Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2020 5:37:59 PM EDT
So I bought the Bianchi Black Widow leather holster for my CZ 75 SP-01. (Midway USA's site indicated this holster would fit this exact gun.)

Technically you can jam it in there, but it doesn't seem practical at all. Getting it out is freaking impossible with the holster actually on your belt; the only way I managed to get it out involved taking the holster off and using both hands.

It just seems way too fucking tight and the sight on the end of the barrel seems to get caught like a son of a bitch.

I am currently letting it sit, fully in the holster with the strap buttoned shut, per the instructions, for a couple of days. However so far, it still seems ridiculously impractical.

Can anyone (***who actually owns a CZ 75 SP-01) give me some advice? Does this sound normal at the beginning of the breaking in process, or do I have a holster that is not appropriate for this gun?

I need something that I can wear and, God forbid if I need to use it, the gun needs to come out fast and easy without a bunch of struggling and diddle-fucking around.

Ideally I like the idea of a leather holster because I don't want to scratch up the gun.

HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a thing with some leather holsters.   Wrap the gun in a grocery bag and seat it for a few days, it will stretch.

I still like kydex for most apps.  A little harder on the gun finish, I’m ok with that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, my SP 01 Phantom fits well in most of my leather Sig P226 holsters.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I like my RGrizzle leather holster for my PCR so much I have one on order for my SP-01.

I sent him measurements so he can make sure the sight channel will allow the suppressor height sights to clear, and leaving the muzzle end open for the threaded barrel.

The lead time is worth the wait, I'm still a couple months out from getting that holster in.

For kydex, IBX Tactical is what I'm currently using since I've got my Streamlight TLR-1 on it for the winter months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top