Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2021 11:47:10 AM EDT
I bought a new gen 3 slide from Hex Precision, along with a GGP slide completion kit. First time ever assembling one, but I am sure anyone who already knows, it's pretty simple and straightforward. I had it all assembled and I noticed that the striker does not protrude at all. I stripped it back down completely again and went back through step by step. At first I thought that maybe the pre-installed striker channel sleeve may be too long or something, so I replaced it with the one from GGP, but the pre-installed one was the same length as the GGP. Before I re-installed the rear plate I checked to see if I could push the striker forward with my finger, and it would, so I installed the plate. Now it is all together again, and have same result. Is this normal??

My G34 and other G19 are off being milled for optics, so I can't compare. But My G43's striker does protrude from the breech face.

Any insight/advice/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought a new gen 3 slide from Hex Precision, along with a GGP slide completion kit. First time ever assembling one, but I am sure anyone who already knows, it's pretty simple and straightforward. I had it all assembled and I noticed that the striker does not protrude at all. I stripped it back down completely again and went back through step by step. At first I thought that maybe the pre-installed striker channel sleeve may be too long or something, so I replaced it with the one from GGP, but the pre-installed one was the same length as the GGP. Before I re-installed the rear plate I checked to see if I could push the striker forward with my finger, and it would, so I installed the plate. Now it is all together again, and have same result. Is this normal??

My G34 and other G19 are off being milled for optics, so I can't compare. But My G43's striker does protrude from the breech face.

Any insight/advice/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/yAxVzCp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/De6wfLk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EjLGVeO.jpg
View Quote

Did you depress the firing pin block before attempting to push the striker forward?

If your G34 firing pin protrudes at rest or by just pushing it forward, you should get it looked at.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you depress the firing pin block before attempting to push the striker forward?

If you’re G34 firing pin protrudes at rest or by just pushing it forward, you should get it looked at.
View Quote

I did not. So it's not supposed to protrude from the breech face? I just took my G43 back apart and pushed on the striker with my finger and it went back into the striker channel and longer protrudes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
For some reason your pic did not pop up when I initially responded. Looks like everything works, I did not realize that's what that did. And also looks like I may need to break down my G43 and clean up the plunger recess. Thank you very much
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, the firing pin block is a safety mechanism to prevent the gun from firing should the striker/hammer slip off the sear without the trigger being pulled, such as from inertia if the gun is dropped or from a part breakage.  The little nub on the middle of the trigger transfer bar along the inside of the frame moves back when the trigger is pulled and depresses that safety plunger before the striker drops.

The reason the striker protruded on your 43 slide and was stuck there is because of how you need to pull the trigger to remove the slide from the gun and is normal.  What happens is when you dry fire it, the striker is free to move back and forth a bit, because the trigger stays back and the FP safety plunger remains depressed.  If you tip the gun muzzle down, the striker will fall forward and protrude from the breech.  If you hold the gun muzzle down while removing the slide, the FP safety plunger re-engages as it comes off the frame, and sort of grabs onto the striker and holds it forward and protruding.  Then when you pushed the striker back manually, it slipped of the safety plunger and was back into a position where that plunger stops it from going fully forward unless the plunger's depressed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the help, gents
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top