Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]
@DOE

I only have a little over 100 rounds suppressed through it so far and don't see any.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Finally brought an M9A4 home.  Very nice step above the M9A3 and I love the new frame coloring.  Really like the new grip designs too.  Trigger is very nice in single, double seems about like the M9A3.  G-style decocker setup will be a new thing to learn but nothing major.

RDO mount is neat, not sure if I'll end up putting anything on it yet.  Seems like it would ruin the sexy Italian-American curves.  

I'm more tickled than when I got the M9A3.  Hopefully shooting it is as rewarding.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Bereli has M9A4s for $875 shipped.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve never had an RMR and I’m thinking about slapping one on this pistol. Can anyone recommend me a particular model? I’ve got a 407k, 507C and Romeo 1 pro. I haven’t sent for the plate yet and I’m open to something different.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never had an RMR and I'm thinking about slapping one on this pistol. Can anyone recommend me a particular model? I've got a 407k, 507C and Romeo 1 pro. I haven't sent for the plate yet and I'm open to something different.
View Quote
I have a Beretta 92x Centurion out at Langdon right now, getting his magic performed.  With his slide cut,mine's getting the RM04, dual illumination.

Why not consider the optic that the Marines chose for their M9's.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/rm05-c-700189

Pretty rugged, and never batteries.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a Beretta 92x Centurion out at Langdon right now, getting his magic performed.  With his slide cut,mine's getting the RM04, dual illumination.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've never had an RMR and I'm thinking about slapping one on this pistol. Can anyone recommend me a particular model? I've got a 407k, 507C and Romeo 1 pro. I haven't sent for the plate yet and I'm open to something different.

Having used both the dual illuminated RMR and the battery powered ones with manual override buttons I'd recommend either the latter or an SRO. The batteries last long enough that they really aren't a concern, especially if you actually turn the optic off. Even if you don't, you'll probably clean the pistol at least once a year and replacing the battery only takes a few seconds.

The dual illum models are pretty decent but will run into certain conditions that allow the dot to wash out. The battery models do too, but you can manually override the auto-brightness.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Having used both the dual illuminated RMR and the battery powered ones with manual override buttons I'd recommend either the latter or an SRO. The batteries last long enough that they really aren't a concern, especially if you actually turn the optic off. Even if you don't, you'll probably clean the pistol at least once a year and replacing the battery only takes a few seconds.

The dual illum models are pretty decent but will run into certain conditions that allow the dot to wash out. The battery models do too, but you can manually override the auto-brightness.

View Quote

My experience as well.  Too many limitations with the dual illum RMR models for me.  I dumped it and went to the 06.  Zero regrets.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you all for the advice. I pick up my M9A4 Thursday. It’s sitting at my FFL waiting for me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
A black m9a4 woud be cool
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A black m9a4 woud be cool
View Quote

The 92X RDO is essentially a black M9A4, minus the threaded barrel, night sights, and case. Certainly not $400 worth of upgrades.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:

The 92X RDO is essentially a black M9A4, minus the threaded barrel, night sights, and case. Certainly not $400 worth of upgrades.
View Quote

A jarvis threaded barrel is $337 (plus shipping and tax at checkout)to backorder with the options I selected and night sights can easily cost over $100.
Might do that for a black 92x but I would rather buy a pistol that comes with a factory threaded barrel when possible so I will hold out a while for a black m9a4.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

The M9A4 comes with three FDE mags vs. two black the 92X comes with, it also has the M9A4 designation.
(Beretta was out of stock on the mags when I purchased, so they will email a code for two FDE mags free when in stock, so I got black mags with FDE floor plates)
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

A jarvis threaded barrel is $337 (plus shipping and tax at checkout)to backorder with the options I selected and night sights can easily cost over $100.
Might do that for a black 92x but I would rather buy a pistol that comes with a factory threaded barrel when possible so I will hold out a while for a black m9a4.
View Quote

A factory threaded 92 barrel is $200, but once you add night sights for $100-$160 and the extra mag for $20 it really is closer than I thought.

Though I still wonder if they’ll do it now since they’ve pushed the 92X features so close to the A series guns. I believe the black M9A3 predates the 92X but could be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The M9A4 comes with three FDE mags vs. two black the 92X comes with, it also has the M9A4 designation.
(Beretta was out of stock on the mags when I purchased, so they will email a code for two FDE mags free when in stock, so I got black mags with FDE floor plates)
View Quote

How long have you been waiting for that email out of curiosity? I'm at 3 months.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How long have you been waiting for that email out of curiosity? I'm at 3 months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m only at one month, but have my hopes up still.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

No argument there.  I only use the dual illuminated models but I have an astigmatism so it's the only dot that is clear to me.  The only battery powered dots that work for me are red Eotechs.  Green Eotechs and all other red dots I've tried look messy for me... either a starburst or a smear.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I just want to know where you can buy those 18 round magazines from since WA has an incoming ban coming July 1st so I need to buy now. They're even out of stock at my usual go to GunMag Warehouse that I just last week ordered Butler Creek 10/22 mags and Bulgarian steel-reinforced AK mags.z
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Greg Cote.

Google please, I don't have a link handy
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just want to know where you can buy those 18 round magazines from since WA has an incoming ban coming July 1st so I need to buy now. They're even out of stock at my usual go to GunMag Warehouse that I just last week ordered Butler Creek 10/22 mags and Bulgarian steel-reinforced AK mags.z
View Quote

Gunmag Whorehouse has a great selection, but their prices are usually kind of high.

I ordered a dozen from Lanbo's right after the SOTU when Biden announced his intentions to ban mags that are not of an arbitrarily restricted capacity. Ordinarily when other state bans are announced I try to hold off on mag purchases to let dudes like you stock up because I can do so after your ban goes into effect.

This is a good place to start looking. When you order a dozen mags at a time, $10 difference per mag adds up quick.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you’re willing to refinish or hunt down FDE base plates, CDNN has them for $22.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/beretta-92f-18rd-9mm-magazine-bulk-packaged.html

I’ll eventually be replacing my base plates with extended aluminum models in FDE.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#21]
I love my m9a3 best shooter I have.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#22]
My M9A4 with 92FS. Waiting for more money and to see if the ACRO P2 in FDE comes out.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 2:56:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone have any recommendations for mid-rise holsters for these with optics?  I wish Safariland would make a 6354RDS for these but not yet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Anybody run a SRO on their M9A4? Does it cause malfunctions or wear and tear on the optic?
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anybody run a SRO on their M9A4? Does it cause malfunctions or wear and tear on the optic?
View Quote
I'm running the RMR dual illumination, no wear on the optic.
Are you referring to holster wear?
Malfunctions, no...not with the optic or pistol.

Not sure if I understand your question.

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm running the RMR dual illumination, no wear on the optic.
Are you referring to holster wear?
Malfunctions, no...not with the optic or pistol.

Not sure if I understand your question.
http://i.imgur.com/J6E1oEjl.jpg?1
View Quote

Many say since the elongated front of the SRO hangs over the ejection port that it could cause problems. As in ejecting onto the glass or causing a malfunction.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Many say since the elongated front of the SRO hangs over the ejection port that it could cause problems. As in ejecting onto the glass or causing a malfunction.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/46983/693EC974-0676-4707-9D9A-C25B7C4B7264_jpe-2503103.JPG
View Quote
Gotcha!  

I've seen Ernest Langdon running an SRO on his blaster.
Don't know how that translates to the M9A4 vs. his mount.
I have the 92X RDO full size as well, with the factory plates.
Looking at your picture, I understand the question now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone heard anything about Beretta making good on the magazines? I registered way back when.but haven't gotten any updates.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Has anyone heard anything about Beretta making good on the magazines? I registered way back when.but haven't gotten any updates.
View Quote

Lol no. I bought mine in March and haven't heard anything.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine was in May, was just wondering if any of you earlier guys had heard anything.

I've had a 92FS for a very long time, so I've stacked the mags deep, but a few more never hurts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone have any recommendations for mid-rise holsters for these with optics?  I wish Safariland would make a 6354RDS for these but not yet.
View Quote

My M9A4 fits well in my Blackhawk T-series L2C for my P320.

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Done with my M9A4 just waiting on my phlster holster.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
That looks awesome
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That looks awesome
View Quote

Thanks man hopefully I’ll get to zero it this weekend. I was originally going to go with the ACRO p2 but they are unobtainium.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#35]
What size dot did you get?
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 2:01:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:04:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wish my eyes would accept a smaller dot.
The Centurion I sent to Langdon got the 7moa Dual Illumination in orange.  So far it has been stellar, and in my opinion, does not wash out as described by so many.
At times outdoors, I do have to apply a target paster to the light collector, as it can be too bright.

I sent my carry gun, a Springfield RO Elite, out to CHPWS for direct milling.  Went with the 6.5 RMRcc on that.

Get out and shoot it, I'd like to see your grouping, and thoughts!

PS>
Your gun needs a set of these

Brown Veloce's
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#38]
My first Beretta. Waiting on my free optic plate.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wish my eyes would accept a smaller dot.
The Centurion I sent to Langdon got the 7moa Dual Illumination in orange.  So far it has been stellar, and in my opinion, does not wash out as described by so many.
At times outdoors, I do have to apply a target paster to the light collector, as it can be too bright.

I sent my carry gun, a Springfield RO Elite, out to CHPWS for direct milling.  Went with the 6.5 RMRcc on that.

Get out and shoot it, I'd like to see your grouping, and thoughts!

PS>
Your gun needs a set of these

Brown Veloce's
View Quote

I’m lucky that I’ve got great eyes.  Got lasik in the army about 12 years ago. Your centurion does look a lot cleaner with Langdon job. Those grips do look wicked for sure.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My first Beretta. Waiting on my free optic plate.
https://i.ibb.co/8cctbtf/43-FECBF4-74-CE-4349-9476-388-AA5-B94460.jpg
View Quote

Which optic are you going with?
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm lucky that I've got great eyes.  Got lasik in the army about 12 years ago. Your centurion does look a lot cleaner with Langdon job. Those grips do look wicked for sure.
View Quote

Those grips are worth every penny.
The Veloce are their most aggressive, and the Bogies are less-aggressive.
I have both ;
Bogies on my full size 92x RDO.... The same tan as shown in the link for the Veloce.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Which optic are you going with?
View Quote

Going with a green Holosun 507C with the ACSS reticle.  Got them on a few of my CZ’s and Staccato and really like them.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Got my M9A4 zeroed yesterday, such a fun gun. Brought out my Sig 226 RXP with Romeo 1 pro to compare both. I shot both about the same. Forgot to take pics of the groups because my 21A blew up with cci mini mags. The recoil spring, lever and plunger fell out of the grip. There’s still a case missing the head in the chamber. I put it back together and the safety doesn’t engage anymore. Sent an email to beretta yesterday. We’ll see what they say.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Mine was in May, was just wondering if any of you earlier guys had heard anything.

I've had a 92FS for a very long time, so I've stacked the mags deep, but a few more never hurts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still waiting on mine also, bought 4-5 months ago.

I keep checking their online store to see if they are selling them but haven’t seen them yet.

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I checked the Beretta website today, they showed "in stock" I never got an e-mail, contacted Beretta, they are sending my FDE M9A4 mags and I should have them in 5-7 days i'm told. They provided an order number also.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-accessories/handguns/magazines/beretta-m9a4-9mm-18-round-magazine-fde-baseplate/
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I checked the Beretta website today, they showed "in stock" I never got an e-mail, contacted Beretta, they are sending my FDE M9A4 mags and I should have them in 5-7 days i'm told. They provided an order number also.

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-accessories/handguns/magazines/beretta-m9a4-9mm-18-round-magazine-fde-baseplate/
View Quote

I emailed them, I will see what happens. I had to follow up on my optics plate but they took care of it pretty quick.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I emailed them, I will see what happens. I had to follow up on my optics plate but they took care of it pretty quick.
View Quote

Here is my update:

I received my  three FDE mags from beretta, but they are BLACK with FDE baseplates.
I called beretta and was told the picture/description online was wrong and should have been changed, they told me to keep the mags and I will still receive the FDE mags when or if they ever become available.

I guess we still wait.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Here is my update:

I received my  three FDE mags from beretta, but they are BLACK with FDE baseplates.
I called beretta and was told the picture/description online was wrong and should have been changed, they told me to keep the mags and I will still receive the FDE mags when or if they ever become available.

I guess we still wait.
View Quote

So, 3 free magazines...kinda jealous now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Here is my update:

I guess we still wait.
View Quote

Were you expecting the silver finish on the body? AFAIK all of the 18 round magazines are made by Mec-Gar and have the black anti-friction coating on the bodies. The pic on Beretta's webstore looks like one of their PB stamped house brand 15 round M9A3 magazines, especially when you look at the baseplate. I think they may have just recycled the photo.

The 18 rounder that came with my M9A4 has an FDE baseplate of the same shape as the black 18 rd Mec-Gars but with a round instead of a rectangular hole to retain the baseplate, and obviously the FDE baseplate.

Gunmag Whorehouse has a listing for them, but they've never been in stock and have no photo.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 3:22:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Were you expecting the silver finish on the body? AFAIK all of the 18 round magazines are made by Mec-Gar and have the black anti-friction coating on the bodies. The pic on Beretta's webstore looks like one of their PB stamped house brand 15 round M9A3 magazines, especially when you look at the baseplate. I think they may have just recycled the photo.

The 18 rounder that came with my M9A4 has an FDE baseplate of the same shape as the black 18 rd Mec-Gars but with a round instead of a rectangular hole to retain the baseplate, and obviously the FDE baseplate.

Gunmag Whorehouse has a listing for them, but they've never been in stock and have no photo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is my update:

I guess we still wait.

The M9A4 should have come with three 18rnd FDE MAGAZINES, with FDE baseplates, this is what we are waiting for.

The email they sent me stated my gun came with one FDE mag and two black ones, and they would send out two more FDE mags when available, but mine had three black mags with FDE baseplates, so they will be sending the FDE mags when they become available.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top