Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2018 1:09:49 AM EDT
i am a CNC machinist and tool and die maker.  have been involved in ACR and AR15 production. my first gun was a 191, witch i sold so now i want to build one from scratch.  i know how the gun functions. need a good book about fitting the parts and rookie mistakes.

any good sources?

thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 1:39:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I know there are a lot of different 80% builds out there for the 1911. I imagine you can find a full CNC file to make one out of what ever block. This one has good videos for the 80% ones and the other tools you need.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
You need 2 books; both books by Jerry Kuhnhausen:
1) The Colt .45 Automatic - A Shop Manual
2) The US M1911/M1911A1 Pistol & Commercial M1911 Pistols - A Shop Manual

1) Is a trouble shooting type book
2) Is a spec dimensions and parts checking book.
Although the two books do overlap some.

If you only buy one, buy #(2) IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]
CARVING .45 CALIBER AUTOMATICS OUT OF STEEL WWII UNION SWITCH AND SIGNAL MOVIE 44524
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
nice

did find a box of gunsmithing books at a flea market, 35 bucks,  16 books  including three for the 1911
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#5]
The Jerry Kuhnhausen Shop Manuals Volume One and Two mentioned above are the best ever done on the 1911 series.

Book One is basic disassembly, reassembly, parts check out, and fitting new parts.
Book Two has complete blue prints and more data.
All this is to Colt factory standards, specs, and techniques.... no fly by night jack leg methods.

You'll also find complete sets of original USGI blueprints and drawings here.....

http://www.klstottlemyer.com/prints-drawings-etc.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top