Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2022 9:42:29 AM EDT
Recently put together a P80 full size frame and a Zaffiri Precision G17L slide. I went with a "USPA G17/22 Slide Parts Kit" that had a stainless guide rod. The guide rod has a screw on the end that seems to be a slightly larger diameter than the rod which is leading it to the slide hanging up on the rod.

I'm not sure how to rectify this issue...

Picture for context
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Your choices:

Use it without the screw.

Mill the screw down.

Open the hole.  Do you have an OEM slide to compare hole sizes in the slide assy?
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:34:58 AM EDT
[#2]
That screw is what holds the entire metal guide rod and spring together. As long as it all fits through the opening of the slide then do NOT mess with it.

One of the biggest issues I see with P80 builds and the issues that @XavierBK is having is caused by not having the channel open up enough. You do not want to see any signs of the tab and you also want the side t be even with the rails. Another thing to check is that you are using the correct slide lock spring and that it is inserted into the frame correctly.

Here is a 940C channel but the 940V2 should look the same.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You might have to clear that channel for the spring out a bit to make it sit flush. Also make sure the channel is wide enough. After that buy another guide rod they are less than $15.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Figured I'd update this, it was the stupid guide rod. Swapped to a factory rod and it worked fine. The screw head had just enough of a lip to catch the slide and get hung up. The factory rod has no such lip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top