Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I finally figured out how to post pictures with Imgur

Link Posted: 1/4/2018 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
^^^ Interesting thanks for the pics

I have an Italian m9a3 being delivered tomorrow I will report back with my findings
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd love to add the M9a3 to my stable one of these days, still enjoy my old 92 as much as ever!! Sucks to hear about turnover but doesn't surprise me as I'm in the manufacturing field and it's everywhere. I would love to work at beretta!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#4]
That's horrible looking. Worst one I've seen I think.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Do the Italy made guns have a different model designation? I was browsing around looking for any in stock M9A3 really and got confused.

J92M9A3M (Italy) vs JS92M9A3M (US) ?

Sorry, new to Beretta and I’m sure that’s a stupid question.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes,  the model numbers you listed are correct.  Additionally, if you replace the last M with a G, it will be the decocker only model.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Got my Italian model today and it looks great very happy .... No finish blems or chips I have found yet .... Super smooth action as well

Link Posted: 1/5/2018 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks great,
I have 2 options with mine now.
Beretta sent an email with a prepaid ups shipping label.  My concern is, if they consider it only cosmetic,  they won't fix it under warranty and will charge me for looking at it, and shipping.  
Or
The store I bought it from is trying get hold of Beretta to have one ordered directly to them to replace mine,  and they are also calling their other stores to see if they have any they can ship to their store.

What would you guys do?
Take your chances with Beretta,  or keep dealing with the store?
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks great,
I have 2 options with mine now.
Beretta sent an email with a prepaid ups shipping label.  My concern is, if they consider it only cosmetic,  they won't fix it under warranty and will charge me for looking at it, and shipping.  
Or
The store I bought it from is trying get hold of Beretta to have one ordered directly to them to replace mine,  and they are also calling their other stores to see if they have any they can ship to their store.

What would you guys do?
Take your chances with Beretta,  or keep dealing with the store?
View Quote
I would make Beretta fix it on their dime. They are puting out inconsistent quality and the only way that will change is if people bring it to their attention. $900+ for shoddy quality is not acceptable.  If they give you push back about paying just tell them that word is spreading about the poor fit & finish issues, and that Glocks and M&Ps have more consistent quality at half the price...they should be more than happy to pay for repairs after mentioning those points.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a TN m9a3 about a month ago. Didn't give it a detailed once over until last night. Luckily I don't see any of the problems others have found.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I would make Beretta fix it on their dime. They are puting out inconsistent quality and the only way that will change is if people bring it to their attention. $900+ for shoddy quality is not acceptable.  If they give you push back about paying just tell them that word is spreading about the poor fit & finish issues, and that Glocks and M&Ps have more consistent quality at half the price...they should be more than happy to pay for repairs after mentioning those points.
View Quote
At this time, I think my last resort will be to deal with Beretta directly. The store has stepped up and has been working with me on taking care of the issue. Even though Beretta has sent me a prepaid label, I could still be stuck with cost that I don't want to pay. I agree that they should pay to fix their mistake, but unless I get written confirmation up front, I really don't want to take my chances of incurring additional costs. I did talk to a the store employee today and he stated they are expecting an Italian model to arrive on one of the next delivery trucks. Unfortunately he couldn't tell me if it would be this week or next, but it should be soon. (Hopefully it is in great condition)
He has been trying to order one from Beretta directly and tell them about their QC issues, but Beretta has been off work due to the holiday, burst water pipes, inclement weather etc... The store employee even told me that he would order me a G model if they were in stock to replace my M model.

I have liked the M9A3 since it was released but Beretta's QC is sub par. I have an older 92FS that still looks great, even after using it for some 3 gun comps. I'll keep everyone posted on how this turns out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

At this time, I think my last resort will be to deal with Beretta directly. The store has stepped up and has been working with me on taking care of the issue. Even though Beretta has sent me a prepaid label, I could still be stuck with cost that I don't want to pay. I agree that they should pay to fix their mistake, but unless I get written confirmation up front, I really don't want to take my chances of incurring additional costs. I did talk to a the store employee today and he stated they are expecting an Italian model to arrive on one of the next delivery trucks. Unfortunately he couldn't tell me if it would be this week or next, but it should be soon. (Hopefully it is in great condition)
He has been trying to order one from Beretta directly and tell them about their QC issues, but Beretta has been off work due to the holiday, burst water pipes, inclement weather etc... The store employee even told me that he would order me a G model if they were in stock to replace my M model.

I have liked the M9A3 since it was released but Beretta's QC is sub par. I have an older 92FS that still looks great, even after using it for some 3 gun comps. I'll keep everyone posted on how this turns out.
View Quote
Glad to hear the store is taking care of you! It is a great pistol. I really wouldn't be surprised if Beretta moves to a better FDE finish on this pistol, cerakote was never known for wear resistance. Colt ditched the cerakote on their M45A1 pistol due to cerakote wearing easily, their M45 now comes with an ion bond FDE finish.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Update/Solution
The store recieved a new Italian M9A3 in today and put it to the side for me.  After work,  I headed up and checked it out. The serial number is actually 174 less than the original I bought.  The new one looked very good.  Nice stake job on the extractor,  and almost perfect finish. One weird thing,  the front site has the writing on the left side and not the right like the back. No big deal, but a little weird. The overall fit even seems better. Hopefully it shoots as well it looks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Glad to hear the store is taking care of you! It is a great pistol. I really wouldn't be surprised if Beretta moves to a better FDE finish on this pistol, cerakote was never known for wear resistance. Colt ditched the cerakote on their M45A1 pistol due to cerakote wearing easily, their M45 now comes with an ion bond FDE finish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would a company be able to ionbond the Beretta slide fde?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Went to my local cabelas today to pick one of these up...they had 4 samples, all made in Italy.  All had horrendous fit and finish.  Especially noticeable on the pic rail - the slots weren't even cut straight, with spotty finish.  I could have done a better job with 2 fingers missing and a hand file.

This matches my experience that recent Italian Beretta's are terrible.  I bought an M9 and a 92fs a couple of years ago...m9 built in the USA was perfect, Italian 92FS had a seriously canted front sight, slide had to be replaced.  M9 feels much smoother, both shoot the same however.

For around 1k bucks, I was seriously disappointed with these 4 M9A3's and walked out empty handed.

Should have taken a picture, the milling wasn't even straight, probably off by 5 degrees or more on some of the slots.

-Freq
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Went to my local cabelas today to pick one of these up...they had 4 samples, all made in Italy.  All had horrendous fit and finish.  Especially noticeable on the pic rail - the slots weren't even cut straight, with spotty finish.  I could have done a better job with 2 fingers missing and a hand file.

This matches my experience that recent Italian Beretta's are terrible.  I bought an M9 and a 92fs a couple of years ago...m9 built in the USA was perfect, Italian 92FS had a seriously canted front sight, slide had to be replaced.  M9 feels much smoother, both shoot the same however.

For around 1k bucks, I was seriously disappointed with these 4 M9A3's and walked out empty handed.

Should have taken a picture, the milling wasn't even straight, probably off by 5 degrees or more on some of the slots.

-Freq
View Quote
I really hope Beretta is not taking a page from Sig's playbook as far as QC and finish are concerned.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I really hope Beretta is not taking a page from Sig's playbook as far as QC and finish are concerned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Freq
That would be enough to break me of desiring Berettas for a while. Hope that's not the case.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Just went to another shop to look at another m9a3...same thing.

I've seen good sigs and bad sigs, but I have never seen a sig with anything remotely approaching the lack of quality on the machining on the rails of these.

I's say a hipoint has better fit and finish, and I'm not over selling it.  Rough edges on the frame, crooked and mis-angled pic rail slots...unreal.

I wouldn't pay 500 bucks for that kind of quality, much less 1000.

-Freq
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just went to another shop to look at another m9a3...same thing.

I've seen good sigs and bad sigs, but I have never seen a sig with anything remotely approaching the lack of quality on the machining on the rails of these.

Is say a hipoint has better for and finish, and I'm not over selling it.  Rough edges on the frame, crooked and misangled pic rail slots...unreal.

I wouldn't pay 500 bucks for that kind of quality, much less 1000.

-Freq
View Quote
That sucks .... My italy m9a3 doesn't exhibit any of those issues .... Were those TN or Italy built?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Italy.

-Freq
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Italy.

-Freq
View Quote
Glad I got a good one .... smooth action and nice trigger as well
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 1:16:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah the triggers on all I tried were really good, very smooth in DA, no stacking.  A little creep from the wall to the break in SA but still good.  Didn't check the reset, figured it was standard 92.

-Freq
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#23]
So I went to another Cabelas - they had 10 in stock.  Wildly different finish hues between guns, especially the Tennessee built ones vs Italy.  The US guns had a muted greyish frame, Italian ones a bronze gold color frame.  Fit and finish issues on all of them, the worst offenders being the Italy made ones.  The best trigger and slide fitment was on one of the USA Tenesse guns, but I found an Italian with an almost perfect rail, no slide overhang in the rear, and a trigger almost as good as the USA gun mentioned above.

Dang Beretta...what happened?  The lack of QC was appalling...

Out of 10 guns I would have bought only 2.

-Freq
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Funny you mention slide overhang.  My first Italian,  had this as well.  The one I have now,  does not.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 2:49:19 AM EDT
[#25]
So does anyone know the reason behind the Italian gold frames vs. the grey USA made frames?

Which one is the correct color?  Anyone have both that can post a comparison pic?

-Freq
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So does anyone know the reason behind the Italian gold frames vs. the grey USA made frames?

Which one is the correct color?  Anyone have both that can post a comparison pic?

-Freq
View Quote
The gray color is the one on Beretta advertisements and has been since the beginning. I’m guessing Gardone didn’t get the memo on which of the fifty shades of FDE they were using.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

-Freq
View Quote
Look at my Italian up above it seems to have more of a Greyish hue .... Lighting makes a difference though
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Yours looks a lot lighter than the USA made frames I've seen.

Really surprised that beretta doesn't have more modern manufacturing processes and higher tolerances for the price.  I'd say your average cz is more consistent between pistols.

-Freq
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#29]
This shit is making me want an Accokeek M9a3 while Beretta sorts out whatever the hell is going on in TN and Gardone. Time to start hunting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a feeling these are going to be rare...I would rather have one myself vs. an italian or a Tenn. made gun.

-Freq
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This shit is making me want an Accokeek M9a3 while Beretta sorts out whatever the hell is going on in TN and Gardone. Time to start hunting.
View Quote
My Accokeek made M9A3 had no finish or other issues other than a slight gap between the grips and frame near the beaver tail. Fixed that with a set of WC G10 grips.
I got it at a LGS just before the shortage started. It would be interesting to know how many M9A3's were made at the Accokeek facility.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My Accokeek made M9A3 had no finish or other issues other than a slight gap between the grips and frame near the beaver tail. Fixed that with a set of WC G10 grips.
I got it at a LGS just before the shortage started. It would be interesting to know how many M9A3's were made at the Accokeek facility.
View Quote
Seems the TN and Italians are hit or miss .... I got lucky with my Italian I guess
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Seems the TN and Italians are hit or miss .... I got lucky with my Italian I guess
View Quote
Can you re-post pics of your Italy made one?  I'm curious to see if it's got a gold frame, or a grey frame like the TN guns I have seen.

-Freq
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Can you re-post pics of your Italy made one?  I'm curious to see if it's got a gold frame, or a grey frame like the TN guns I have seen.

-Freq
View Quote
Pics up above
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I lucked out and found one brand new Accokeek model, pawn shop e-mailed me tons of pictures, looks frigging beautiful... so I call to buy and a walk-in bought it 5 minutes before I called.

FML.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:24:05 AM EDT
[#36]
That blows!!!

-Freq
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#37]
As seen for years w/ FN and the rainbow of colors on things like their FDE SCAR's, trying to have the same color, form different batches of colored anodizing(not including completely different manufacturing locations) can be impossible. But, most of the other QC issues are appalling.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
As seen for years w/ FN and the rainbow of colors on things like their FDE SCAR's, trying to have the same color, form different batches of colored anodizing(not including completely different manufacturing locations) can be impossible. But, most of the other QC issues are appalling.
View Quote
I was appalled to see all three FDE Colt 901s I viewed were the exact same shade of FDE all over.

Colt needs to license out whatever they do to get uniform FDE coloring to FN and Beretta.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I agree...I mean sure, some variation is to be expected.  But light FDE barrel vs dark almost OD green FDE?  And rose gold anodized frames vs dark grey?  You can view various pics and videos online...it's not a trick of the lighting.  The grey frames are made in TN, the rose gold we are seeing now are italy guns.

Total lack of QC...extremely poor even compared to value companies.  Beretta is clearly way way behind the mean of the industry in it's processes.

-Freq
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 12:33:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I too looked at a couple more samples hoping to see improvements, both also had issues. We won't even get into the fact that Cerakote is a poor choice for a firearm finish. I really wanted one of these, but Beretta has evidently hit toilet status if I'm being honest. They are charging $1,000 for a pistol that has worse QC than a $450 pistol. They even resorted to staking the front sights, wtf, the whole point of going to a dovetail is so the sight is replaceable WITHOUT staking ...kind of like HKs. Unreal.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I too looked at a couple more samples hoping to see improvements, both also had issues. We won't even get into the fact that Cerakote is a poor choice for a firearm finish. I really wanted one of these, but Beretta has evidently hit toilet status if I'm being honest. They are charging $1,000 for a pistol that has worse QC than a $450 pistol. They even resorted to staking the front sights, wtf, the whole point of going to a dovetail is so the sight is replaceable WITHOUT staking ...kind of like HKs. Unreal.
View Quote
My Italy m9a3 isn't staked
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#42]
My local Sportsmen’s Warehouse has a nice Italian M9A3 sitting on the shelf. Thinking I might pick it up. Looked it over a few times now and no issues like described in this thread.

Want a regular M9 one of these days, but I really like the feel of the Vertec grip.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#43]
FDE anodizing has always been luck of the draw as far as what color it really turns out.

Geissele and Daniel Defense both have (or had) disclaimers about the FDE being different shades from batch to batch.

I've seen RIS IIs that were so dark brown they were almost black, and I've seen some that were more copper, and some that were light gold.

It's why Surefire quit making FDE lights and only brought back the FDE X300U for military contract.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They started staking them recently because they were having issues of the front sight falling out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I have seen USA m9a3's with the front site staked,  but not the Italians.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They started staking them recently because they were having issues of the front sight falling out.
View Quote
I guess the Italians know how to press/fit  them in properly ha

Either way a dovetailed sight shouldn't require staking
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 1:20:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as I know beretta always staked the front sights on dovetail front sight equipped 92s
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

As far as I know beretta always staked the front sights on dovetail front sight equipped 92s
View Quote
Hmmm didn't know that ..... Kind of defeats the purpose of a dovetail
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#49]
More the likely Italy was not tooled up or prepared for this, when demand spiked they had to supplement production and this always causes quality issues.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Hmmm didn't know that ..... Kind of defeats the purpose of a dovetail
View Quote
Not really you can still remove the sight and replace it, staking it keeps it from moving when you don't want it too
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top