Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/5/2022 6:06:53 AM EDT
I had a APX in the FDE full size gun 9mm and traded it always liked it , I also had a spare new grip frame and 2 or 3 ex mags I tried to sell the stuff in the E/E section couldn`t give the stuff away for 50 bucks so I bought another gun . I have the newer model on the  way
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Bought one yesterday.
No manwell in the box.
Take down how toos fellows?
It's just that I don't want to break it prying on the take down if you need it in a certain position.
And that lever is very stiff.

It's a chunky girl that's for sure.
A bit like the 320 or pdp.

The plastic box is good for something of this sort.
Looks like 4 mags will fit in it no problem.

Trigger isn't bad for a striker fired pistol.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#3]
mine should be here Tue , I like the older fde full size I had , I didn`t need this apx have Glock 19 M and 17 M, Sig 320 SW M/P , but had sum new mags and another grip frame new in the box I could`nt belieave no on made offers all yr I had that stuff for sale 3 mags and a new grip mod , O well , not selling the stuff now . will post when I get mine , you tube the take down is very easy .
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Ehh didn't think to googliate a video.

I need to get some spare mags now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:37:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Get em while ya can , they may try another ban , it would let them think they did sum thin . people arn`t giving up stuff they have .
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Get em while ya can , they may try another ban , it would let them think they did sum thin . people arn`t giving up stuff they have .
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GONIF] [#7]
Just picked it up from my FFL .The Beretta APX A1 full size 4.25" 9mm pistol with Burris RED Dot black JAXF921A1 for $479 that PSA advertised in an email with a picture of the Burris fast fire 4 mounted on the APX. There was no Burris fast fire in the box ,just a receipt that very clearly said Beretta APX A1 full size 4.25" 9mm pistol with Burris red dot ,black- jaxf921a1  . I watched the FFL open the box, and there was no Burris fast fire red dot in the box ,and no explanation of where, when  or if   I will get the burris fast fire red dot . I have contacted/ used PSA's help chat to inform them of the problem. I am very disappointed and am waiting for a response from them to see if they can resolve this issue with me . I have also posted this in the Industry section on here. Are they shipping it separately ? All im looking for is what PSA  Promised/advertised and what I paid for.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like PSA is not going to honor the deal they advertised and what I ordered and paid for . Even though the receipt from the conformation email and the receipt in the box clearly states Beretta APX A1 full size 4.25" 9mm pistol WITH  Burris red dot black $479.00 . This is the last email I got from PSA . I don't see how PSA can be trusted to deal with if this is the way they do biz.

Hello IRA

Thank you for choosing Palmetto State Armory.

Due to the issue you are having with the product, we recommend contacting the manufacturer of the item to discuss their warranty/repair programs or missing components.

Palmetto State Armory does not warranty third party products, and ships these products in the same condition and packaging as they are received from the manufacturer.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Regards,

Dejah
Palmetto State Armory Customer Service
(803) 724-6950
[email protected]

ref:_00D1HNYw7._5005a27sWqh:ref

'
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
479 is what the APXA1 is going for everywhere online.  It would have taken you 5 minutes online searching to see that PSA couldn’t possibly be including a Burris fast fire with your pistol.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoDakWolfPack:
479 is what the APXA1 is going for everywhere online.  It would have taken you 5 minutes online searching to see that PSA couldn’t possibly be including a Burris fast fire with your pistol.
View Quote

FYI , I have found 2 places that have them at $399.99 .
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks to Josh at PSA , they have resolved the issue/mistake to my total satisfaction . And will either ship me the FF4 or a PSA $300.00 gift card to use on a future purchase.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GONIF:
Thanks to Josh at PSA , they have resolved the issue/mistake to my total satisfaction . And will either ship me the FF4 or a PSA $300.00 gift card to use on a future purchase.
View Quote

You lucky dog!
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Picked one up today to try for my first RDS pistol.  As stated, she is a little thicc in the slide, but looking forward to blasting away with it in a couple days.  Preliminary attempt to field strip was a negative, as the takedown lever was stiff and I’m not sure I was doing it correctly.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:43:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I got mine for 475 , it must be a MSRP price thing , ,
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:59:43 AM EDT
[#15]
That`s a good price for a gun with the Beretta name on it , I have a lod M 9 I bought maybe around 1999 0r so in the big green box with all the stuff holster , , plain brown box , mag pouch , cleaning stuff , its has a lot of finish wear and always worked .
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By meistermash:
Ehh didn't think to googliate a video.

I need to get some spare mags now.
View Quote

Grabagun has 17 rounders for $20.  I’m assuming the original mags work in the new A1 version?
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Just ran 150 rounds thru mine and loved it.  Shot to point of aim.  Ejection was a little weak, but I attribute that to break in and low powered ammo.  I will eventually add an optic for my first RDS pistola.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Just picked it up from my FFL .The Beretta APX A1 full size 4.25" 9mm pistol with Burris RED Dot black JAXF921A1 for $479 that PSA advertised in an email with a picture of the Burris fast fire 4 mounted on the APX. There was no Burris fast fire in the box ,just a receipt that very clearly said Beretta APX A1 full size 4.25" 9mm pistol with Burris red dot ,black- jaxf921a1  . I watched the FFL open the box, and there was no Burris fast fire red dot in the box ,and no explanation of where, when  or if   I will get the burris fast fire red dot . I have contacted/ used PSA's help chat to inform them of the problem. I am very disappointed and am waiting for a response from them to see if they can resolve this issue with me . I have also posted this in the Industry section on here. Are they shipping it separately ? All im looking for is what PSA  Promised/advertised and what I paid for.
View Quote

I'm a little concerned about this.  I, too, have ordered this same pistol/deal they had advertised and it for sure indicates that it comes with a Burris red dot.  It doesn't specifically say it's the FF4, although that is what they have pictured on top of the pistol on their listing.  Nonetheless, it does specifically say it includes a Burris Red Dot.

Mine is set to arrive tomorrow, it looks like - so I'll report back - hopefully with good news
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BattlePack:

Grabagun has 17 rounders for $20.  I’m assuming the original mags work in the new A1 version?
View Quote

Thank you freind.
Ordered 4 this AM.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 3:49:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GONIF] [#20]
Originally Posted By meistermash:

Thank you freind.
Ordered 4 this AM.
View Quote

Great price
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:20:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Got mine sat , gave it a wipe down and reoiled here and there , already have a few spare mags , and leather open top holster , the apx doesn`t seem any wider in the slide area than say a sig 320 , or G/20 , everything seems very well made fit and finish wise ,
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:23:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Got to fire maybe just 40 rds today  with no problem s gun is tight and a little gritty take down leaver is real tight put sum oil on it to soak will give a good clean up and then won`t clean for a few hundred rds again .
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Got to fire maybe just 40 rds today  with no problem s gun is tight and a little gritty take down leaver is real tight put sum oil on it to soak will give a good clean up and then won`t clean for a few hundred rds again .
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By triaxle:
View Quote

If the oil doesn't work on the takedown lever. You can finesse the lever with a small set of pliers. I used a heavy layer of tape on the jaw,s to save from marring the finish. My lever loosened up substantially after one coaxing session with the pliers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:14:22 AM EDT
[#26]
The lever will get better as I use it , the apx works great , feels good in the hand , been firing with different ammo , no problems it works .
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Ran another 50 rds of 124 gr and sun 115 junk stuff gun runs fine , trigger is good but a little heavier than I like I found myself a few times when it didn`t go bang I dipped down .like a flinch thing , my Glock and Sig 320 are a little lighter and so far I do shoot them better .
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#28]
The Beretta online store is running a 25% sale with code HFD25 and free shipping over $95. I noticed that the packaged 21-round mags are $29.99 right now, while the unpackaged version is $39.99. I don’t visit their online store very often, so I’m not sure what the normal price is, but it seems like a good deal with the 25% off and free shipping.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 5StarGeneral:

If the oil doesn't work on the takedown lever. You can finesse the lever with a small set of pliers. I used a heavy layer of tape on the jaw,s to save from marring the finish. My lever loosened up substantially after one coaxing session with the pliers.
View Quote

My pre-A1 APX pistols were full of whatever assembly oil they use. Pulling the chassis from the frame and wiping it all off, then judiciously lubing it helps smooth things out a lot.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#30]
My new apx a1 ran great to day with 124 gr and sum wolf stuff , my son shot and likes it , he just got a new csx I tried it and it shoot well .
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 4:14:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I liked my son`s CXS went and got one .
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Got a pair for me and my brother.  Also mounted the Steiner MPS red dot with a fully enclosed emitter like an Aimpoint Acro.

What a beautiful pistol for very little money.  For the pistols, the mounting plates, the Steiners, mounting, shipping and tax came to $2k even.  Unfortunately, we couldn't keep the original 17rd mags in my state so I had to swap them out for 10s.  The mags are all metal and are works of art.

As soon as COVID leaves me, I'll go to the range.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#34]
My full sized APX A1 with the Trijicon RM2 type 2 3.5 moa runs like a Toyota . 100% reliable and accurate ,but the trigger is just ok and needs to be smoother and lighter . Guess i will have to wait untill Langdon or Apex come up with a better trigger for it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#35]
I ran maybe another 100 rds , the gun runs great , it`s a Beretta , trigger could be a tad lighter , and if I put a red dot on it I would want a smaller one  to keep this package compact for the size it is .
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#36]
The competition striker springs should fit, they lighten up the trigger a fair bit. Kind of like a very high-mileage stock striker spring
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GONIF] [#37]
FYI, all new 2022 Beretta full size APX A1 pistols come with the green comp striker springs .  Mine came with the green striker spring . I spoke to the Beretta customer service people and was told that All 2022 APX A1 4.25 pistols come with the comp spring from Beretta. You can put the new green comp spring in an older APX . I hope the after market comes up with something in the future. If you shoot a new Walther PDP or Canik ,you will get a shock. Makes the Beretta trigger look silly.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#38]
The A1 is sexy
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I have around 500 rds of all kind of ammo through this new APX a1 , not one problem but well its a Beretta ya no . it fits well in my Galco open top I have for a Sig 229 I think .
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Sorry to hijack a thread but is the trigger on the APX and the APX A1 the same?  Other than cosmetics, are there any vast differences between the two pistols? Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I Just bought this .  There is a $100 rebate that expires at the end of the year from Beretta directly.  The pistol is $319 minus rebate makes it $219

That seems like a steal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
The A1 is sexy
View Quote

Sometimes the homely ones are sexy .
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
I Just bought this .  There is a $100 rebate that expires at the end of the year from Beretta directly.  The pistol is $319 minus rebate makes it $219

That seems like a steal.
View Quote

Even better yet ,I just got one from Simmons sporting good with free freight for $299.99 ,that's $199.99 after the rebate.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 10:48:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yea-Right] [#44]
Shoot Straight has them here for $429.

I don't need another gun, but I like Beretta's and it seems like a nice piece.

Will probably fo.........

Where do I get mags?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Picked up the APX a1 carry from the FFL ,headed out to the desert and ran 200 rounds of mixed ammo through it . Functions 100% perfectly ,trigger is long and heavy as expected. Still at the price you can't complain too much .
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 12:54:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#46]
I was hoping Beretta would announce A1 Centurion and Compact models at SHOT this year, but it looks like no joy. Kind of curious if sales of those models in the original APX line weren’t great, or if it’s just not a priority for them. I’d like to try out the APX series but would prefer a Centurion sized pistol over the full size.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
I was hoping Beretta would announce A1 Centurion and Compact models at SHOT this year, but it looks like no joy. Kind of curious if sales of those models in the original APX line weren't great, or if it's just not a priority for them. I'd like to try out the APX series but would prefer a Centurion sized pistol over the full size.
View Quote

Sales of the APX line sucked.
I wouldn't be surprised if they get discontinued.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

I very much doubt they will discontinue it any time soon. IMHO Beretta will figure out how to improve and update the APX trigger . With a better trigger the APX is as good or better than most other striker fired pistols at or near the same price. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the APX other than the trigger .
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#49]

I very much doubt they will discontinue it any time soon. IMHO Beretta will figure out how to improve and update the APX trigger . With a better trigger the APX is as good or better than most other striker fired pistols at or near the same price. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the APX other than the trigger .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Me too, but the sales figures suck. That's what's wrong with it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The trigger is not worse than most of the striker-fired competition. I certainly don't miss more with it than any other pistol. It's different because of how the action bar pushes on the rotating sear.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top