Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2021 3:37:47 PM EDT
So I got a 509T for Christmas, and stuck a Deltapoint Pro on it easy peasy.

Buuuuuuuuuut, the iron sights are pretty low in the DPP window if I use traditional sighting methods.  As in maybe only half of the dots (front and rear) are above the plane of the bottom edge of the RDS window.

With that being said, do I zero with the red dot halfway down?  Right above the front sight?  Poked around in the RDS thread and looked online, but didn't see much.  Almost toying with the idea of removing front sight as getting the FSP in FOV methinks shots are gonna go seriously high, but everybody says FN puts the FSP on TIGHT.  Got a good pusher, but kinda don't want to mess with it.

I like a 25 yd. zero for my pistols, then do POI/POA drills from 3yds. and on out.

Typical picture, but this one is mine

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only got dots on four pistols (soon to be a fifth).

RMR (2), DP Pro (1), Holosun (1).  I zero the pistol (make screw adjustments) while holding the dot in the center of the lens.  The iron sights are below the red dot when the red dot is centered in the lens.  Some are closer (vertically) than others.

You're not going to be adjusting the fixed back up sights vertically and it's more natural to use the red dot with the dot centered in the lens vs. trying to hold it/aim it with the dot lower or higher.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Zero the DPP independent of the irons and visa versa. Put the dot in the center of the window when zeroing (not that it matters, just gives you the best fov).
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah.  This I can do.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep. These aren't rifles. You never slave the dot to the irons. They work independently.   The irons are there if your dot fails.

Google sage dynamics and read their paper on pistol optics.

We are issued trijicon rmrs and I have used their paper to argue points with admin on how we are doing things wrong.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Zero both independently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top