Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2019 1:01:04 AM EDT
With the new Cobra & King Cobra out, and the new Python on the way can a new Diamondback 22lr. be far behind?

I'd like to see a new .22lr. stainless Diamondback with adjustable sights and a 4" barrel.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:00:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh shit, I'd better get off my ass and sell mine before they start making new ones and the price drops.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:32:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Eh... 22 doesn't do much for me...  But I wouldn't mind having another in .38... One for each hip!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Both nice Diamondbacks.

I came within 2 feet of getting one at a gunshow in the late 90's. The gent next to me was checking it out & I was saying to myself..."put it down and walk away". But it didn't.

I don't the new "Snakes" will take anything away from the Legacy pistols since Colt has a new lock-work inside & changed the trigger guards on the King Cobras to make them different.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh shit, I'd better get off my ass and sell mine before they start making new ones and the price drops.
View Quote
Not selling mine.  

Much like the new King Cobra & Python, the clockwork would have to be changed on a new Diamondback. This wouldn't affect the value on the older models, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt would be wise to build a quality 22lr revolver IMHO.  Only real game out there is the Smith 617.  I’ve got a 38 Diamondback and I do like it.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:58:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I've always liked the .22 Diamondbacks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I absolutely detest stainless, so a classic blued version for me. Figure a way to make it 10 shot to compete with the 617. ( which is sadly only available in that horrid stainless- if smith would make a 4” 10 shot BLUE mountain gun I would be in!)
It seems everyone puts out stainless anymore. Smith has had some interesting guns ( 617, 986, etc) but only stainless!
I lived for many years in Avery humid area and never had rust issues on a blued gun, and am not fussy with maintenance so see no need for stainless and a blued gun even when it develops finish wear over time, to be far more appealing visually than that stainless.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top