pocket with an RMR cut?
View Quote

Nothing to add, other than I'm interested in seeing how this changes things.  BUT - you're fellow Jedi Alum?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#7]
There are posts and pics of these from almost two years ago on GlockTalk, both the MOS3 DPP and MOS5 RMR version.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#8]
And typical of Glock, they miss the mark.

All they had to do was do a proper cut and leave their rear dovetail in place.

Now, this creates other issues for those of us that want BUIS.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And typical of Glock, they miss the mark.

All they had to do was do a proper cut and leave their rear dovetail in place.

Now, this creates other issues for those of us that want BUIS.
View Quote

It’s for a DPP. The BUIS mounts to the optic. What’s the problem?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I love everything about the MOS system except the OEM plate and FCD has solved that problem.

The recent release of the RMRcc and it's proprietary footprint demonstrates exactly why I DO NOT want a direct milled gun. Optics mounted on carry guns is still in it's infancy and the MOS is basically future proof. I don't want to buy a new gun every time an optics company changes their specs.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#11]
The front sight that matches up with that is going to be rediculous.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's for a DPP. The BUIS mounts to the optic. What's the problem?
View Quote
Because the rear sight doesn't have to mount to the red dot.

If the RMR cut looks anything like that, thatll be disappointing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Because the rear sight doesn't have to mount to the red dot.

If the RMR cut looks anything like that, thatll be disappointing.
View Quote

It doesn’t have to, but it’s better.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm sorry.  But that's just butt ass ugly.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Hahaha. Terrible. I'd rather have a gen 5 MOS with the FCD plate over this.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It doesn't have to, but it's better.
View Quote
And that's why only Leupold is doing it?

Ill keep my RMR's and separate sights.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Our local sheriff's office just bought all new guns. Glock Model 45's cut for the RMR straight from the Glock factory. It may be an offered option in the near future. At this point I was told agency orders only. No individual orders.

View Quote

Did you get to see one yet? I'm curious if they are doing the weird rear sight thing with the RMR. I'm really doubting they are, and am guessing it's just a DPP thing. I wonder what the price difference will be between the traditional MOS and a precut slide.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy shit just settle on a standard footprint already
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/668/epso_g45a-1831869.jpgForgive the poor photo, it was the only one on my phone.

View Quote

Thanks. I figured the funky rear sight thing was only a DPP deal. Glock will sell a boat load of those, if they sell to the civilian market.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The front sight that matches up with that is going to be rediculous.
View Quote

I expect it'd look a lot like this one.

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#24]
They are just copying Sig.

"New MOS 3, with even MORE retarded."

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I don't get the negativity. A lot of people don't want plates to mount optics, they want the slide cut to their optics footprint. So glock comes out with a DPP cut slide which I think is what the .mil is running a lot of, and a RMR cut which the vast majority of the civilian market wants. Glock doesn't make optics, so they really can't dictate any optics footprint. Getting more options to mount optics isn't a bad thing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:36:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I’m assuming they stemmed from a contract associated with these guns-

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I guess I don't get the negativity. A lot of people don't want plates to mount optics, they want the slide cut to their optics footprint. So glock comes out with a DPP cut slide which I think is what the .mil is running a lot of, and a RMR cut which the vast majority of the civilian market wants. Glock doesn't make optics, so they really can't dictate any optics footprint. Getting more options to mount optics isn't a bad thing.
View Quote

I doubt many people care WHAT the footprint is, just pick ONE footprint. Every manufacture doesn't need their own "special" footprint to show how cool they are.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/668/epso_g45a-1831869.jpgForgive the poor photo, it was the only one on my phone.

View Quote

Is there a gap behind the RMR?
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#30]
We have in USAF inventory, DPP mounted G19s and 17s that are milled. The way the rear sight is integrated sems harmless enough but I much prefer my iron sight in front of the optic.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#31]
With a competent steel MOS plate for DPP, the user retains the use of the rear sight (a Dawson rear, for instance).  The rear sight module for the DPP isn't great, better to have the rear sight on the slide that's not secured with two tiny set screws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top