Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 10/26/2022 9:08:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steyraug45]
I recently purchased  an FNX-45 Tactical for $250, it was a range rental, their smith said all it needs is a recoil spring and a slide stop release spring. Want to replace all the springs in the gun for obvious reasons, is there any other internals I should replace as well. Keep in mind I have no idea on the round count.
Do I have to the springs individually or are they available as a complete set like for Glocks?

EDIT : Pick it up today, so it needed more the pre mentioned parts, tactually needs the front R & L rails, the unlocking block and horseshoe connector, slide stop, take down lever and trigger pin. I found all the parts at midwest gun works, however they're OOS on the rails and locking block.
anyone know where to pick those up?
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Midwest Gun Works is the best place to find parts for them, I think they have some sort of parts distribution deal with FN America.

You might try calling FN customer service; I've heard mixed reviews, but even if they won't sell you the parts they may offer to let you send it and recondition it for you.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#2]
FN customer service is a no go, They suggested MidWest, that's where I bought the replacement parts. However they are OOS on the unlock block, can't find it in stock anywhere right now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steyraug45:
FN customer service is a no go, They suggested MidWest, that's where I bought the replacement parts. However they are OOS on the unlock block, can't find it in stock anywhere right now.
View Quote

Sadly that’s the risk of a rental gun. Probably just gonna have to wait for them to come back in stock.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]
True, but paying $350 for a $1300 gun out weighs the the wait I think, at least I have all the parts but the lock block, but have a lead on one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steyraug45:
True, but paying $350 for a $1300 gun out weighs the the wait I think, at least I have all the parts but the lock block, but have a lead on one.
View Quote

Don’t get me wrong I would’ve taken that deal too every day and twice on Sunday. Hopefully you can find one sooner than they come in stock
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top