Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2023 10:14:06 AM EDT
Anyone see the new model on Beretta's site before they pulled it down?

92XI SAO
Introducing the new frontier for the 90 Series – the 92XI.
The 92XI brings the long-awaited frame mounted safety to the standard 92 family of products, as well as a single action only variant and various ergonomic enhancements.
The frame mounted safety offers an ambidextrous solution, bringing the safety lever more in reach with natural ergonomics.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Tradition Meets Innovation
The 92XI features the Xtreme-S single action only and flat faced trigger, performance DLC coated trigger components and a lightweight skeletonized hammer, allowing for a crisp trigger pull with the option to go cocked and locked.

The 92XI carries forward the Vertec style frame, both high and low-capacity magazine options, a fiber optic front sight for faster sight acquisition, and the option for MRDS optics mounting making this a high performing, reliable choice for personal defense and competition.

Available in a new line of colorways with standard and limited edition variants, the long-awaited 92XI brings classic design with modern innovation.

X-treme S Trigger - Single Action Only

Flat trigger profile for more consistent engagement with DLC coated components for a smoother action.

Fiber Optic Front Sight With MRDS Mounting

Fiber optic front sight offers a superior sight acquisition with MRDS mounting capability to give that extra edge in competition or defensive situations.

Checkered Frame With Enhanced Grip Panel Texturing

Aggressive texturing to help maintain consistent grip for recoil management and shot placement.

Ambidextrous Frame Mounted Safety

Traditional design optimized for competition to quickly engage and disengage the safety for speed and manipulation.

Premium H-Series Cerakote® Finish

Highly durable, corrosion and chemical resistant ceramic technology coating.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Kinda want.

It's also funny that with all of these "ergonomic enhancements," Beretta still machines the frames with the little point in front of the magazine catch right at the trigger guard/front strap junction.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd shoot that
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kinda want.

It's also funny that with all of these "ergonomic enhancements," Beretta still machines the frames with the little point in front of the magazine catch right at the trigger guard/front strap junction.
View Quote

I know right, at least Langdon got that smoothed on the ltt elite
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested in a SAO 92, but I hate that reverse two tone look. Hate it on 1911's also.
Classic two tone is fine, all black is fine, hopefully there will be options.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Big want. I’ll buy one. I just hope it isn’t Vertec grips only and they come with a set of humpbacks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Imagine an LTT version of an 92XI SAO Compact with his optic cut.

Be still my beating heart.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Imagine an LTT version of an 92XI SAO Compact with his optic cut.

Be still my beating heart.
View Quote

This, plus -OdieGreen-‘s comment about the regular grip vs Vertec . My level of “do want” is relatively low if I’m stuck with Beretta’s clunky RDO solution, and I’m not aware of any “slim” G10 wrap-around grips for the Vertec. I’d just as soon stick with my LTT Elite if neither of those options are available, personally. The SA trigger on my Centurion is phenomenal. Maybe not as good as a dedicated SAO, but I guarantee that’s not what would be holding me back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Big want. I’ll buy one. I just hope it isn’t Vertec grips only and they come with a set of humpbacks.
View Quote

I would also much prefer the original style grips. The Vertec grip style is not my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This, plus -OdieGreen-‘s comment about the regular grip vs Vertec . My level of “do want” is relatively low if I’m stuck with Beretta’s clunky RDO solution, and I’m not aware of any “slim” G10 wrap-around grips for the Vertec. I’d just as soon stick with my LTT Elite if neither of those options are available, personally. The SA trigger on my Centurion is phenomenal. Maybe not as good as a dedicated SAO, but I guarantee that’s not what would be holding me back.
View Quote

LOK Grips makes factory grip size G10 wrap arounds.
LOK wrap arounds.

It might have changed but last I heard LTT didn’t do SAO slides.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Price
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Not bad, getting better. Would prefer the more classic look though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LOK Grips makes factory grip size G10 wrap arounds.
LOK wrap arounds.

It might have changed but last I heard LTT didn’t do SAO slides.
View Quote

Correct on both accounts. The wrap-arounds are (to my knowledge) factory contour (fatter than I want), and LTT doesn’t do SAO slides. They can’t do a slide with the factory RDO anyway, so unless Beretta’s willing to make an SAO without their RDO cut, LTT won’t have any reason to explore it as an option.

Which brings us full circle back to my level of “do want” being pretty low.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Correct on both accounts. The wrap-arounds are (to my knowledge) factory contour (fatter than I want), and LTT doesn’t do SAO slides. They can’t do a slide with the factory RDO anyway, so unless Beretta’s willing to make an SAO without their RDO cut, LTT won’t have any reason to explore it as an option.

Which brings us full circle back to my level of “do want” being pretty low.
View Quote

I should have clarified they’re factory 92X width, which is thinner than 92FS grips.

92X on the left, 92FS on the right. The FS grips are as wide as the safety, the 92X are slimmer.

Here are the LOKS compared to the 92X. They look about the same if not slimmer. (This is their thin width.)

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Interesting. Still not as slim as the VZ Ultra Thins that the LTT comes with, but those might be viable.

Still have to deal with the slide though, and something tells me Beretta won’t want to hear about my preference for LTT over their version, haha. Unless Ernest convinces them to make a 92XI Elite for him to RDO cut himself, it’s probably a pipe dream.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#15]
ME WANT...if the price is right!
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll take mine with an M9A1 frame and no optics cut please.  I'm sure it won't happen though since they seem to be in love with the vertec frame and their RDO design.

I'll also take a SAO conversion kit for my 92XP.  I half-ass converted it myself, but it has some quirks.  I need to either modify or replace some parts to get rid of the pseudo-DA due to the half-cock notch.  Pretty sure I just need to eliminate the half-cock notch on the hammer, but I haven't been able to get a definitive answer, so I haven't modified mine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#17]
About 20 years too late.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#18]
That's hot
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Very interesting.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Just started looking to pick up a beretta.
If I spot this at the gun show next weekend, it may come home with me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#21]
And now I am curious why it's no longer on the website.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And now I am curious why it's no longer on the website.
View Quote

Probably weren’t supposed to launch it until after SHOT show and someone messed up. Lot of industry leaks happen that way.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Its official now: Launch Edition

I just posted it in GD here
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Excellent!! This saved me from dropping coin on a Performance and gives me basically everything I want in a RDO Beretta
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Its official now: Launch Edition

I just posted it in GD here
View Quote

I saw this a little earlier. That looks good enough to buy.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Daddy likey.

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Make a DA version with a frame mounted decocker please.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#28]
So basically a 92 with a frame mounted safety and capable of running SAO? About damn time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:07:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Vertec frame
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#30]

If I got the Launch Edition, it would go great with this INOX I just got.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Wish it had the rounded trigger guard like the performance.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#32]
The launch edition frame is just cerakoted.  A letdown.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

As is the slide on the production model
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 12:22:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not a deal breaker for me. I am getting ready to put one on backorder tomorrow. They are supposed to start shipping out in February.
Link Posted: 1/30/2023 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#35]
As of about 15 minutes ago, I placed an order for the new Launch Edition with EuroOptic. It will be on backorder until they get one in. At least I will have my standing order to secure my place in line to get one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:46:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
As of about 15 minutes ago, I placed an order for the new Launch Edition with EuroOptic. It will be on backorder until they get one in. At least I will have my standing order to secure my place in line to get one.
View Quote

@jrs93accord we’ll need pictures and shooting review ASAP upon delivery please
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Damn, that launch edition looks good with the wood grips, and it looks like they are keeping the regular models with the 92X/M9A4 grip texture, which is phenomenal IMHO.

I'd prefer either straight black or stainless, not a big two tone fan, reverse or otherwise.

I have 92 mags out the yingyang but only one Beretta, need more 92s.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Roger that. I contacted EuroOptic yesterday and they are still waiting on the pistols (92XI Launch and 80X Launch) from Beretta. They said as soon as they get them in, they will ship out my orders.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Roger that. I contacted EuroOptic yesterday and they are still waiting on the pistols (92XI Launch and 80X Launch) from Beretta. They said as soon as they get them in, they will ship out my orders.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got both the 92XI and the new Cheetah? Interested to know how the triggers compare to each other, the 80X looks like a pretty sweet little DA/SA blaster.

You’re putting RDS and WML on both I assume?
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You got both the 92XI and the new Cheetah? Interested to know how the triggers compare to each other, the 80X looks like a pretty sweet little DA/SA blaster.

You’re putting RDS and WML on both I assume?
View Quote

I have not decided about those just yet. Still waiting for the pistols to arrive and get shipped. Once I get them in hand and have handled them for a short while, I will make those decisions.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#41]
I received an e-mail from EuroOptic this afternoon. My 92XI SAO Launch Edition has shipped and is due to arrive at my FFL tomorrow.

Still no word on the 80X Cheetah, but I hoping to hear good news soon.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#42]
About time, still too much more than a PT92 though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
About 20 years too late.
View Quote

At least 2 years late. I bought an M9A4 instead of waiting.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like there are a few of the Launch editions sitting on GB for around $1300.  I'm waiting on a regular version to show up at the distributor for my purchasing needs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Looks like there are a few of the Launch editions sitting on GB for around $1300.  I'm waiting on a regular version to show up at the distributor for my purchasing needs.
View Quote

I looked at this just now. I am wondering if they even have them yet. Are they in stock or just doing a pre-sale before they come in? I ordered mine just over a month ago for $1099.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top