BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2023 11:24:19 AM EDT
Best commercial I've seen in years.

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty good commercial.  I hope that these are a big improvement over the previous models.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
That commercial makes me want to buy one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
FN has a long history of making new guns, then discontinuing them a few years later making it hard to get parts.
With the FNX45t on its way to the grave Ive decided to completely get away from FN entirely. No matter how awesome their new mush trigger striker guns are.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 12:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
A few years…..3. You don’t know what you’re talking about. The FNX series has been in production how many years? The FNS series was in production how many years? The 509 series has been in production how many years? It could be argued that the 509 series/platform is the flagship for the future of FN.

I see this parroted all the time. The FN 49 was garbage (on current standards) but at the time?

You also have to understand, people/personalities/positions/ideas change at a manufacturer.

Another thing is these guns don’t go from idea on a napkin to functional production in a week 😄
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:03:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: purple85gt] [#5]
dbl tap
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#6]
@Redoubt99 #crickets 😄
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:23:54 AM EDT
[#7]
LGS got both a 510 and 545 in. I want a 10MM but I also need a 45 in the safe. This be hard yo.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Redoubt99:
FN has a long history of making new guns, then discontinuing them a few years later making it hard to get parts.
With the FNX45t on its way to the grave Ive decided to completely get away from FN entirely. No matter how awesome their new mush trigger striker guns are.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
That commercial makes me want to buy one.
View Quote

Ab-so-lute-ly zero concern about this.  

FNX will be supported long into the future.

509 will be supported long into the future.

510 is in my future.

Doc
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:28:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:
LGS got both a 510 and 545 in. I want a 10MM but I also need a 45 in the safe. This be hard yo.
View Quote

You got that right !  

Same issue with me as well, good problem to have I guess
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By winddummy82:

View Quote

Not sure why this gets a cartoon face.  It's a known fact that FN makes good guns, then ends the line after a few years and goes to a completely different product line, with zero parts compatibility.

Even the FNP to FNX lineup in the .45 doesn't have compatible mags.  Compare that to any Glock, or Beretta or Sig that has the same mags from 40 years ago.  I have a FNP .45 Tac and love it, but I'm glad I ordered what I thought at the time were way too many mags, as they are hard to find now and expensive.

The 10mm version looks nice - but with the above issues, I'm sorry to see FN come out with a version in .45, and who knows, given their history, how long they will make or support the FNX .45.

Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 1stID:

Not sure why this gets a cartoon face.  It's a known fact that FN makes good guns, then ends the line after a few years and goes to a completely different product line, with zero parts compatibility.

Even the FNP to FNX lineup in the .45 doesn't have compatible mags.  Compare that to any Glock, or Beretta or Sig that has the same mags from 40 years ago.  I have a FNP .45 Tac and love it, but I'm glad I ordered what I thought at the time were way too many mags, as they are hard to find now and expensive.

The 10mm version looks nice - but with the above issues, I'm sorry to see FN come out with a version in .45, and who knows, given their history, how long they will make or support the FNX .45.

View Quote

Nope.  I'd be all over an APX mk2, but I already have tons of M9 mags.  NEVER had a part break on a pistol, but I consider mags as consumables.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top