Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 11/4/2019 7:53:28 PM EDT
So with Colt coming out with new revolvers, I think it's time for a new snake in 10MM/40S&W.  Could be called Death Adder or Black Mamba !! Would this interest anyone ?
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So with Colt coming out with new revolvers, I think it's time for a new snake in 10MM/40S&W.  Could be called Death Adder or Black Mamba !! Would this interest anyone ?
View Quote
No!
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#2]
No.  Never understood the fascination with auto calibers in revolvers.  Requires moon clips or a convoluted extractor design.  If you want a 10mm revolver, buy a 41 Magnum.  Life will be much simpler.

None of the auto caliber revolvers have been a resounding success in the market.  It's a niche market most companies don't feel the need to fill.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
colt -  no

40/10mm revolvers-  no
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree that there is room for “new snake guns”.  I would prefer a “Mamba” in .45 ACP if the goal is a fast shooting moonclip platform.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#5]
No way.

A handgun auto loader cartridge advantage is a semi auto compromise.

Revolver cartridges are rimmed and have much more power to offer you can't reasonablely get in a autoloader without going nitch, expensive or much larger.

Why go full retard?
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I really like my old and new SW 610 pistols.  Don’t know about snake guns.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have three revolvers that chamber cartridges for automatics. A Colt Model 1917, a S&W Model 1917, and a S&W Model 625 of 1988. All three are chambered in .45 ACP and a hoot to shoot. I enjoy them and like the ability to shoot .45 ACP, .45 Auto Rim, and .45 GAP out of them. Yeah, you read that right. .45 GAP.....

The .45 Auto Rim is a .45 ACP cartridge with a rimmed case. So no moon clips are needed. Additionally, the case web is thicker so you can load .45 Auto Rim a bit spicier than .45 ACP. The .45 GAP is an added bonus because I get it for cheap and having 200gr Speer Gold Dot for less than five bucks a box ain't bad.

I'd like a revolver in 10mm and .40 S&W since I have a pile of both. I have my .41 Magnums, .44 Magnums, .45 Colts, .357 Magnums, and .38 Specials too. But I own guns because they put a smile on my face. I don't need a "reason" to justify them. I don't need to buy them because I have to have a "HD Gun" or a "Trunk/Truck Gun" or a "SHTF/Boogaloo Gun".

I like the novelty of some designs just because of the novelty. So having a moonclip fed revolver in 10mm and .40 S&W would be nice. The Ruger GP100 Match has issues with .40 S&W and the current generation S&W Model 610 has the damn lock. So it would be nice if Colt released a gun similar to a the 610, but without the damn lock.
View Quote
The only issue I have had with my GP100 10mm is shooting .40 with the Ruger moonclips. About 1 rd out of six will not ignite. TKC moonclips have made it %100 reliable with .40.
It’s become my favorite revolver, and I have quite a few. For what they are going for, I think they are a great value.

Eta, totally agree with your philosophy on why I own certain guns.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The only issue I have had with my GP100 10mm is shooting .40 with the Ruger moonclips. About 1 rd out of six will not ignite. TKC moonclips have made it %100 reliable with .40.
It’s become my favorite revolver, and I have quite a few. For what they are going for, I think they are a great value.

Eta, totally agree with your philosophy on why I own certain guns.
View Quote
I have a number of friends that own a 625.  Their experience has been that there are three types of moon clips; those that are too thin, those that are too thick, and those that are just right.  It's been a trial and error process for most of them.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top