Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2018 11:46:06 AM EDT
I picked up my G45 yesterday and I'm looking around for some decent sights.  I was going to go with the Ameriglo Agents from Brownells, but I'm seeing some conflicting info on the heights.  It seems the Gen 5 specific set comes with a .200 front sight instead of the normal .180.  I've read that some Gen 5 users shoot a bit low with the .200 front, and had better luck with the non Gen 5 Agents.  Can anyone share their experiences with these sights?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Think the sights on my 21are ameriglo and i can confirm they sh oot low. They hit where your front sight covers as opposed to 6 o'clock
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I guess a better question would be is anyone using non-Gen 5 specific sights on their Gen 5, and if so how does it shoot?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been using ML-10224 sights on my 26 without any issue.

One thing I have noticed is that the 45s and 19Xs that we've been getting at the shop recently, with factory night sights or standard fxd sights, have had the 6.1mm rear sight instead of the 6.5mm. If Glock is in fact using the 4.9mm front sight with the 6.1mm rear sight, that could cause a lot of POI issues.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.  I guess a better question would be is anyone using non-Gen 5 specific sights on their Gen 5, and if so how does it shoot?
View Quote
Just got a model 45 and it shoots low, at least up close. Only shot it a few times in my back yard, but I have to about cover any small target with the front sight post to hit bullseye.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just got a model 45 and it shoots low, at least up close. Only shot it a few times in my back yard, but I have to about cover any small target with the front sight post to hit bullseye.
View Quote
Which sights did you get? If they are factory night sights or factory fixed, what are the hash marks?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Trijicon doesn’t differentiate between Gen5 and other Gens. AmeriGlo and Glock do. Honestly, I kind of wonder if its all just voodoo. You may just have to find what works for you and your Glock.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I picked up my G45 yesterday and I'm looking around for some decent sights.  I was going to go with the Ameriglo Agents from Brownells, but I'm seeing some conflicting info on the heights.  It seems the Gen 5 specific set comes with a .200 front sight instead of the normal .180.  I've read that some Gen 5 users shoot a bit low with the .200 front, and had better luck with the non Gen 5 Agents.  Can anyone share their experiences with these sights?
View Quote
The Agents and the Ameriglos sold as Glock Bold sights are the same sights but with U notch vs square notch.  They make .200, .180, and .165 height because guns differ.

The normal configuration for Gen 5 Guns is a .200 high front to give POI with a “drive the dot” sight picture (covering the target with the front dot.)

I have two Gen 5 G19. The one with factory bolds was POA/POI with the .200 front. The second shot low and required a .180.

This was an issue with early Gen5s which I beleive has been resolved but ultimately It just depends on the gun or your POA preference.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies.  Sounds like I need to shoot it with the factory sights and see where it prints and then go from there.  I'm ok with poa/poi, but I don't want a drive the dot sight picture.  Mine has the 6.1mm rear on it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which sights did you get? If they are factory night sights or factory fixed, what are the hash marks?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Factory polymer regular sights. If your asking sight height, I haven't measured yet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I have Ameriglo Hackathorns on my G19.5

5 to 7 meters there POA/POI

25 meters there about 2.5 inches low.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#11]
My G45 seem to shoot about 4 inches at 15 yards low with Ameriglo Gen 5 sights.  I called Brownells and exchanging them for the .180 front sight.  I prefer a six 'clock hold.  My gun came with the 6.1 rear.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I bought a gen5 G19 with AmeriGlo night sights. It shot low. I replaced the (taller) front sight with a GLOCK factory night sight and it shoots POA/POI now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Ameriglo Agent sights are designed for POI to be behind the front dot (#3 sight picture).  Other Ameriglo sights are designed for #2 though.  If you don't want #3 then I bet the .200" front sight will not be the right one for you.  I haven't used Agent sights though so can't say for sure what height you'd need.

Also, just because it's a pet peeve of mine when people use this term incorrectly , but #1 below is a 6 o'clock hold, not #2.  No one really wants a 6 o'clock hold on a Glock.  A 6 o'clock hold is used for bullseye shooting when shooting known size targets at known distances.  #2 and #3 sight pictures don't have industry standard names...would be nice if they did

Quoted:

View Quote
That's not physically possible
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Ameriglo Agents are the best.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 2:37:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ameriglo Agent sights are designed for POI to be behind the front dot (#3 sight picture).  Other Ameriglo sights are designed for #2 though.  If you don't want #3 then I bet the .200" front sight will not be the right one for you.  I haven't used Agent sights though so can't say for sure what height you'd need.

Also, just because it's a pet peeve of mine when people use this term incorrectly , but #1 below is a 6 o'clock hold, not #2.  No one really wants a 6 o'clock hold on a Glock.  A 6 o'clock hold is used for bullseye shooting when shooting known size targets at known distances.  #2 and #3 sight pictures don't have industry standard names...would be nice if they did

https://i.imgur.com/Vtt4RQg.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably not exactly those figures but it’s pretty damn close when I’m close and pretty low when I’m further away.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:23:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Probably not exactly those figures but it’s pretty damn close when I’m close and pretty low when I’m further away.
View Quote
That's you then, not the sights

Sights can't be POA=POI at 5 yards and low at 25 yards.  That would mean the bullet is rising up to 5 yards, and falling before 25 yards, which would defy the laws of physics
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
This may sound confusing, but the  Ameriglo Agent and Bold sights are actually designed to use sight picture 2 or sight picture 3 at 25 yards.

The reason is the above drawing is actually off by a little.

Image #2:  When the top of the front and rear sight blades are aligned horizontally as in sight picture #2, the dots will not be aligned.  The 2 rear (outside) dots will actually be slightly lower than the front dot (see image A) .  Since you are shooting the top of the blades, it doesn't matter that the dots are not aligned and your bullet will impact at the tip of the front sight blade at 25 yards.

Image #3:  When the Dots are aligned horizontally, the top of the front sight blade will be slightly lower than the rear blades (see Image B) and the point of impact will be the center of the dot at 25yds.

All of this is by design per the FBI's testing for the fastest and most accurate sight acquisition in both good light and poor light.

With both the Agent and Bold series Ameriglo sights, you can shoot either top of blades (Image A) or drive the dot (Image B ) Don't combine the two ie: line up the top of the blades and drive the dot.

Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Think the sights on my 21are ameriglo and i can confirm they sh oot low. They hit where your front sight covers as opposed to 6 o'clock
View Quote
My Glock sights all hit point of aim, so that's actually normal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top