User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If anyone is looking to sell the humped grip, I’m buying
View Quote

You can have my hump grip.  I'll never use it.  I'll send you a PM.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Well done, OP, this is on my short list.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If anyone is looking to sell the humped grip, I’m buying

Very generous of you man!
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I want one of these in a bad way. I had no idea Beretta came out with an A4, I follow them on Farcebook and saw a post about it. I love the fact that it has the decocker and not the standard safety. Even though I have a pistol can I’m glad it doesn’t have those huge suppressor height sights. I would end up putting an optic  on it anyway.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Got the only holster I could find. Universal holster but I like it alot.

Link Posted: 11/27/2021 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you, @Zeebz !  The hump grip arrived and I love it!
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thank you, @Zeebz !  The hump grip arrived and I love it!
View Quote

Yessir!
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I got my Free optic code today finally. Check your emails, hopefully yours came.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 9:08:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got my Free optic code today finally. Check your emails, hopefully yours came.
View Quote

My promo code came today as well. Ordered the Burris/Doctor/Vortex plate.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice! When did you "apply" for it?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nice! When did you "apply" for it?
View Quote

Oct 11th.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oct 11th.
View Quote

Damn, I got some time then
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Still waiting on mine!
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Just received an e-mail notification that my free RDO plate has shipped as of today.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just received an e-mail notification that my free RDO plate has shipped as of today.
View Quote

Lucky!
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 12:59:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same, will be here Saturday finally. I will go shoot if not to late.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Those of you with the free RDO plate, did you buy the M9A4?  I got a 92x RDO and when I registered online there was no mention of and no email about a free plate.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 1:26:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Those of you with the free RDO plate, did you buy the M9A4?  I got a 92x RDO and when I registered online there was no mention of and no email about a free plate.
View Quote

Yes bought m9a4, after registering on Beretta site they sent an email saying how to get the plate code.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#19]
It's here!

It's not much taller than my G41, I kind of like it a little taller but well see at the range.

Link Posted: 12/11/2021 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Same, will be here Saturday finally. I will go shoot if not to late.
View Quote

My plate arrived Wednesday.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I claimed mine Nov 3rd...should I be concerned that it's been radio silence since using the code?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:16:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Does the plate need to be that thick?  Easy job for a machinist to thin it out a bit?
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#23]
I was thinking of sending the slide on my wilson combat beretta to get milled, but between the cost of that and buying a threaded barrel, I might as well just get one of these instead. That's my rationale anyways.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Finally found one in stock locally. $999.99
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:49:30 AM EDT
[#26]
I cannot believe Beretta dropped the ball on those optic plates... They're too thick and too tall. I've never cared personally if an optic sits "high" perse, but they could have done a much better job. People are also apparently having issues depending on which optic they're running and causing malfunctions due to being so close to the ejection port and ejection pattern.

Langdon's solution IS the way, but I'm assuming it's too cost prohibitive to have gone a route like that, also considering its either an RDO or not, no option like these, and I'm pretty sure LTT patented their solution and Beretta is SOL on that one.

Either way, wish they had gone back to the drawing board instead of releasing this...

I literally dont think there is any difference between their optic plate height and just running one of the old, dovetailed mounts that Beretta owners are so used to.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I cannot believe Beretta dropped the ball on those optic plates... They're too thick and too tall. I've never cared personally if an optic sits "high" perse, but they could have done a much better job. People are also apparently having issues depending on which optic they're running and causing malfunctions due to being so close to the ejection port and ejection pattern.

Langdon's solution IS the way, but I'm assuming it's too cost prohibitive to have gone a route like that, also considering its either an RDO or not, no option like these, and I'm pretty sure LTT patented their solution and Beretta is SOL on that one.

Either way, wish they had gone back to the drawing board instead of releasing this...

I literally dont think there is any difference between their optic plate height and just running one of the old, dovetailed mounts that Beretta owners are so used to.
View Quote

The Beretta slide doesn't have a ton of meat to cut into to mount an optic. They are pretty low profile to begin with.

I also find it odd that in addition to the 10 round model they offer a 15 and 18 round version; if there's an 18 round version available then who wants the 15? They also seem to want $100 more for the 18 round version.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#28]
I did see a video that claims Holosuns won’t work. Apparently Holosun uses the same footprint, but different depths, so the screws won’t work in the Beretta plates. Not sure if it’s valid or not, but worth calling out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Really boils down to what you want. I like striker fire for carry guns but prefer DA/SA for service sized guns. I think the 92 shoots better than the G17, but the G17 has a better aftermarket and is a bit simpler of a design.

Myself however, I’d walk past a crate of G17’s for a good 92.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

There’s not really a ball to drop.  The slide is curved on the top plus has the FPB moving up and down.

There’s limited room if you go forward of the rear sight dovetail.

The optic needs a flat plate to mount on.

It takes fairly extensive more extensive work to make it even a mm or two shorter.

Some designs / models are just much more amenable for mounting optics to the slide.

Some guns are, say, like a Toyota 4Runner or FJ Cruiser or X-Terra and very easy to put a rack/tent on the roof.
The 92 series is more like a Wrangler.  It’s a little more complicated setting up a rack/putting a tent on the roof.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The Beretta slide doesn't have a ton of meat to cut into to mount an optic. They are pretty low profile to begin with.

I also find it odd that in addition to the 10 round model they offer a 15 and 18 round version; if there's an 18 round version available then who wants the 15? They also seem to want $100 more for the 18 round version.
View Quote

They still make 10 round versions for legacy ban states.
There are some states that have come out with 15 round pistol mag limits, I believe Colorado and Vermont at this time, but more we’re trying.
So Beretta makes 15 round options.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

There’s not really a ball to drop.  The slide is curved on the top plus has the FPB moving up and down.

There’s limited room if you go forward of the rear sight dovetail.

The optic needs a flat plate to mount on.

It takes fairly extensive more extensive work to make it even a mm or two shorter.

Some designs / models are just much more amenable for mounting optics to the slide.

Some guns are, say, like a Toyota 4Runner or FJ Cruiser or X-Terra and very easy to put a rack/tent on the roof.
The 92 series is more like a Wrangler.  It’s a little more complicated setting up a rack/putting a tent on the roof.
View Quote

It’s also worth noting that the IDPA nationals were just won with a factory RDO gun, higher mount and all. Not to mention people have been running even higher mounts in open on 2011’s for decades now. Most of the complaints are purely aesthetic, they just don’t want to admit it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It’s also worth noting that the IDPA nationals were just won with a factory RDO gun, higher mount and all. Not to mention people have been running even higher mounts in open on 2011’s for decades now. Most of the complaints are purely aesthetic, they just don’t want to admit it.
View Quote

92X Defensive?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

92X Defensive?
View Quote

This is the pistol JJ Racaza won SSP with.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey Olds! Never get tired watching your IG videos, but I miss the Baer content…

The complaint people have with the high mount is definitely more about cosmetics than operability. I just wish Beretta could have been a bit more innovative, as Langdon has been. There have also been reported issues of certain dots obstructing ejection pattern and causing malfunctions due to how far forward the plate sits.

It’s not terrible, I personally just think a company of their stature could have done a better job. I’ll still have one eventually, the LTTs take up most of my time now though.

Also I would argue though that the higher dot adds to perceived recoil due to the higher reciprocating weight/mass. Now will it makes a perceivable difference to me in competition? Probably not, nor did it for JJ Racaza.

So, In reality it’s probably not a legit gripe to have…I just find it -not as good- as Langdons solution. But as stated above, his is a dedicated RDO, and can’t run it without a dot without their being a big hole there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hey Olds! Never get tired watching your IG videos, but I miss the Baer content…

The complaint people have with the high mount is definitely more about cosmetics than operability. I just wish Beretta could have been a bit more innovative, as Langdon has been. There have also been reported issues of certain dots obstructing ejection pattern and causing malfunctions due to how far forward the plate sits.

It’s not terrible, I personally just think a company of their stature could have done a better job. I’ll still have one eventually, the LTTs take up most of my time now though.

Also I would argue though that the higher dot adds to perceived recoil due to the higher reciprocating weight/mass. Now will it makes a perceivable difference to me in competition? Probably not, nor did it for JJ Racaza.

So, In reality it’s probably not a legit gripe to have…I just find it -not as good- as Langdons solution. But as stated above, his is a dedicated RDO, and can’t run it without a dot without their being a big hole there.
View Quote

Oh I deleted my Instagram and only ever did photos of my own gear so probably wasn’t me.

I really do agree though. I’d have rather had a thinner steel plate really, and I hope someone comes to market with one. I can’t blame someone for choosing one over the other on the LTT versus Beretta solutions. I chose the Beretta solution just to retain factory parts, but chances of those parts breaking either way are probably zero.

Getting a dot for my RDO is a bit down my priority list so I won’t even be able to offer my direct opinion. I can say using a C-More on a dust cover mount on a Para decades ago I had no trouble compared to the modern approaches.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:01:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, there is some minor complication to knowing offsets at some basic ranges.

But to be honest, even a decade ago the small target areas surrounded by no shoots, real far small shots, etc. we’re nothing like they are now.

I have one of my 92 series with an optic.

Sure, there are some slight advantages to lower.

But I doubt 90plus percent of us could really realize them.

Somebody that wins a national level production, SSP, CCO type event -
In all reality-
Probably could have done it with a CZ OR a Beretta, a Glock or a SIg, etc.

Hell, a Canik as well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:17:18 AM EDT
[#38]
For those of you who have received your optic plates if you have a Trijicon which plate did you receive there's one with Item# EUS03052 and another with Item# E03052 please confirm which one you received thanks. At this point Im willing to pay the $30 for the plate tired of waiting on the code.
https://i.postimg.cc/3J9MqKmg/66424421009-326-EF0-E7-640-C-4150-AA29-0-EF69486-EF03.jpg
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have a set of M9A4 wrap arounds they’re not using? Beretta only has the M9A3 grips on their website.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's on my to buy list. I'm only concerned about how high the red dot sits. Back up irons aren't really going to be a thing on this one.

Granted I can't say I ever use my irons on my current pistols.

Personally I'd like a px4 milled for a red dot as well. I know Langdon makes them I just haven't ordered one or found one.
View Quote

Get a Langdon. I got one and the optic sits lower then it does on the A4.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 1:04:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Has anyone noticed any quality issues? Been noticing a bunch in the reviews on the Beretta site and other sites. Pitting in barrels, poor machining in general, etc. Worries me, but at the same time I can't even find one! Need the 15rd model being in CO, which I'm sure there aren't a lot of to begin with.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 1:55:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Has anyone noticed any quality issues? Been noticing a bunch in the reviews on the Beretta site and other sites. Pitting in barrels, poor machining in general, etc. Worries me, but at the same time I can't even find one! Need the 15rd model being in CO, which I'm sure there aren't a lot of to begin with.
View Quote

Ive had no issues so far machining is clean no QC issues . My gun only shipped with 1 15rd magazine and 2 10 round mags it had a card inside the box saying they would send me a code for the other 2 15 round mags when they became available in March.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 1:53:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a November 2021 production 92X RDO. It hasn’t been wiped down so any smudges you see are on me. Considering you can see towel lint on my counter but not any machine marks, I’d say it looks pretty damn good.

The only flaw I’ve found on mine is whatever finish they use doesn’t stick the the chrome lining on the crown very well, or they just didn’t know where to stop the chrome. They should have taped it up, but won’t matter after a couple range sessions. (Sorry for the bad resolution, had to zoom in).

Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#44]
FYI Just talked to Beretta CS again. The RDO plate code is up to "mid November" registration dates. They claim to have another batch coming in "this week or next week."

Just checked their website, the RDO Plate for Trijicon cut is totally gone now. Wonder if its getting changed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
FYI Just talked to Beretta CS again. The RDO plate code is up to "mid November" registration dates. They claim to have another batch coming in "this week or next week."

Just checked their website, the RDO Plate for Trijicon cut is totally gone now. Wonder if its getting changed.
View Quote

There's 2 different part numbers for Trijicon one is sold out. The other the newest one shows instock with a ship date of tomorrow. The actual numbers are the same the letters preceding the number differ. EUS03052 is the new part number. E03052 is the old out of stock number.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is a November 2021 production 92X RDO. It hasn’t been wiped down so any smudges you see are on me. Considering you can see towel lint on my counter but not any machine marks, I’d say it looks pretty damn good.

https://i.ibb.co/0frv99B/9-A3-A360-E-D628-4419-B917-47-F0-DF66280-D.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/wgGdw4P/2044-A81-A-BAC1-4154-B03-E-C7-EC2-F97-B6-B8.jpg

The only flaw I’ve found on mine is whatever finish they use doesn’t stick the the chrome lining on the crown very well, or they just didn’t know where to stop the chrome. They should have taped it up, but won’t matter after a couple range sessions. (Sorry for the bad resolution, had to zoom in).

https://i.ibb.co/zXRmVpb/A492099-D-DDEC-4-D5-D-AF6-B-8-C2815-D044-E0.jpg
View Quote

Glad to hear. Now hopefully I can find one locally.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There's 2 different part numbers for Trijicon one is sold out. The other the newest one shows instock with a ship date of tomorrow. The actual numbers are the same the letters preceding the number differ. EUS03052 is the new part number. E03052 is the old out of stock number.
View Quote

I can confirm that Optic plate Part# EUS03052 is the new part# for Trijicon plate and is instock on the Beretta site.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I can confirm that Optic plate Part# EUS03052 is the new part# for Trijicon plate and is instock on the Beretta site.
https://i.postimg.cc/QHbnDFp8/IMG-0552.jpg
View Quote

That is one bad mamma jamma!
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hey Olds! Never get tired watching your IG videos, but I miss the Baer content

It's not terrible, I personally just think a company of their stature could have done a better job. I'll still have one eventually, the LTTs take up most of my time now though.

So, In reality it's probably not a legit gripe to haveI just find it -not as good- as Langdons solution. But as stated above, his is a dedicated RDO, and can't run it without a dot without their being a big hole there.
View Quote
My complaints aren't cosmetic at all. I want co witnessed sights. I don't don't they make backup sights high enough to clear these plates. I've had quality, expensive equipment fail. I want a secondary system personally. Maybe Dawson Precison cam make a custom set. Installed on the gun, I don't think the plates look too bad.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My complaints aren't cosmetic at all. I want co witnessed sights. I don't don't they make backup sights high enough to clear these plates. I've had quality, expensive equipment fail. I want a secondary system personally. Maybe Dawson Precison cam make a custom set. Installed on the gun, I don't think the plates look too bad.
View Quote

Didn’t even think of that, surprised they didn’t consider this either. Personally I don’t run BUIS on my RDS pistols, whether they be for competition or CCW use.

However I get that’s a personal decision and I’m in the minority there. Another reason to go LTT.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top