Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 4/11/2023 6:06:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joe_sun]
I'm going with a meh for now. I love FN handguns but it looks to be around the Shield Plus sized and I already own 2 of those. Also the video review says the reset is so long he was short stroking the trigger, he actually says FTF but what he described was short stroking so that's not good. Also somewhat interesting that not every guntuber in the world has one up for review today. 1" thick, 3.1" barrel, 11rds for the "flush" and 15 for the extendo, to me it looks like the extendo is larger than the 13rd Shield Plus and looks like it's in Glock 17 sized territory but I didn't see any measurements or size comparisons.

I Carry: FN America Reflex 9 mm Pistol and ANR Design Holsters

https://fnamerica.com/pistols/reflex-series/
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/11/2023 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested in this gun, but will definitely need to see this up close instead of just ordering it online. I love FN guns and am hoping this is a home run. I too have the shield plus and love the way the gun shoots and feels, but I think it was miss for them not to put a rail on it when pretty much everyone else is doing so. I have no interest in the Recovery rail or the TLR-6 either. If the shield comes out with a railed version, I'd buy it. I don't care for the 365 and I'm not sold on the Hellcat as I keep hearing mixed reviews on it. This and the future HK SFP9cc have my interest. I'll be waiting for my local gun shop to get this in.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rh1030:
I'm interested in this gun, but will definitely need to see this up close instead of just ordering it online. I love FN guns and am hoping this is a home run. I too have the shield plus and love the way the gun shoots and feels, but I think it was miss for them not to put a rail on it when pretty much everyone else is doing so. I have no interest in the Recovery rail or the TLR-6 either. If the shield comes out with a railed version, I'd buy it. I don't care for the 365 and I'm not sold on the Hellcat as I keep hearing mixed reviews on it. This and the future HK SFP9cc have my interest. I'll be waiting for my local gun shop to get this in.
View Quote

The rail is the one thing that interests me on this as I don't love my TLR-6. Also going to have to see if anyone makes a light bearing holster for it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

The rail is the one thing that interests me on this as I don't love my TLR-6. Also going to have to see if anyone makes a light bearing holster for it.
View Quote

I thought the same thing. I would imagine holsters will take a little time, especially light bearing. I thought of switching to a hellcat or 365 for the rail, but I’m just going to carry my 509c MRD in the meantime. It’s not that big, just thicker and it does everything I want it to
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
It looks good and I like FN (have three of them) but I think I'll stick with my P365.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RikWriter:
It looks good and I like FN (have three of them) but I think I'll stick with my P365.
View Quote

I hear ya. I would probably stick with my Shield Plus, but I'd love to give this gun a try. Maybe it will change my mind!
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top