Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2021 5:54:22 PM EDT
I've been thinking about getting a 92 from Langdon for a couple years now, but just kept putting it off. I had a M9A3, but after owning it for a while and putting a few thousand rounds through it, I came to the conclusion that the Vertec style grip just wasn't for me. And I wasn't too keen on the wrap around hogue grip that it came with either. When I saw that Langdon released an optic ready 92 elite, I decided to sell the M9A3 and order one.

It took 2 months, but I finally got it in a few days ago and I'm pretty impressed with it. The slide, trigger and all the controls are super smooth. It has a 3lb 4oz SA trigger pull, with an extremely short reset, like around 2.5mm. I noticed that the markings on the slide are a little different from the other ones I've seen too. I like the LTT logo near the rear. I put a few hundred rounds through it, and it's one of the smoothest shooting pistols I've shot. I will say that the staking on the front sight could have been better. After I got home from the range, I noticed the the sight was loose and I could slide to back and forth with my finger. I applied some Loctite 620 to it and it seems very solid now, but I'll see how it holds up next time I take it out before contacting Langdon about it. I read about a few other people having the same issue and fixing it with Loctite, so it's probably not that big of a deal. But considering how much this cost, I'm surprised it came loose right so quickly.

Anyway, aside from the front sight, I'm very happy with it and I think I'd like to got one with irons when they come back in stock.

If you like the Beretta 92, and you have the opportunity to get one of the LTT Elites, do it. You won't be disappointed.

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you like it. But I'm not a fan of light rails nor optics, personally. I would love to see one without those. On second thought, maybe I wouldn't, it might cost me money.

I'm surprised with the front sight issue being somewhat wide spread. I would've thought Langdon was better than that on QC?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Great looking gun.  Just found out that my RDO slide was shipped out today so I'm excited for that.  Did you go with a 12 or 13 pound hammer spring?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great looking gun.  Just found out that my RDO slide was shipped out today so I'm excited for that.  Did you go with a 12 or 13 pound hammer spring?
View Quote

Nice, how long did you have to wait for that?

I’ve currently got the 13# spring in it. I will probably try out a 12# one in the near future and see how reliable it is with my ammo.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nice, how long did you have to wait for that?

I’ve currently got the 13# spring in it. I will probably try out a 12# one in the near future and see how reliable it is with my ammo.
View Quote

Exactly two weeks, but I went with the gray slide which is supposed to take 3-5 weeks.  I have a #13 in mine, but I have a #12 coming with the slide.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Glad you like it. But I'm not a fan of light rails nor optics, personally. I would love to see one without those. On second thought, maybe I wouldn't, it might cost me money.

I'm surprised with the front sight issue being somewhat wide spread. I would've thought Langdon was better than that on QC?
View Quote

I do wish that they made a 92fs version of it but with the rounded trigger guard like the Wilson one.

I took it out to the range again today and the front site held fast, so I believe the loctite did the trick.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:12:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats, that is a gorgeous gun.  You'll love it as much as I've loved mine!
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up a used one (2019) yesterday afternoon that is in great shape. It came with 6 magazines and a Streamlight TLR-1 HL. I love the trigger on this thing. It is by far the best trigger on any of my other 9 Berettas. Mine did not come with the stainless steel grip screws, so I ordered a set last night from Langdon Tactical. I am looking forward to shooting this thing. Hopefully, sooner that later. I still want to pick up a 92X Performance for my collection.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 12:45:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just picked up a used one (2019) yesterday afternoon that is in great shape. It came with 6 magazines and a Streamlight TLR-1 HL. I love the trigger on this thing. It is by far the best trigger on any of my other 9 Berettas. Mine did not come with the stainless steel grip screws, so I ordered a set last night from Langdon Tactical. I am looking forward to shooting this thing. Hopefully, sooner that later. I still want to pick up a 92X Performance for my collection.

https://i.imgur.com/uJLdRhO.jpg
View Quote

You’re going to really like it. It’s one on my top favorites to take to the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top