Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 11/23/2021 10:54:14 PM EDT
So, some of you may have seen my Gaston Glock is a shitbag post in GD. While the article I cited is kinda hit piece-ish, the facts are what they are. After a few days of thinking about it after reading, I can no longer own a product from a company run by a man who would do that to his family. My Glock 21 is to be sold.

Enter the FNX-45 Tactical!!

After much research, I felt the FNX-45 was the best pistol to upgrade from the Glock 21. The Sig P220, HK 45 and the CZ 97B were quality choices, but their smaller capacity than the 21 was not going to work for me. Capacity needed to be at least 12 to be in the ball park of the Glock. The Springfield XD was a respectable offering at 13 rounds, but I think by that point I really wanted a hammer fired pistol. The hunt for the FNX-45 began.

To my surprise, the LGS down the street from me had a black FNX-45 Tactical in stock. After a few mins holding and manipulating the pistol, I was honestly very impressed! The grip was perfect for me with the aggressive small backstrap. It is SMALLER than the Glock in my hands and felt very comfortable. Im convinced, with the 15 round mag capacity the grip size is only possibly by voodoo magic.

The DA trigger pull was sturdy, but not obnoxiously so. I can see how leaving it chambered in DA can be a help during a panic draw. Single Action is a super nice pull, though I did notice the reset was a smidge long. I dont think that will be an issue though. While I have hope that there will be a trigger option someday, I dont think Ill be too concerned.

Having always wanted a 1911, I am happy to have a hammer fired 45 with a crazy good 15+1 capacity. Ill eventually add a red dot I think, and Im already on Silencer Shop staring at 45 suppressors lol! I think John Moses Browning would approve of this FN!
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Great find!
FNP/FNX 45 tac is a shooter.
Possibly look at a HS 507 with vulcan reticle

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:08:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Redoubt99] [#2]
I dont understand the mentality that since someone at some company did something you have to sell off your stuff but I guess its one of those "you do you, Ill do me" things so good luck with that.

As for the Glock 21 Ive been a fan for YEARS. Love the things but when the FNX45 tactical showed up, well the 21 was kicked to the curb.
Optic ready, raised sights, great capacity, better in my hand, Better stock trigger, More accurate barrel, comes suppressor ready with threads, and just down right peanut Buttttaaaahhh colored goodness.
Im a Glock guy but for 45s the FNX reigns supreme for me.

Mines got a Liberty mystic can, a Trijicon rmr, and a surefire x300u, the ultimate go bump in the ranch handgun.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Redoubt99:
I dont understand the mentality that since someone at some company did something you have to sell off your stuff but I guess its one of those "you do you, Ill do me" things so good luck with that.

As for the Glock 21 Ive been a fan for YEARS. Love the things but when the FNX45 tactical showed up, well the 21 was kicked to the curb.
Optic ready, raised sights, great capacity, better in my hand, Better stock trigger, More accurate barrel, comes suppressor ready with threads, and just down right peanut Buttttaaaahhh colored goodness.
Im a Glock guy but for 45s the FNX reigns supreme for me.

Mines got a Liberty mystic can, a Trijicon rmr, and a surefire x300u, the ultimate go bump in the ranch handgun.
View Quote

Ive unfortunately got a family history of similar behavior to Mr Glocks treatment of his children and grandchildren. I totaly understand the sentiment of getting rid of my 21 due to it being an overreaction. Regardless of the products performance, I personally cannot support an individual like Mr Glock.

But, in doing so I stumbled across a 45 pistol that Im head and shoulders genuinely excited about!
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#4]
m&p 2.0 fde with thumb safety is also great. wish there was a mass exodus from glocks into traditional tried and true firearm form factors. glocks and the glock doctrine needs to go away.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top